Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » good girls did, and still do... i think?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: good girls did, and still do... i think??
BeatlesBoy
Neophyte
Member # 7735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeatlesBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess I'll be the second boy to post here. We're a rare species, Shadow Stalker! Anyway, I think girls probably start masturbating at an earlier age than boys, who in general seem to start around the time of puberty. I don't know that for a fact, but that's my experience and that of everyone I've talked to about it. I started when I was 11. My first experience was not a very good one--I was rubbing lotion into my genitals and a little bead of semen appeared. I was very freaked out, although at least I knew what it was from the Health class that I was in at the time, in 6th grade. I didn't do it for several months afterwards, but then that summer, I discovered the joys of masturbation. I'm currently up to 454 ejaculations over approximately three years of masturbation. I suppose I'm very weird for keeping track...
Posts: 18 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Kitten
Activist
Member # 5316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nocturnal Kitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was probably around eight or nine when I started. I got curious after seeing part of a movie where a woman was grinding against a guy as they kissed, so I thought I would try it out against a pillow, sans the kissing. All I knew was that it felt good, so I kept doing it. I didn't start using my fingers until I was 16 though because, and this is embarassing to admit, I didn't know there was penitration involved in sex until I read "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice. I had to reread several parts trying to figure out what she meant, then when it finally dawned on me, I branded myself an idiot. A few years later, my first online boyfriend asked me to try using my fingers and I did, though I was in a swimming pool at the time, so it didn't feel that great. I didn't attempt it again until almost year later when I first had phone sex.

------------------
It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then.

Posts: 50 | From: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to think i was an utter freak for masturbating very young...but i'm clearly not. i reckon i started around 6 or 7. i particularly remember that on saturdays, when i had my swimming lesson, i'd go home, tell my parents i was tired [heehee] and have a lie down in my top bunk bed, and masturbate.
like some other people i used some cuddly toys too, i still have one of them, and pillows. i didn't 'discover' penetration til i was about 11, i think, tho it's now completely part of my masturbation -ritual-. i did not, however, discover my g-spot until just the other week. and that was fabulous!
now that i'm 18 i'm also seriously considering buying a vibrator. for my own benefit and i think it could add some fun to partnered sex!

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann02
Activist
Member # 7465

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Shann02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was about 7 or 8 I think. It was when I was playing with my barbies.
Posts: 54 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 12 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was never a time when I didn't masturbate. I remember once when I was 3 years old (thats right, 3)..me and my pillow!
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilkazzy
Neophyte
Member # 7892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilkazzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When i was young, i never knowingly did anything because it felt good. I remember sitting with my leg under me and my foot rubbing at a weird angle and thinking "this feels pretty good", but it never convinced me to do it again... any time i did do it again was through accident.
I never actually started masturbating until i was 15. I had been on the phone to a guy that i fancied, and he seemed totally shocked that i had never reached orgasm (we were very open with eachother about everything). So i started to masturbate. I started with things like pens... It's weird how i have never actually used a pillow, or a cuddly toy... But yeah, so things started, and so they go on, not so much with pens any more - usually just fingers (mine or my boyfriend's).

Posts: 35 | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's a creative topic!

I remember in 4th or 5th grade me and my neighbor (she was a grade below me) were really close, so we's go into the bathroom together and everything We'd try on pads together, too. Oh I miss those days so much!

Anyway, while I was just sitting on the toilet reading or whatever, Heather would be in the bathtub under the faucet masturbating. I would always see her eyes rolling upward because she was excited, but I never that this process was known! Anyway, she'd always tell me to try it, and I did, and she'd have to pry me away from the faucet...

