Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Relationships
  Will it get out of control?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Will it get out of control?
up_up_away
Activist

posted 08-20-2002 08:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for up_up_away     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My boyfriend hits me often, but don't get me wrong we are 14 so it's a little immaturity involved. But sometimes it really hurts and leaves me almost ready to cry. I just want to know could this be a sign of seriousness in the future. I would not like to date a women beater.

IP: Logged

logic_grrl
Advocate

posted 08-20-2002 09:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for logic_grrl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Whoa - if a partner hits you at all, let alone "often", then I'd say it's pretty serious now.

"Immaturity" is an excuse for hitting in a 4-year-old, not a 14-year-old. And violence has no place in relationships. If you aren't even physically safe with someone, how can you trust them in any other way?

Unless he recognizes that he has a problem and is prepared to put some serious work into changing his behaviour, this isn't going to stop. In fact, from what's known about abusive partners, it's likely to get worse.

Check out this thread:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000396.html

confused333
Activist

posted 08-20-2002 09:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for confused333     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Even though you are only 14, doesn't mean that he has any right to hit you in a harmful way.

In your last post you were talking about how he disrespects you by saying stuff about other girls and now hitting you? I would say to get out of this relationship asap.

It probably will keep on getting worse down the road so I would say end it quickly. Nobody deserves to be hit and disrespected.

If for some reason you end it with him and he makes threats or anything you need to talk to a parent or someone right away. Good luck sweetie.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen