Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Relationships
  Girls what kinda guy do you like?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Girls what kinda guy do you like?
coopdogmb
Neophyte

posted 11-17-2001 05:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for coopdogmb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey I was just wondering what kinda guy you like.
Heres the types of guys I could think of Skateboard guy, the football jock, the always in trubble guy, the rich guy, the BMX/ mountain biker guy, good sport guy, the guy that doesn't seem to care about anything, the surfer dude, the guy that looks like a "cute" little kid, the weight lifter guy, the shy/humble guy, the guy that thinks hes he a million bucks.

Thats about all the types of guys I could think of but there are a lot more.
I think im the skater, biker, wight lifter, humble guy, but im also kinda the guy that knows too much about sex. Most of the girls seem to be scared of me because of that. Most of the guys at my school don't even know where or what the vigina is.

The type of guy I can't stand is the guys that walk arround like they are some heart throb teen movie actor, and always talk about asking a girl out, but they never have the guts.

So girls just say what type of guy U like or don't like. Guys say what kinda guy U are and what kinda guy you can't stand.

Great Site! Thanks!!!

IP: Logged

Star2be17
Activist

posted 11-17-2001 05:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Star2be17     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't like it when guys think they are God's gift to women. and i don't like it when they spend too much time/money on their clothes and hair.

I like a guy who can be himself, without acting too immature, at least around me. the ability to make me laugh is extremely important.

There really isn't any general "category" of guys that im attracted to, such as Skater, goth, jock, etc. but im rather fond of brown hair and blue/green eyes...

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Milke
Activist

posted 11-17-2001 05:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My ideal man does the laundry and dishes, is a decent conversationalist, ethical person, and all around good guy. Heck, my ideal woman'd be about the same, only with different anatomy. I don't care if my sweetie likes skateboards, sports, whatever, so long as I dig them.

And what's wrong about knwoing about sex? Everyone should know where the vagina is, ne?

------------------
In the past this information has been supressed, but now it can be told: Every man, woman, and mutant on this planet shall know the truth about de-evolution.

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 11-17-2001 07:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Star2be17:
I don't like it when guys think they are God's gift to women. and i don't like it when they spend too much time/money on their clothes and hair.

Exactly. Believe it or not, coopdog, girls aren't too fond of boys who are stuck on themselves. We (or most of us) like down-to-earth kinda guys, and we LOVE it when you will be honest and share your feelings with us. Don't act all macho, it won't impress us. Anyway....

Whenever I crush on someone, 90% of the time he wears Billabong and puka shell necklaces and has a surfboard in his arm. I like a guy with a nice tan. Ones who really catch my eye are the ones that wear sorta tight clothes. I like the Billabong look, and if it's not too overdone, Abercrombie looks sexy on 'em, too. One thing people think I'm weird for is that I love when guys shave their legs. It looks pretty gross whenever they have a big load of hair on 'em, so shave 'em, PLEASE! I like surfer guys, and that's about all I like. Once in a while I'll like someone who's a little bit preppy. Not being stereotypical, but one kind of dude you'll never catch me liking are skaters. Ugh!

Oh yeah, I was gonna post this topic, too. "Dream Mate"

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

"Only in America, where we can dream as big as we want to."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 11-17-2001 07:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Oh, yeah, one thing I stand strongly for is clean-cut boys! *holds up sign and does march* I HATE FACIAL HAIR!

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Only In Dreams
Activist

posted 11-17-2001 08:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Only In Dreams     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Coopdog, first of all, not every guy fits into those categories. And also, some guys prefer guys as well! Anyway, I'd have to say that I like a guy that I can talk to, debate with, likes reading and music, has a great sense of humor, isn't embarrassed by all the weird things I do, is very intelligent and intellectual, and cares about me. I tend to like brunettes with blue or green eyes that have an artistic streak to them. I can't really classify the type of guy that I am attracted to, because I have been attracted to several different types of boys in the past (LOL, I'm only 14, so that sounded a little weird!). Except for jocks. No offense, but I don't think I've ever liked the athletic type.

------------------
Limp Bizkit: Killing brain cells since 1997.

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 11-17-2001 08:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Coopdog, Only in Dreams is right. Oh yeah, Only in Dreams, I like your quote "Limp Bizkit- killing brain cells since 1997." And, oh yea, I too love brunette guys with blue eyes. Hey that rymes. Just thought I'd add that since everyone else has physical appearances listed, too. !

