Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Relationships
  Long Distance Relationships

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Long Distance Relationships
catsmeow
Neophyte

posted 06-30-2003 12:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for catsmeow     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Me and my fiance have been together for 2 years, and I love him with all my heart. It is very hard to be away from him for a long time. He is in Oklahoma every week, all summer doing some work for his Uncle. I worry constantly about him, and I cry a whole lot. I only get to see him on the weekends. I miss him alot when he is gone, and i think he thinks that I am going to leave him b/c he is gone all the time. I was just wondering is there anyone else out there with a similar problem that can offer some kind of advice on what to do with the man? B/C I have already told him he is out of his mind........

IP: Logged

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 06-30-2003 01:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
gal, at least you and he are in the same time zone. call him, talk to him.

and reads these threads about ppl and their LDRs

LDR's (Long Distance Relationships) http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000483.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000580.html

------------------
mundi faece repletum

catsmeow
Neophyte

posted 06-30-2003 01:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for catsmeow     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

I do call him like every other day, but I live with my parents and they frown upon long distance calls. He has a cell phone, but it constantly cuts us off. Also a phone isn't the best thing. I write him e-mails but sometimes he is so damn busy that he hardly gets to read them. I just don't want his job to come between us.

Ecofem
Advocate

posted 06-30-2003 02:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ecofem     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How about handwritten letters sent by mail? They aren't as fast as email, but more personal, special, and wonderful to get and send! You can buy stationery, make your own paper, try to find the weirdest thing to write on (like a paper placemat from a restaurant)-- be as creative as you'd like. Definitely worth the 37 cents! While I don't have a significant other to write to and get letters from at this time, I really love and always look forward to sending and receiving notes to and from friends and family.

------------------
"Tear up the cloak of indifference that you have wrapped around your hearts! Make up your minds before it is too late!" ~Sophie Scholl

SunsetRedGirl
Neophyte

posted 06-30-2003 04:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SunsetRedGirl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well, I think long distance R-ships are fine. I know you must miss him alot. However, it's worth the wait if its mister right. I have nothing against distance in a relationship , because you know , you can see each other too much.

catsmeow
Neophyte

posted 07-01-2003 10:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for catsmeow     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I know its only for the summer, and we are going to college together in the fall so its not that bad, i guess i just blow things out of proportion sometimes. He is mister right, and I would wait forever for him. We love each other in every possible way. We have a great relationship. But i do agree that you can spend TOO much time together. I just get worried when he is so far away.

BruinDan
Activist

posted 07-01-2003 08:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BruinDan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catsmeow:
I just get worried when he is so far away.

Out of curiosity, what is it you worry about?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," FHOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen