Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » A Question for the female (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A Question for the female
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got mine when i was 14. i absolutely hate it. i dont give a damn if im a woman, i think bleeding like i do, and i having pms like is do is a price too high. and, its last for nine or ten days. total hell

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aphrodite
Neophyte
Member # 997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aphrodite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!
Heavy man! (hee hee hee hee)

LOL
Aphrodite

Posts: 17 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley_chick
Neophyte
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got mine when i was 12 and my best mate got hers the day after me. 2 of my best mates started on the same day as each other. one of my friends was 10 when she got hers and another was 13. it really annoys me when i have mine cos all my male friends go on at me for being moody and having a go at them but mine only last for 4 days at most and they have regular since the day they began. but on the down side i get the worst cramps in the world they are so bad they make me want to curl up and die!!!! but never mind

------------------
em***

Posts: 26 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine when I was 8 years and 9 months old it was horrible. I had medical resons for getting it so young anying it been a long time now I am 16 and 1 month old .
Btw Aphrodite are you a guy/gal if you are girl when did you get yours .
if you are a guy why are you sooo interested in this.

------------------
ThanX for answering.

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had just turned 12 when I got mine. I was kind of shocked when I got it and my mom didn't find out I had it until a few months later (I didn't want her telling all her friends her daughter was becoming a "woman").

I do like having my period now. Especially since I am trying to have a baby and I'm learning plenty of new things about how my body works every month. I think it's amazing! Although I could live without cramps and another ruined pair of panties.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
Alisons Life

"It's a narrow margin, just room enough for regret, in the inch and a half between, "Hey, how ya been?" and "Can I kiss you yet?"

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfNChic124
Neophyte
Member # 1153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SurfNChic124     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 15
Posts: 5 | From: Daytona Beach FL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine when I was 14 so i was in grade 8 and it was on Boxing Day so I always joke that it was my 'special christmas present'
hehehe
Mine lasts like 5 days and the only bad part is the cramps on the first day.

------------------
*~ Daisy ~*

"Cute is for puppies, Adorable is for me."

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 years old. And everyone in my class at school treated me like an alien!
But I had my moment of glory anyways

Weird to think my little sis is 8 now, and might not be far off (it runs in the family)..

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzhead29
Activist
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 14, and had to deal with people asking me, "You haven't yet? But your boobs are HUGE!!!!!" I can't stand it, I didn't even want to get it before I got it, all my friends were saying, "Oh, I want to get my period all ready" and I was saying, "You bleed for 5 days. Remind me of the good part again?" I'm always paranoid that I'm going to get it without me knowing, especially since my cycle hasn't evened out yet. Plus, I hang out with mostly guys a lot, and it's always wonderful to have boys go through your purse (as boys do, why??) and fling your tampons across the room because they won't touch them. (?) A GREAT tampon story- a friend of a friend of a friend was walking in NYC at night and got mugged. She pulled out what she thought was mace and started waving it around, and her attacker ran away. She looked down at her hand..........and it was an unused tampon.

------------------
"If you obey all the
rules you miss all the fun."
-Katherine Hepburn

"What if you slept, and
what if in your sleep you dreamed
and what if in your dreams you went
to heaven and there you plucked a
strange and beautiful flower, and
what if when you awoke you had the
flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"
-Samuel T. Coleridge

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, that story reminded me of a prank I played on a really nosey obnoxious boss I had once during a summer job where I was working doing secretarial work. The boss had a habit of being really bitchy and nasty about anything having to do with menstruation -- if any woman wasn't completely nice to him for any reason, she was "on the rag" and if any one of the women in the office had cramps or wasn't feeling well, he'd snarl "take some midol, stop whining." He was also prone to making lots of comments on people's personal appearance, et cetera. A lovely man, really

So one day I stuck an unused, wrapped tampon behind my ear like you would a pencil or pen and waited for him to say something. He was unusually quiet around me for *hours* until finally he came up to me and whispered, "Um, did you know you have a tampon stuck behind your ear?"

"Oh my GOD!" I gasped, plucking it from behind my ear and staring at it as if I were completely shocked, "What did I do with my PENCIL?!?"