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Only In Dreams
Activist

posted 11-17-2001 10:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Only In Dreams     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
Coopdog, Only in Dreams is right. Oh yeah, Only in Dreams, I like your quote "Limp Bizkit- killing brain cells since 1997." And, oh yea, I too love brunette guys with blue eyes. Hey that rymes. Just thought I'd add that since everyone else has physical appearances listed, too. !

LOL, thanks. I thought I'd get some flack for that comment, but none so far. Anyway, I've always loved blue eyes. A crush I had in sixth grade had eyes the color of water in tropical areas. They were absolutely gorgeous! But I'm not picky; some guys I currently find attractive have brown or green eyes. I can't exactly pin down what I find attractive on a guy, because it varies. There's just a sort of feel or charm that I find attractive usually.

------------------

Milke
Activist

posted 11-17-2001 10:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The little man sitting on my lap right now has gorgeous yellow eyes, and when he looks at me with them, I want to melt. Of course, he is a kitten, but I really do think that everyone's got something beautiful about them, and what suits some people may not suit others. A yellow-eyed human might look strange, but my Moggie looks lovely with them, and brown eyes look great on some people too.

Celtic Daisy
Advocate

posted 11-18-2001 01:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Celtic Daisy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I really like the quieter guys. I'm into naturistic stuff, and bike riding, and photography, reading, writing, going to the park and camping and stuff like that, so i'd like someone like that too. I dont' really have any physical preferances, but i think that every single popular guy i've ever met seems like a jerk. (no offense to any popular guys or people who hang out with popular guys, these are just the ones i've met)

I don't like guys who drink, smoke, or do drugs, and try to act really stupid to impress people.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Alaska
Sexpert

posted 11-18-2001 01:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alaska     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
moving to relationships

Kasper
Activist

posted 11-18-2001 10:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kasper     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I always tend to go for te skater type guy. My current bf would be classified as a 'freak'. But I dont think he is. I like him just the way he is.

Lin
Activist

posted 11-18-2001 12:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
And in the midst of all this, it would be nice to remind everybody again that hey, not all girls like guys.

And not all guys like girls. As Milke and Only In Dreams have pointed out.

sapphirecat
Activist

posted 11-18-2001 05:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sapphirecat     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hm. I'm not on the list, really. I call myself a computer geek, but I don't have the sloppiness or scruffiness often associated with that. I worked in foodservice, so I understand (and act on the idea) that cleaning up is a lot more pleasant than putting it off. I don't fit into popular culture very well, because I find programming my computer to be far more fascinating and rewarding than watching TV or talking about sports.

I can't stand the jerks who have one thing on their mind. I can't stand the jocks who think their way of life is the only way to live, and that everyone else is inferior.

In girls, I don't like the airheads--whether they really are, or just acting that way to seem non-threatening.

When it all comes down to it, I like anyone who'll open their eyes enough to see who I am--anyone who will care to look at the reality beyond their misconceptions of me.

------------------
Sapphire Cat
You can love me or hate me, but it won't change who I am.

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 11-19-2001 10:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i like musically-inclined guys. accomplished musicians or just guys with good taste in music. i like guys who are relatively clean cut (well-groomed, good personal hygiene). and i definitely like guys who are on par with me intellectually. i haven't got the patience for dumb people who ask me to use smaller words. i like a rapier wit. i like ambition. i like good conversation. i like the nice ones. and for some reason, i seem to like capricorns.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

BJadeT
Activist

posted 11-20-2001 05:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BJadeT     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Physically I like rugby players (heehee) and skater-types. But I don't think that's really that important for someone I might have a relationship with, it's just who I look at in the street.
Personality wise, they have to be sensitive, funny, and mature. They also have to like olives-this is my little maturity test, you'd be surprised how often it works -and have strong beliefs about something, preferably that coincide with mine!

Buttercup
Neophyte

posted 11-20-2001 02:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Buttercup     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
One of the most important things in a guy is that it's someone I can actually talk to, someone I can connect with on a mental level, and the same goes for girls too, and a nice body is definitely a bonus... ;).
I have to admit, I'm a sucker for bright blue/green eyes, just today I saw this girl at my school with the most amazing bright green eyes... And then she disappeared... I spent the entire recess just trying to find her and her eyes, with no luck :(

------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.

Only In Dreams
Activist

posted 11-20-2001 07:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Only In Dreams     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
i like musically-inclined guys. accomplished musicians or just guys with good taste in music. i like guys who are relatively clean cut (well-groomed, good personal hygiene). and i definitely like guys who are on par with me intellectually. i haven't got the patience for dumb people who ask me to use smaller words. i like a rapier wit. i like ambition. i like good conversation. i like the nice ones. and for some reason, i seem to like capricorns.

Ooh, just about all of those things apply to a guy that would appeal to me. Except I have a thing for Libras (most of my close friends are Libras as well) and Pisces. According to Astrology, I'm a Leo and supposed to be attracted to Saggitarius' (Saggitari?) and I think Taurus. I have yet to be, although that could be due to the fact that I grew up with a male Saggitarius (my dad) and a male Taurus (BruinDan!) in the house.

------------------

Annie Juliet
Neophyte

posted 11-21-2001 01:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Annie Juliet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Every girl likes different things in a guy so of course there isn't a basic things girls like. Personally, though I like well rounded guys. Example... my boyfriend... he writes poems and stories etc... he plays guitar, he loves tennis, is a total skater (in the sense that he skates an aweful lot), always wears polo shirts, is absolutely in love with the Smashing Pumpkins (as well as me)does well academically, and is a black belt in karate. I love everything about him. I think in general, girls like guys that will be honest with them. Someone that they can freely talk to. Basically, someone that they can connect with...

C&CGurl_needsHELP
Neophyte

posted 11-21-2001 09:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for C&CGurl_needsHELP     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey there coopdog..what up? Well, I was just reading your post and got to thinking. Currently I like this guy and he is a mix between a skateboard guy and the guy that looks like a "cute" little kid. He is a freshman and I am a sophomore and he likes me, but he doesn't know I like him. I wish he knew, but he has a girlfriend in 8th grade. I am sad, cause he just moved. Well there ya go

sugarvaulter
Neophyte

posted 11-22-2001 07:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sugarvaulter     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
this is my first post EVER. :cD

well, i have dated a lot of different types. thew eird thing is, the type of guy i usually go after is not the type that i find myself happy with.

i tend to go after hot surfer guys who know how to have a good time and party, who are really sexually experienced and say the right things (even though they don't usually mean it), etc etc.... but the guys i have been happiest with are the ones i didn't give the time of day at first.

my best boyfriend ever was my best friend first, he had tons of friends and all, but never had a girlfriend before. he was muslim so he did not drink or do any drugs which was odd for me to be dating a guy who had MORALS! and i was his first kiss. not to mention he had an inner-dorkiness that i found quirky and adorable, and i could really RELATE to! i am glad he did not give up on me, because it took me awhile to realzie what an awesome person he was.

anyway, right now im back to the surfer-creep. but thats life.

<3gina

miss ashli
Activist

posted 11-25-2001 03:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for miss ashli     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I like skaters. and i liek guys with strong arms to wrap around me =)

------------------
*~*~*Ash*~*~*

Monroe
Neophyte

posted 11-25-2001 06:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Monroe     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

I don't think "my kind of guy" could be lumped into a labeled category with a multitude of other guys. In fact, he would be just the opposite; he would be unique.

I want to be treated with respect, and I like a guy who is a gentleman, and yet passionate as well. I want someone who is sentimental, yet at the same time is very masculine. My physical ideal would be the old standby "tall dark and handsome". I don't go for the lanky, little boy look or physique. I much prefer someone who looks like a man. Of course, that pales in comparison to personality.

I want someone as intelligent or more intelligent than myself, so I know they will always be one step ahead of the next guy . . . As far as romance goes, I want someone who is passionate, about life and about me. Above all, I want someone who will protect me, physically and emotionally, and love me in every way possible.

I guess I want the perfect guy.

babytasa69
Activist

posted 11-26-2001 02:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for babytasa69     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I totally agree with star2b17 i hate guyz like that they make so so angry lol i dont care wut my guy looks like i just love a man who is good to me and wont cheat on me and trusts me and i can trust him thats all i ask for in a man is that so hard? well theses days the little immature boys that i hang out with cant fulfil any of thoses things hehe but there are exceptions cant forget them!! =)

OoMEoO
Activist

posted 11-26-2001 11:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for OoMEoO     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love an attractive and sweet guy with muscles. Not a ton of muscles but ya know, enough. I also love a guy who always smells good....

Raindrop
Neophyte

posted 11-27-2001 07:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Raindrop     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It doesn't really matter to me, as long as he is caring.

[This message has been edited by Raindrop (edited 11-30-2001).]

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen