Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Why?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why?
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering why so many people regret having sex? How come we can't think of it as a hard lesson learned. I guess I really wouldn't know because I've never had sex before but I did do alot of fooling around with a guy I didn't even know. We did it at least 8 differant times and finale when we stopped I did regret it alot. It made me feel awful but then my friend told me not to regret and just to think of it as an experiernce that I learned from. I thought about it for awhile and now I don't feel so bad about it. So why can't we just think of it like that?

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid Duane! :)

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I dont know that many people who regret haveing sex with the person(s) they were with. At that time you arent thinking about it, your living in the moment, (and thats what you should be doing). Not many people sit there and think when they are aroused 'hmmmm am I going to regret this or not?' You get what Im saying? I dont think people really do regret having sexual intercourse (or any kind of sex for that matter). I think people just say that because they are hurt by that person. You were with that person for a reason, why would you regret it?

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was very hurt by that person. He made it seem like he really cared about me. But now I know to be more careful. *sigh* darn juniors taking advantage of us little ol-freshmen sad thing is I know this guy did this to aleast 2 other fellow classmates.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid Duane! :)

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you were hurt, and believe me I know that feeling very well, cuz I dated a senior when I was a freshman...(nutty). But do you really regret doing what you did with him? I mean you cared a lot about him. Like I said you with a person for a reason, why would you regret it? It was special at the time.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

I did regret it at the time but now I just think of it as something I learned from. I guess I regreted it at the time because we weren't even dating. He just asked if I'd give him a hand job and like a dummy I said "ok" and we contued this for several more weeks. Now I have I'm dating someone very dear to me whom I care for alot. We've done some fooling around and I got alot better feeling from it then the other guy. I think I'd be better at do any sexual activity with someone I care for rather then someone I don't know.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

Watch out! I'm awful speller. *hehe*

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It really depends. From where I come from, virginity is a very big deal (losing your virginity as in having penis-in-vagina intercourse for the first time). So if the couple breaks up, the girl tends to feel that she gave away something very important to her and thus regret having sex.

I have never regretted having sex with my bf. It's a physical extension of our love. And honestly, I do not put a price on my virginity.

I guess girls (okay, those I know) like to think of sex as something you do when the relationship is very stable and something that happens when you love each other so much. When the relationship breaks down, they tend to feel cheated and they regret doing something so intimate with a guy who hurt them. (sorry about the generalisation guys but as I said, this is according to pple I know.)

Eh, don't think I am making sense anymore so going to stop. Buff, maybe people cannot think that way because they have made out sex or virginity to be a HUGE deal. NOt to say it means nothing to you but different people put different prices on sex. Some associate sex with love and that makes it even more difficult.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 12-30-2000).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.