Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Relationships
  best pressie recieved from significant other ?? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   best pressie recieved from significant other ??
angelwiththescabbedwings
Activist

posted 05-07-2001 11:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for angelwiththescabbedwings     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
just broke up with my b/f ...

but just wondering what the best or most touching gift you guys have recieved from your b/f or g/f would be and why or what it meant to you.

(it was my b/f's birthday in a month and have been thinking 4 ages of what to buy him that would be special )

IP: Logged

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 05-08-2001 12:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
fluffy. he's our goldfish. fluffy says, "hi"

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

ash
Activist

posted 05-08-2001 06:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ash     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sticker pics of me and my b/f on my birthday
which is today!!!

aisha

hmm987
Neophyte

posted 05-08-2001 10:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for hmm987     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My boyfriend was always being goofy and he didn't have the money to get me a graduation gift last year. He knew that I love art and anything anyone makes for me, so he put his horrible artistic skills to use and got a floppy disk, spray painted it different colors, spray painted toothpicks and stuck them all over it for decoration, and then wrote on the back of it something sweet and funny. He put it on a chain made of safety pins as a necklace. He gave it to me partially as a joke, not expecting me to wear it of course, (it was one of the ugliest and dumbest things I've ever seen lol) but it was so nice that he took the time that I wore it all around while taking pictures after the ceremony.
Because it came from his imagination, it was better than anything else he ever bought me.

lostcat
Activist

posted 05-08-2001 03:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lostcat     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
my boyfriend made a huge painting for me. it's rather hard to describe, since most of his work is pretty abstract... it's orange, and has a bunch of dots in a line and a bunch of red in the middle.

it's beautiful, he gave it to me for my 19th birthday. we now have it hanging over the sofa at our apartment.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

SweetBeyond
Activist

posted 05-08-2001 03:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SweetBeyond     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The best present my beau has given me is about 6 poems (which he wrote himself). He's really un-artistic and is bad at getting emotions into writing, nevermind in rhyme scheme! One night, he took me to a parkinglot that overlooked the city, and started reading them to me. Oh, I was crying my eyes out..

LilBlueSmurf
Sexpert

posted 05-08-2001 04:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My pet rat

We're no longer together, but I still have her ... hehe

Lin
Activist

posted 05-09-2001 03:48 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
A cake he baked for me.Oor tried to, anyway. Because it was hard as a rock.

But he worked hard on it. My friends said he called them up all the time asking how to go about baking a cake. He even tried steaming it.

Alaska
Sexpert

posted 05-09-2001 01:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alaska     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think one of the best pressies I got from my partner was the first tape he ever made for me. I am a sucker for self-made tapes (no CDs, it has to be a tape), and my boy makes awesome tapes.

And he also gave me a ticket to a Gomez/Alex Lloyd concert, that was the best concert I ever went to.

And TimTams. I love TimTams.

I like all pressies my boy gets for me, because I know he takes his time to think about what I might like and always makes me happy, no matter how small the actual pressie is.

Lin
Activist

posted 05-10-2001 10:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey, I could get you Tim Tams too.

The dark chocolate ones.

------------------
Want More Lin?

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 05-10-2001 11:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The action figure of me my partner made for our anniversary last year.

Hard to top.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Lin
Activist

posted 05-10-2001 11:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
And our Miz Scarlet wins hands down.

Really, that action figurine is hard to beat.

------------------
Want More Lin?

Alaska
Sexpert

posted 05-10-2001 11:35 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alaska     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
oh...yes, that action figure rocks. Very very much.

And Linnie, I'd love you even more if you would get me TimTams.
"Can't buy me love" does not apply to me if someone gives me TimTams, especially the dark ones.

glitter695
Activist

posted 05-10-2001 01:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for glitter695     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The first thing that my boyfriend ever got me. Christmas of 99. He got me a gold bracelet with a little bit of silver in it. It is beautiful. I never take it off. I LOVE IT!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 05-10-2001 06:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm such a show-off.

Anyway, found some scans of the action figure and its package.

The back of the box isn't pg-rated, I'm afraid. C'est la vie.

(The guns are squirt guns, I promise)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 05-10-2001).]

skaterdansgirl469
Neophyte

posted 05-19-2001 11:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for skaterdansgirl469     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
what i was going to get my gf for his birthday was a gitaur book (cuz hes trying to learn) of his favorite band goldfinger, and i was going ot order an atougraphed shirt also goldfinger! but he doesnt know that im getting it yet so shhhhh!

------------------
sex is not the answer, yes is the answer, sex is the question!

