Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Mutant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mutant?
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen a lot of post by people worried about what seem to me to be really minor issues.

For instance:
"My breasts are too small!"
"My penis is tiny!"

You know what really matters to me? The part that really concerns me?

All you mutants out there with detached earlobes and chins with no cleft!

Forget your boobs or your penis! There is something larger at stake! (Pardon the pun)

How can you be concerned about your penis being a half inch shorter than average when your chin doesn't have a cute little cleft in it?

How can you worry about your breasts being too small when you have to hide those hideous detached earlobes whenever you go out in public?

For Heavens sakes! If you're going to obsess over an imperfection, make it something that really matters!

[This thread was brought to you by the Concerned Literati for Intelligent Transformation Of Really Interesting Stuff]

Stick that acronym in your pipe and smoke it. ;p

------------------
Revile the faceless, silent masses;
For therein lies destruction of soul.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Genius ThisGuy, pure genius !

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
detached earlobes are a DOMINANT trait, and they are the generally accepted wild type. so thisguy, it seems that you are a mutant.

time to do a punnett square...

oh, and in eastern cultures, long DETACHED earlobes are a sign of luck and prosperity. me and my auspicious ears...

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeNT
Activist
Member # 852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thisguy
are you pondering what i am pondering?

Posts: 101 | From: truro cornwall england | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ha ha...funny....i have itty bitty boobies but i havn't really posted a topic on em'....i'm 34A and Damn proud of it!!! i make fun of myself before anyone else gets to it....so do u think we have any one w/ detached earlobes..hmmm??!!

------------------
* No man/woman is worth your tears and the
only one who is, will never make you cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you love someone, put their name in a
circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break,
but circles go on forever.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen
to what you say. Best friends listen to what you DON'T say.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If all my friends were to jump off a
bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the
bottom to catch them.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[This message has been edited by BabyAngel84 (edited 19 October 2000).]

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that's it . . .suicide! By slitting my earlobes. My blood is on your hands.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Detatched earlobes make you a mutant? Woohoo! Maybe now I have a chance with the dude that played Cyclops in X-Men...

Seriously though, it's weird, in my immediate family of 7, my son and I are the only ones with detatched earlobes. So sometimes it feels like we are. No cleft chins though...

Mutants unite!

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WhooHoo!!!I am a mutant!! Detached earlobs, a cute clef in my chin, AND I have morton's toe. Or whatever that is. My "big" toe is about half an inch shorter than the rest. Yay for me!!

------------------
After seven months without snow, desperation overrides common sense.

Snow is the worlds security blanket. It makes it serene, quiet and beautiful.

"Close your eyes for they see only the truth and the truth is not what you want to see."

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am no mutant!

I am of the One True People. Those with attached earlobes and cute cleft chins! ;p

I just felt like pointing out the fallacy inherent in obsessing over the size of your boobs, or whether you need a third leg in your pants. Or whether you were too fat, etc.

Prepare for the Cleansing, oh ye unholy ones of the detached earlobes! The time of reckoning is upon ye! I am the Angel of Death, yadda yadda yadda...*yawn*

I wonder what's on TV?

------------------
Revile the faceless, silent masses;
For therein lies destruction of soul.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have attached earlobes, but no cleft chin. What does that make me?

Good job ThisGuy on your mission to combat the evil body obsession!

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bettie, assuming that cleft chin and detached earlobes are genetically linked traits, that must make you a recombinant genotype and phenotype.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Want something MORE interesting from weird me! I have ONE attached earlobe and ONE detached earlobe, hehe. And I have a cleft chin, hmmm, what would that make me?? UNIQUE! Or a little touch of everything.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{

"It's a narrow margin, just room enough for regret, in the inch and a half between, "Hey, how ya been?" and "Can I kiss you yet?"

~Alisons Life~

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* Alas, my earlobes are still detached! No cleft in my chin either...
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My earlobes are attached, no chin cleft for me.

Woe is me...:P

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Detatched earlobes, and no cleft chin,,,, oh noooo
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ThisGuy:
All you mutants out there with detached earlobes and chins with no cleft!

You laugh, but as a graduating senior in college I was made fun of by my entire biology class, including the professor, for not having detached earlobes. Some people pointed at me and some wanted to move my hair so that they could see my "abnormal" earlobes better. I kid you not. Before that, I loved my cute little ears, but for several months afterwards I looked at my ears and wanted to magically be able to change them. Fortunately, I got over it.

:-\

[This message has been edited by Kite (edited 06-02-2002).]

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
forget about detached earlobes and cleft chins.... what about all those freaks out there with their second toe longer than their big toe???!!!

my sociology teacher brought this topic up in class one day. he said people with longer second toes have not completely evolved from their ancestors, the tree hangers!

of course, he was making the same point that this entire thread is about.

he also included a little story about the birth of his daughter. he said he was so worried she would have longer second toes like his wife. but when she was born, she actually had longer THIRD toes. but he said this was okay because it signified the evolution into creatures with FOUR HANDS. LOL.

anyway, i just thought i would throw that in. by the way, i have attached earlobes, so whoever posted last and said you were subject to scrutiny from your classmates, don't feel bad.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since posting doesn't always convey tone, I thought I'd clarify my last post. I didn't mean to complain about how I felt inadequate. I just wanted to point out how all of us here are enlightened enough to laugh about discriminating on the basis of earlobes, whereas some people will use any ammunition they can against people who are not like them.

Boy, do I always have long sentences. Anyway, I hope I made myself clearer.

[This message has been edited by Kite (edited 06-02-2002).]

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Action Annzy
Activist
Member # 7197

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Action Annzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My second toe is longer then my big toe. But they say it's a sign of a sprinter or someone that's good at athletics!....hmmm, hey I did win age champion this year at out athletics carnival...maybe my athletic abilities are evolving...or...maybe not..but ah well, I like my feet, and my toes!

If I could be a mutant, I'd be like Storm from X-Men..she was mad! Wish I could control the weather, it's bloody freezing here atm! brrr...

Posts: 57 | From: Down Under! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
funny, i was gonna post a thread about toes and feet, but Annzy beat me to it!

now that it's sandal season out here, i'm noticing that more people have feet shaped differently from me than ppl whose feet look similar to mine.

are there more ppl whose big toes are the longest, or are there more ppl whose second toes extend past their big toes?

My second and third toes stretch past my big toe. whenever I mention this, ppl tell me, "Your shoes must fit really well!" I never thought about this, but yeah, shoes usually are comfy for me.

It all goes along with different body types, and clothes being made for only one body type. Shoes are made for ppl like Anzzy and me, but what about everyone else? Are they to suffer bunions and ingrown nails???

------------------
Color is for crayons, not for people.

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have teeny tiny toes. My big toes, is the biggest. None of my other toes are longer. I have short toes, and i can wear a size 4 in shoes.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My second toe is slightly longer than my big toe, and my middle toe is about the same as my big toe. I have fairly wide, flat feet, so it can sometimes be difficult to find shoes that fit properly. However, when I do find shoes that fit, I'm generally fairly comfy in them, and as I'm not much of a shoe person anyway, it doesn't bother me.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apoc-chan
Neophyte
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apoc-chan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hey hey hey!!! What about us poor mutants who can curl our tongues?! Y'all better reco'nize.
Posts: 25 | From: Nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I can't really curl my tongue, in fact, i can't do much with my tongue. It's unusually short. My tongue web(sorry, dont know medical terms) is almost at the end of my tongue, so if i stick it out much past an inch to inch.5(heh) it starts to get cut on my teeth.

Am i the only mutant with a short tongue?

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attached earlobes and no cleft chin. What does that make me?

Plus, two oof my toes are webbed, the tops of my ears are malformed and my sinus tracks on my neck were open when I was born(I now have two pretty cool scars).

I do actually think I'm a mutant.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tongue curling is a dominant trait, too...

A cool little scientific example ensued when I found out my mum couldn't, but my dad could; so my brother and I have one curling gene and one non curling gene, heheh.

Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey now, what exactly is wrong with having detatched earlobes?
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

In one of his university textbooks, my father has a picture of a kid who could put three curls in his tongue, all next to each other. I always wished I could do that.

My whole family can curl their tongues, I think, and I can make this weird little dent in the left side of my tongue, but not the right.

SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well..what about us freaks who can flip our tounges over?? i can turn my tounge 360,does that count???

------------------
later rox.
shorter signature, yes?

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniLoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow! Some people here really are mutants! Just kidding! But I have no cleft chin, and detached earlobes, and as for my toes....my second toe is the same length as my pinky finger . as for my tounge, well, I can do some pretty amazing things with it, but I can't twist it 360 degrees....That's more talent than what I have!

------------------
~Who live in a pineapple under the sea?~

~ Jenni

Posts: 43 | From: Savannah, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.