...I guess some things never change

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't ever remember doing much before i was 13. I honestly dont think i did anything really, because nothing at all comes to mind.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PurpLeMisTy14
Neophyte
Member # 7905

Icon 12 posted      Profile for PurpLeMisTy14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started "rubbing" myself around the age of 4. I'd use my teddy bear and pillow and stuff. I never really knew what it was until some cousin of my friends told me what I was doing when I was about 5. I didn't really understand though. I still touched down there, but didn't understand fully until I was 9-10 years old. I didn't fully masterbate till about 6th grade, then in 7th I started to really like it. Now, in the 8th grade, I masterbate all the time (even with my mom's vibrater...heehee) and I also let my boyfriend finger me
*~PurpLeMisTy14~*

Posts: 7 | From: oxnard, california, usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Purplemisty, it is generally not a good idea for two people to share things like vibrators. If vibrators are EVER shared, condoms must be used to cover the vibrator each time it is used, and it should be thoroughly cleaned after each use. This is important to stop the spread of infections (like yeast infections), bacteria and/or STDs.

And don't forget the latex gloves and lube for manual sex.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
33z
Neophyte
Member # 8094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 33z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I know there hasn't been a reply in here for a while. But I had to this is my first post and I just got done registering. Well I'll be one of the few guys replying in here.Cause I'd like to say unlike most guys I start masturbating at a very early age. I was not much more than six! Now I didn't start the normal "jerking" way. lol I started with what I could think up which was some wierd rubbing thing. But anyway I started doing this because my one friend told me about head and I wanted to see what it would feel like and my rubbing thing was the most I could think up at the time so...lol. OF course I couldn't cum yet so I was left doing it for hours and getting all sweaty ewww I know but what can I say. Well I kept doing it and continue to do so today and guess what I can cum now lol . But thats my story on when I started!
Posts: 2 | From: Kittanning | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africana
Neophyte
Member # 8104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a little kid I would sit on my foot and rub against it. My mom always asked me if I had to pee. Other than that, I didn't do start at a young age.
I was about 14 when I actually started to explore myself, and discovered my ability to orgasm earlier this year!

Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my first time masturbating was probable when i was about 9/10 years old. Im sure i touched myself ealier but i never really new what i was doing until my friends told me what an orgasm felt like, then i knew what i was doing.

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~

Why is it that in the
land of the free, home
of the brave, why is it
that i still feel like a
slave.?"

Life is too short..Live it well and with the people you care about.. Don't ever let your work become your life... Go out there and live a little before its too late** Dr. Greene ER

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShortGuy622
Neophyte
Member # 6852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShortGuy622     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i cant really remember when i started masturbating, probably around 5th grade, but i remember about a month after my 15th birthday was when i first orgasmed. i was in bed and got aroused, so i did it, and came all over my sheets. i felt like an idiot. i changed the sheets and put the dirty ones behind my bed. in the morning i had to wash them. sorry if i got kinda graphic.
Posts: 10 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africana
Neophyte
Member # 8104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To the boys who say they never masturbated as little kids: Whatever!
I've babysat lots of little boys over the past few years, and all of them played with their dingies at every possible chance. I'd have to push their hands out of the way when changing diapers, only to have them shoot right back down there...

Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Africana, i know we can't hear tones on here, but i think that was unnecessary. Everyone is different, and many people start masturbating in different ages.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everyone is different, and many people start masturbating in different ages.

And just to prove it, I'm going to 'fess up to being a seriously late bloomer in this respect ...

I first tried masturbating as a teenager (after reading about it), but didn't really get anywhere and just found it kind of frustrating (later, I found out that because of neurological problems and medication side-effects, I need a lot of stimulation to get anywhere near orgasm).