ViCeVeRsA
Activist

posted 05-27-2001 03:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ViCeVeRsA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well hes always offering to buy me stuff! i never used 2 like things being bought 4 me or suprises, i think its coz i didnt know how 2 say thank you or i was scared i wouldnt like it. well, hes made me a mix tape, bought me an album i really wanted, saw a song that reminded me of him so bought it 4 me straight away, he treats me 2 mcdonalds everytime we go to the city, buys me sweets and drinks, and its my birthday coming up soon. he was gonna buy me a mobile but me and my mum thought it was 2 much. i cant get the phone ne more so i have no ide what hes buying me. he kinda let it slip that he was sending me flowers on the actully day tho. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

rambler
Activist

posted 06-07-2001 03:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rambler     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love the action figure! HEE!

The first time I went to visit my long-distance boyfriend (and best friend for 5 years), it was 4 days after my 18th birthday. When he picked me up from the airport we went out to the car and he handed me a box. He said "I love you," and I opened it and it was a stuffed penguin--a Tux stuffed animal. Tux is the symbol for Linux, which is an operating systems for PCs used by utter geeks. So of course it really only has significance between he and I, but it was just really sweet, because he thought hard about it and I was completely not expecting it and my little penguin is SO CUTE. I now call it "The Tommy Penguin," which is really cheesy (my boyfriend's name is Tom) and when we are not together I sleep with the penguin sometimes.

Oh and when it came in the mail it had a tear, and his mom sewed it up for me before he gave it to me. She is so cool.

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Angel07
Activist

posted 12-24-2002 10:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Angel07     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
heehee excitment! i get to post for the first time since 2001 on this.

hmmm i was given a poem about me which was very sweet from my ex.
and i got a box on knot tying that was quite hilarious because its just a joke between the friend and i about tying knots...long story.

cupcake
Activist

posted 12-25-2002 02:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cupcake     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
We're having our Christmas on Saturday, so I'll build up the excitement now....

I can't say what I got him though, cause he posts on here too! We shall see how it turns out

(at the very least, he's getting a stocking, cause he doesn't get one at home)

MarvellousPurple
Activist

posted 12-26-2002 03:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MarvellousPurple     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the christmas eve gift exchange with my partner almost put me in mind of 'the gift of the magi', except we got each other the same thing. fishnet.

magpie
Advocate

posted 12-26-2002 06:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for magpie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
A baton. For conducting a band. Sounds strange, but music is something we share and although he didn't say anything, giving me a baton showed me that he would always encourage me.

magpie

PS I apologize for my abscence. Computer problems + unplanned trip to grandparent's house=not a lot of posting on ST

missyj
Activist

posted 12-26-2002 11:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for missyj     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
For this Christmas + 1 year anniversary (next month), he gave me a gold ring with a heart and a diamond, it's beautiful. But whats more, he was tight on cash this year, so he sold his beloved paintball gun to get it for me. So sweet, and yet, I feel so bad!! Cause he loved that paintball gun thing so much and it was brand new...but it showed me how much he loves me. =)

------------------
Love is natural, and everything that goes with it. ;)

PuckerGurl
Neophyte

posted 12-31-2002 12:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PuckerGurl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i think it was a book of love poems and he had a book marker on the ones he thought of when he thought of me which he said was every minute of the day
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

dramacrazed
Neophyte

posted 01-01-2003 06:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dramacrazed     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well one day i got really sick and he actually was late to work just to come by my house with soup, one of my fave thick book, and a present. it was a single red rose attached to a red stuffed puppy dog (lito). that was the best gift it was soo touching that he came just bc he was worried.

------------------
minnie

Gussto
Neophyte

posted 01-07-2003 05:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gussto     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
at the beginning of december my girlfriend asked me what I wanted for Christmas and, jokingly, I told her I wanted a Porsche 911, my favorite car. Anyway, Christmas Day comes around and she gives me a small box, I open it and, low-and-behold, there is a tiny remote controlled Porsche

It is the most thoughtful present I have ever recieved.

star1120
Activist

posted 01-08-2003 08:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for star1120     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey hey I haven't been here in a LONG time! And I surprisingly still remember my password! Hooray!

I can't decide which gift was best, so there's three.
RYAN: we had a slight thing when we first met, but evolved into really good friends, so he wasn't really a Sig.Other... but he started making me a gift for graduation, but it took him a year to finish and gave it to me this past august right before I moved away to California. It's this amazing abstract colored pencil drawing. I love it.
BRAD: Was myboyfriend over the summer before I moved away, he found a titanium spork online and thought of me so he bought it for me. I love it. (I have a thing for sporks... www.angelfire.com/oh4/sporkforest will prove it.)
JAMIE: My new boy of just a few weeks. He took me to the airport when I was going home for Christmas and before I left, he gave me this little little cloth bag and inside was a silver chain necklace with a little silver star on it.(I love sporks AND stars!) I have yet to take it off.

Simple things make me happy. hehe

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

DarkChild717
Advocate

posted 01-08-2003 09:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DarkChild717     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have never recieved much of a material gift from my significant other. However, last Valentines Day was the first one ever that I had someone to share it with. He came over early in the morning, before school, and brought me a single dark red rose. I dried it, so that I could keep it for a long time. I really cherish the memory the rose represents.