He blanched, and stuttered, and ran away. Didn't talk to me for the rest of the week. It was a beautiful thing. All the rest of us got a good laugh out of it, and I still relish the memory of that idiot's expression!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hee!

My friend's younger sister, when she was little, stole my friend's box of tampons and was planting them around the local elementery school. When she and her accomplice got caught, they confessed that they thought they were dynamite because of the strings.

My friend still doesn't think it's funny, but I do.

------------------
PHILOSOPHY: Basically, this involves sitting in a room and deciding there
is no such thing as reality and then going to lunch. -- Dave Barry

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine when I was 13 My cycle isn't even but mine only last 3 or 4 days and I have no cramps, don't even know I have it. and on the rare occasion I get a little uncomfortable I take 1 advil and I feel absolutely normal. the only bad thing about it for me is its messy

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 30 September 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 30 September 2000).]

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 12. The first time it was only a day and a half, but from then on it would last anywhere from six to nine days, with cramping and stuff so severe I'd literally vomit every hour. Haven't had it in a year, and I don't miss it one bit.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daprincess
Neophyte
Member # 1474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

i got mine 2 monthes b4 i was 14 :P

------------------
~princess~

Posts: 7 | From: counrty of MOe | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got mine the 1st week of 8th grade - i was 13

[This message has been edited by michelle (edited 07-08-2001).]

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Michelle_Flutterfly*
Neophyte
Member # 1587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Michelle_Flutterfly*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative Nancy... I want to challange you, I have the worst Menstrual History...

Okay, here is my streak of bad luck. Okay, do you know how it feels to be the only one in your group of friends who hasn't started their period yet!?! If you don't, it sucks. Anyways, I was waiting for the day that it would come, I was always like why don't I have it yet, and everyone else does. So yeah, 8th grade passes, no period then, 2 months before my 15th birthday I got a little suprise... it came. So, you are probably thinking that I would be happy right!?! Wrong, it turns out that I got it the day before my first highschool gymnastics comptetion. I was sooo upset, like we can't wear shorts with our gymnastics suits so I was totally paraniod about the possibility of my pad being visable. Well, I made it throught the competition okay... then, I waited for this curse to go away... 5 days, stil had it... 25 days, STILL had it... well, I thought that my body just needed to get used to having it... but no, I bled 25 days a month for a year. I'm not tlaking spotting, I am talking HEAVY bleeding. So heavy that there would be days that I would have to leave school because I was afraid to move because the flow was soo disgustingly heavy... anways a year or so later, I ended up in the ER, I had been passing out, sleeping like 18 hours a day, felt dizzy, weak etc, etc, etc... turns out after blood tests that I was severly anemic... like my hemoglobin level should have been 120-140 and mine was 57. The donctor told my mom that if I had been an adult, I would have been in the hospital but, my body adapted to this shitty period behaviour as normal. Anyways, my doctor put me on loads of oral iron, and the Borth control pill to stop the bleeding, that is all that would stop it. I am doing better now... actually having normal periods... it's nice not to have to wear a pad 24/7 for like 5 weeks on end. I still have to be careful though, because I am not totally better, I am still anemic, I will be back to normal soon though. Another thing that I have to make sure is that I take my BC pills without forgetting any. This month, I forgot one, took it the next day but it was too late, I got my period in the middle of my cycle, not my cup of tea... just a little story of my hellish menstrual cycles...

Posts: 19 | From: Ontario Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not until i was about 14 i beleive.. i was in grade 8.. i was kinda late bloomer compared to the other girls in my classes

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine when I was 11 or 12 (gd. 6) I think it was before my birthday, I have it written down somewhere. I thought it was amazingly cool for the first few times, then reality hit...I was going to be bleeding for 5 days a month for 30 years!!! Do you know how long that is? I hate pads, and tampons. Everything is annoying. My parents did get me a necklace to memorialize the occasion (a crystal on a chain) and it was and is beautiful. If it weren't for being able to be pregnant I would see absolutely no point to the whole thing. Cramps are boring as is bleeding!
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breeze
Neophyte
Member # 1602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I got my period three months before I turned 16.

------------------

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in 5th grade so I guess I was 11.

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Twilight
Neophyte
Member # 1666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twilight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 10, I think.......................
I think I agree with those who say they like and love it.I mean our bodies are in time with the Goddess and that makes us special,
but It really wreaks havoc on our underwear drawers.....I've got two sets of underwear,
Black for when I'm on my menses and Pretty stuff for when I'm not.....
I wish guys had to deal with something like this I mean it really brings me down when I think of all the **** we deal with cause we're female and they don't.

------------------
Without love in a dream it will never come true

Posts: 18 | From: Valdosta,Ga,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeychick
Neophyte
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rizzo:
Well, I started a few weeks before my 13th birthday, but I kept it a secret for nine months. So my parents think I got it at 13. I learned about menstration when I was very young (I can remember educating a girl in grade 4 who said her mom "peed blood").
Anyway, I generally like having my period, especially now that I'm on the pill. It's a relief to know that I'm not pregnant. Also, the pill has taken away my cramps, so it's no hardship for me at all.

I feel good to know there's someone else hat has kept it a secert!!! I just got mine a week ago, and have been keeping a secert. Thanks, I feel better now! ;-)

Posts: 2 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitNight007
Activist
Member # 1902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitNight007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 10 years old, and had no clue what was happening just yet. my mom came in and i looked up at her and said "nature hass dealt me a terrible blow" and have loathed having my period ever since. i don't need the monthly reminder, i get the reminder that i'm female every day when i put on my bra.
Posts: 59 | From: Mountaintop | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy1985
Activist
Member # 1892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine when I was 11....It sucks big time, it's such a pain! Literally!
Posts: 64 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was 12. Hate it coz I get horrible cramps on the first 2 days. And I get PMS and flare up at everybody I love. and I hate myself so much after that. My ex was always on the receiving end and I used to feel so sorry for him.

Only thing I like about it is that me and my best frens all get it on the same day, well give or take a day or 2, so thats really cool.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel
Activist
Member # 1941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 15 years old and i still haven't had my period.
Posts: 64 | From: Long Island NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohh my g spot
Neophyte
Member # 1877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohh my g spot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine when I was fourteen....I am seventeen now. It sucked. I hated it. I've always used tampons, never pads. Mine come every 25-26 days...hmm. And I always get easily aroused during... =P My mom was 17 when she got hers...of course she was really really skinny and short then
Posts: 27 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 6, 1998. I was 12! (I have no idea why I remembered the date.)

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was 12 and 3/4, and the very next time I got it I was BACKPACKING WITH MY DAD!!! So I got to hike around the cascades with a bunch of toilet paper stuffed in my underwear and pretending to need to pee every other hour. It sucked, I've never been camping since. And it's more painful every month, the doctor keeps upping my dossage of painkillers, but it's not helping. I'm *thisclose* to seeing if the drug dealer who lives on the first floor of my dorm can hook me up with some morphine. I can't pay attention to lecture for the first day or so and it's hurt a test grade or two.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen a doctor momma cat? coz judging by what you said, your period pains seem worse than what's 'normal'.

severe period pains can be due to many medical problems. Endometreosis (spelling?) for example. I suggest you ask your doctor for a thorough checkup. In the meantime, you take care.

Oh...the camping sounded like a really bad experience. eeek.

------------------
When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her.
It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.

Mother Teresa

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kytynn
Neophyte
Member # 940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kytynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, who all hid the fact that they got their period when it first came? Why?
Posts: 6 | From: Washington, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Es Ee Ex E GYAL
Neophyte
Member # 2238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Es Ee Ex E GYAL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got mines right on new years nite 99 and i was 12!!!
Posts: 10 | From: Sanford,FL,US | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBelle
Neophyte
Member # 2286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a late bloomer....I got mine at 14 and a half...but I can't say I'm complaining, more time to enjoy being a kid!

I HATE it soo much though! Even though i'm used to it, i can't stand the inconveinence! (I spelled that wrong I think)

Posts: 16 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why, I kept praying for my period to come when I was little. I remember it came on this 6th grade field day when it was like all these major activities were going on. I think I just turned 12, but I was developed physically a while before that. It was scary hehe but now I only get it like twice a year. Hurray for insonsistant inconsistancies

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
12, but I hate them more than anything in the world at all even though I don't get period pains at all. Although I do get 28 day PMT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.