I was well into my twenties before I finally figured out what worked for me (and bought a vibrator) and had my first orgasm.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I started pretty young too. It think around age 7. . . Or at least that's the first time I can remember. The truth of the matter is, I didn't figure out what I was doing until freshmen year of highschool or so. I mean, even with the sex ed. I had no clue. I remember being little and trying to show my friends what felt good to me, and it didn't work. You see, I don't have to use my hands. It's a matter of tensing muscles for me so since I had only heard of the conventional way I was completely oblivious to what I was doing. It wasn't until I realized what an orgasm felt like (I knew what it was), and that that was what I was experiencing, until I had any clue that that was what I was doing. Weird I know. But hey, no hands!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Layra
Activist
Member # 8047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Layra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i remember that i started at the age of 4. I know it's too early, but i just remember that i used to touch my genitals and i had orgasms. I used to do it, when i was watching television, when someone kiss or have sex with someone else. That turned me on. During the next years i thought it was sin, but then i discovered that it's totally normal and has a name: masturbation. I really don't introduce stuff in me, i just stimulate the clitoris area, and i got orgasms. Masturbation is a normal and natural way to know better your own genitals.
Posts: 89 | From: San JOSe, Costa Rica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FalconWing
Neophyte
Member # 7090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FalconWing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really glad to read that i'm not the only really early starter it seems so weird to confess to people that you've been at this since 3 or 4 but it's alot easier to deal with when you can talk and realize your not alone and have grown up
Posts: 28 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happydude
Neophyte
Member # 8483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happydude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Age Twelve. In the car, my mother went inside to visit some lady. I had an hour alone. Everything progressed from there. Highly recommend it.

Happy Dude

Paraphrase of Bill Maher: When I was a teenager, I believed I would stop masturbating in my twenties. When I was in my twenties, I believed I would stop masturbating in my thirties. In my thirties, I accepted that I had a lifetime hobby.

Posts: 7 | From: Columbus, Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember watching a soap opera (GENERAL HOSPITAL) with my friend Liz when we were really young and seeing two people making out in bed. We were sitting on the floor watching it and decided to act it out. My mom was in the other room, and I guess she heard us, because she asked us what we were doing. We said "nothing", and then went up to my room to try it more. That was my first real experience with sexuality.

I didn't find out what masturbation was until 5th grade when I was over at a friend's house and started reading a book that her mom got her about "growing up". It mentioned that sometimes girls touch their clitoris to bring them to orgasm, so when I got home, I tried it. It took me a while to find my clitoris... I was rubbing my hymen for a while, thinking, "how is this "clitoris" supposed to feel good?" until I finaly found the right spot. I orgasmed that night, and I've been addicted ever since! Of course now I know more about masturbation, and I even hav a vibrator that I treasure very much

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oohlala34
Activist
Member # 11096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oohlala34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can remember having ::AWESOME:: fantasy life when I was 10, and I can even remember having an orgasm.But that's all - I think I might start masturbating tonight because it sounds like fun!
Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oohlala34
Activist
Member # 11096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oohlala34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a total laugh!I can remember playing a game with my friend, Sarah, called "Spanking Doctor".LOL.We were always scared that her older sis would walk in the room.I can't believe I'm not the only one!
Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. Masterbation... Yeah, i was 12, and i used to hump on pillows and my stuffed animals (usually the teddybear).. Not long after, i figured out what was going on in my vaginal area, so i casually moved my hands there, and inside. It felt good.. i kept doing it with myself till i was 17, then one of my ex-boyfriends' bestfriend was the first guy who helped me masterbate, and from there, i had my first real "organsm" I still masterbate to this day too

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetprincess89
Neophyte
Member # 12936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetprincess89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was 7 the first time i masturbated, it was with the shower massager *hides*

------------------
Guys are like bubbles, easy to do but hard to keep.