I'm thinking he'll pay for my tattoo for my big 1-8 on Feb. 1. If mum okays it.

DiamondGirl2K
Activist

posted 01-08-2003 09:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love every gift my boyfriend buys me because I know it comes from the heart. No matter how small, it's the thought that counts.
But my favorite gift would have to be the Scooby Doo bank he got me for our one year anniversary. It is the cutest thing! I love Scooby Doo and was soooo happy he got it for me. I put all my money in there and forbid anyone to touch it without asking my permission. I bet he regrets giving it to me since he's the one forever supplying the change inside. !!

------------------
DiamondGirl
~N~
Boogie Black
9/27/01
Still Going Strong!!!
Forever and Always!!!

anna-marie
Neophyte

posted 01-10-2003 02:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for anna-marie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think my favorite would have to be last Christmas. My boyfriend gave me a beautiful silver bracelet he had made during an internship he did with a jewler. He's not a guy who is big on jewelery, so the fact that he put so much effort into this one really makes it special to me.

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 01-31-2005 08:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
aww, this thread is cute and deserves a bump so we can get some posts that aren't about abusive or dysfunctional relationships

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

DarkChild717
Advocate

posted 01-31-2005 11:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DarkChild717     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I never did get that tattoo. Here we are, with the big 2-0 right at midnight tonight.

Since then, however, I've received my diamond ring, which I count among my treasures, because I love the man that gave it to me.

00goddess
Activist

posted 02-01-2005 04:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for 00goddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Honestly, it would be hard to say. I've been with some pretty amazing people, most especially my current partner. I've gotten some really good presents and some lame ones.

He is so good to me, and what I like best about the presents he gives me is how perfect they all are. He really pays attention to what I care about, you know? The gifts he gets me are always something that I really wanted, or maybe something that I never expressed a want for, but that are right up my alley or related to my interests.

To me, the important thing about presents is that they tell me that the giver was thinking about me when I wasn't around. They don't have to be big or expensive.

misslane
Activist

posted 02-01-2005 01:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for misslane     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hands down the best thing i have gotten so far from a boyfriend is what my current one gave to me for x-mas: a warm, fuzzy, hello kitty blanket. its cold where we live and i plan on staying in the northeast for college, and i get cold easly so he wanted to give me something to keep me warm when he isn't with me. i also have a thing for hello kitty (he says i have 'hello kitty-dar', because everytime we go out if there is anything hello kitty i will spot it and head towards it ^.^)

we will see if he tops this for my 18th b-day in a week. ^.^

PuNkYeGg
Activist

posted 02-02-2005 12:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PuNkYeGg     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
lol my boyfriend is so generous, the first time we met he was putting money down a seat and i said dont waste it so he just gave me it, all his money, and when he came to my house he started putting money in my bank.lol. All the gifts es gave me have been special but the best was a silver chain with a heart in the middle, and plus a bare from Harrods (Mega factory in London) lol not showng off or anything. But he is only 14 :P

chicanu
Activist

posted 02-06-2005 03:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for chicanu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
on our first date he got me this little stuffed otter and a credit-card sized card (sorry for the repetition, but that's how it is) on which he wrote a sweet message. i've had other serious boyfriends before, but for him, i'm his first serious girlfriend, and he's quite an 'innocent', so for him to do something like that was a very cute and sweet thing. 'nuff said, i just thought that it meant so much more than other guys bringing me to a movie and dinner.

sleepyme
Activist

posted 02-06-2005 06:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyme     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My 18th birthday was a week ago and my boyfriend and my best friend got together and threw me a suprise party. My boyfriend even got my favorite local band to play there!

He also bought me a rice cooker, which is so cute in so many ways.

summergoddess
Activist

posted 02-06-2005 10:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for summergoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My three favorite gifts from my fiance, Isaiah whom I've been dating for almost 4 years now.. I got all three last year on our 3 year anniversary.
--Handmade video that sums up our 3 years together including favorite memories, spots, and etc. So romantic, so moving. I cried! I so love it! I watch it from time to time when i get in a mushy mood!
--A book that of 10 favorite memories of us together, and it was very detailed, emotional, and it was touching!
--getting engaged at the beach after sunset on our 3 year anniversary. I treasure and cherish my engagement ring so much! It's been almost a year since we got engaged! .

------------------
~Jules

Alex Nolastname
Activist

posted 02-17-2005 07:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Nolastname     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
you probibly wont notice this reply, since its at the bottom, but here it goes.

I think you should get him a very good smelling cologn for him, one that you would like on him and you think he would like,and maybe a ring or something small that he can always have on him, or even a poem of you'r feelings (doesnt have to be you'r in you'r words)...if you want him back then tell him you'r ture feelings.

faifai
Advocate

posted 02-18-2005 05:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for faifai     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The best present I got was a music box with a clear lid--you can see how it works through the lid! And it plays "A Time for Us" from the old old Romeo and Juliet movie. ::sigh::

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen