Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » wondering what girls or guys like? then *please read*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wondering what girls or guys like? then *please read*
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are always at least two topics per day about "what girls like" and "what guys like," as if gender alone decides your preferences. And the Sexperts and Mentors, and all the staff, always answer the same way: ALL PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT IN WHAT THEY PREFER!

I think the really fantastic thing in this case is that EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT PREFERENCES. Meaning, if you've got a decent personality (or even if you don't!), you are pretty sure to find someone who will like you and be attracted to you the way you are.

All the guys I've ever dated have been pale scrawny white geeks, and I happen to like 'em that way, personally. But my best friend won't even flirt with them if they're not cute and buff and tan.

There's always gotta be someone who has a thing for what you're like...That's what's great about people having different tastes and different personalities. Keep your minds open, people! ;]
~lemming

------------------
"...The premium work of They Might Be Giants is what we want people to pay for. Unless they can figure out some way to get it for free." ~John Linnell, of TMBG

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when my friends say, "Oh yer boyfriend isn't cute at all, what do you see in him!?" Well, if everyone like the EXACT same guy then only one girl would have a boyfriend, now isn't that true? No one believes it but looks dont' really matter to me. I've gone out with tall blonde, tan guys, and I've gone out with short, very white and freckly guys. Right now I like a chinese guy that is my height.

WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?
WHO CARES!?

it's a pet peeve of mine

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found that many times when girls put down your boyfriend, it is because they are jealous and may even want him themselves!

[This message has been edited by HotGrrl99 (edited July 22, 2000).]

Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 14 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lemming:
All the guys I've ever dated have been pale scrawny white geeks, and I happen to like 'em that way, personally. But my best friend won't even flirt with them if they're not cute and buff and tan.

A lady after my own heart
Nothing better than a scrawny white boy.. my current squeeze is 63kg (don't know what that is is lbs) and a little over 5'5", white as anything (works inside) and has the sweetest little biceps

entropie

------------------
***DISCLAIMER*** All advice received from me should be used at YOUR OWN RISK. I am in no way responsible for the advice that I give. I only give my opinions to the situation. It is up to you to do what you feel is the right thing.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Entropie! Cool! This is off-topic, but I started this topic, so here goes:

You live in NZ? My fondest dream is to go there for my honeymoon with whoever and run barefoot with the sheep!!!!! *smirks* Also, sidenote...Have you ever heard of the Mutton Birds?

And back on the topic...

Yeah, scrawny white geek-guys do tend to kick ***...Actually, a friend of mine last year had a shirt that said, laconically enough, "chicks dig scrawny pale guys"...

I need to order that shirt in bulk.
~laurel "I wish I was in Wellington" lemming

------------------
"I am walking out in the rain/and I am listening to the low moan of the dialtone again/and I am getting nowhere with you/and I can't let it go and I can't get through..."~Ani DiFranco, "Both Hands"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lemming:
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Entropie! Cool! This is off-topic, but I started this topic, so here goes:

You live in NZ? My fondest dream is to go there for my honeymoon with whoever and run barefoot with the sheep!!!!! *smirks* Also, sidenote...Have you ever heard of the Mutton Birds?

ah, c'mon, what Kiwi hasn't?? The Muttonbirds, world famous in New Zealand.. Did you know, that there are 6 sheep to every New Zealander? hehe we're so outnumbered!

I'm a proud Kiwi, I must say, and also very proud of my fascination with skinny white boys (I almost wish I had a pic of him to post here, you'd see what I mean!)

entropie

------------------
***DISCLAIMER*** All advice received from me should be used at YOUR OWN RISK. I am in no way responsible for the advice that I give. I only give my opinions to the situation. It is up to you to do what you feel is the right thing.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.