Posts: 24 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunnyside
Neophyte
Member # 10702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnyside     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa...it's been said before, but reading all this REALLY makes me feel better about myself. I started masturbating some time in preschool, I think, and it wasn't until sixth grade that I even sort of realized it was sexual, even after learning about masturbation in sex ed. I can actually remember thinking, "Oh, but it says masturbation is touching yourself, and I rub myself, so that's different." Even as a small child, I felt weirdly guilty about it, and the fact that my parents were understanding almost made it worse. That whole "Sweetie, that's something you should do by yourself" line really had the adverse effect on me. I freaked out and assumed I was an oddball- not that I stopped, I just kept feeling guilty. Going to Catholic school didn't help, where even if the other girls did masturbate, they sure pretended to be grossed out by the topic. So I never really had the girl-girl friend dynamic that some people have mentioned. But then I found Scarleteen, and the world is a happy place! No more guilt tripping for me!
Posts: 18 | From: texas. boy howdy. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 10 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a fun topic! i always thought i was weird because i started masturbating at 5 yrs...and i would have never guessed that anyone else did! good to know that i'm not alone...um....i use the pillow, used to use the dolls (wow that's embarrassing). Nothing out of the ordinary. But i've never been one to do it with my own hand...maybe one day i'll get into it...who knows.
Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy986
Neophyte
Member # 11922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well im a guy and i didnt start masterbating until i was liek 11. someone said that guys are lying because at a young age we are always playing with our penises. i know i did this but it really isnt masterbation. it wasnt for me anyways. it really wasnt pleasurable. it was just something that catches our attention. there is something sticking out of our bodies and we dont know what it is. im on home videos when i wasnt even a year old and i was playing with it.i know for a fact i wasnt masterbating before i was a year old.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I really cant remember far back to when I was 3 whether I actually took any pleasure from rubbing myself against a pillow or something!. Maybe it never occured to me, or maybe I did the deed and have now clean forgotten about it. But reading all your replies about how early you started masturbating, and also reading about Miz Scarlet's Pre-K experiences (!), I got started on some serious thinking. This might be considered a bit off-topic here, but honestly, I never thought that kids at 3 would have any sexuality, and thus wouldnt gain any pleasure from any kind of stimulation. I know that when we are all around that age we supposedly want sexual pleasure just like we want food and drink, but is it really true or was it just an abstract Freudian theory?. I have read about the Oedipus/Electra complex and Penis Envy etc, and for the life of me, I cant understand HOW a 3 year old would understand or gain sexual pleasure in any way?. Do any of you mind explaining this to me please?!

Thanks!

------------------
"I'm no good at putting myself in other people's shoes, I'm too busy getting my own to fit." - A.D. (Adam Duritz)

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedCrayon
Neophyte
Member # 13390

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RedCrayon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say I first tried when I was about 5 or 6, I was in the bathtub. But my mom was always telling me that it was "icky" for girls to touch their "privates" so I didn't. Then when I was 11, I used my parents back massager and got my first orgasm on Christmas Eve. I overused the thing, because it was so old, but now I'm 15 and I'm pro at manually. Yep, that's my story on it.
Posts: 3 | From: Midwest, United States | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not the Doctor
Neophyte
Member # 13420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not the Doctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another guy here.

Well, having something sticking out of your crotch will probably make you feel curious enough to make you want to touch it in several ways when your alone, (almost) naked and bored, but that's not necessarily too pleasurable...
I had read a bit about masturbation in my early teens, but I didn't bother much about it - when I first tried it, I didn't know you needed an erection, so it just felt like an annoying waste of time.
However, one night when I was about 14, in bed yet unable to sleep, I started rubbing my foreskin around the head, even without an erection - for some reason I found myself persisting, and eventually it felt weird and the underwear got messy - fortunately it had all sorta dried up by the time I woke up.
From then on I persisted quite a few more times with that, and to this day it's something I handle in phases - there are periods of time when I do it about once a day, and others when I refrain from doing.

------------------
Tip for the ladies: cold showers help keep your breasts firm despite aging and breastfeeding, according to my mother.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChicaCherryCola
Activist
Member # 13459

Icon 12 posted      Profile for ChicaCherryCola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. . . I was 12!

I remember how the Playboy channel used to come in fuzzy! Thats how i started!

Posts: 64 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butterluck
Neophyte
Member # 13355

Icon 11 posted      Profile for butterluck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first started when I was like 8 years old. I first realized it when we had recess and I was climbing the pull-up bars when this tingly-feeling struck me. When I was 11, I found out what it was. I felt like a freak.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doe4youbaby2
Neophyte
Member # 5251

Icon 7 posted      Profile for doe4youbaby2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YEAH! MASTURBATION!!!
I think I started when I was about 5 I spent most of my time alone as a kid, and i think I did it quite a lot, But then I stopped until I was about 16 and discovered it all over again... a friend of mine hasnt done it for 2 years he wants to make it to three... good luck

Posts: 5 | From: nj | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.