Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Ouch!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ouch!
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got bored today, and decided to do some reading. I found this:
(Warning, not for anyone with a weak stomach. SERIOUSLY.)
History of psychosurgery

Mental disorders aren't much fun, but it used to be a lot worse!

Plus, it certainly makes prozac seem a lot tamer.

------------------
Friends don't let friends use pathetic Microsoft OO languages.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Divinity Sickness
Neophyte
Member # 2433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Divinity Sickness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you think thats sick.

look for a video on a labotomy being preformed. THAT is not for the weak stomach.

i watched one the other day. why you ask? because im a sick twisted individual.

but seriously...watch it. its cool

------------------
Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check three friends. If they're OK, you're it.

Posts: 16 | From: where nothings sacred | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this a pretty common procedure? Either that or I watch too much Chicago Hope.
Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lin-
do you know what a lobotomy is? it's when they remove part or all of the frontal lobe of the brain, which has the "highest," most complicated functions of any part of the brain, including many that we don't even understand, but which have important effects on behavior, memory, etc.

lobotomy used to be more common than it is now. that was before they had the kinds of drugs and psychological knowledge that have developed in the past 40 years.

(haha, my psych class is teaching me something!)

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know what it is hon.

As I said, I might just be watching too much Chicago Hope where it seems to be done alot. But I never knew that it was more common before.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.