Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Relationships
  help i have a crush on someone!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   help i have a crush on someone!
PunkGirly16
Neophyte

posted 01-18-2001 03:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PunkGirly16     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well hmm im new here , and i need help, im 16, i havent had a boyfriend yet, and im sorta shy, so theres this guy in my science class and i really like him, im not sure if he likes me though, he smiles at me etc, but how can i get him to notice me or talk to me? please help

------------------
"Im punk its not in my veins to be liked"
your a fruitcake

IP: Logged

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 01-18-2001 03:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Crushes are so cool.

Well, you can just say hi. That's usually a great opening. But if that just makes you way too nervous, you could wave, eh?

On the other hand, if you like someone, it's probably safe to assume that in order to be close to them you'd talk to them now and then, so why not just take the plunge now and say hello?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

PunkGirly16
Neophyte

posted 01-18-2001 03:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PunkGirly16     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hmmm i think ill do that thanks

pink
Activist

posted 01-18-2001 07:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for pink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Eee! that sounds like me! I had a crush on the new guy in my class. I hadn't talked to him yet. So, one day he came to school with his hair dyed blue. Perfect Opportunity! I asked him what kind of dye he used, and we got into a discussion on hair dye.

Well, he turned out to be gay, so I can't date him. But even better, he's my best friend now. I love him to death, and we're inseperable >

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

StarryRedhead
Activist

posted 01-18-2001 09:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for StarryRedhead     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How exciting, new romance is so nice!

Everyone has great suggestions but I'll add a little something. Since he's in your science class there's always, "Hey, you're in my class, right? What's the homework tonight again?" Always used to work for me to break the ice a little. Maybe you'll even have some small talk, helps to give your talking skills a work out! And then eventually start having conversations. I know what it's like to be shy! Good luck!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"Oh you know how it is, wake up feeling blue, and everything that could be wrong is including you. Black clouds and rain and pain in your head, and all you want to do is stay in bed. But if you do that you'll be missing the world, because it doesn't stop turning whatever you heard."

Lin
Activist

posted 01-18-2001 10:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi sweetie, welcome to the boards.

Hi would be a great way to start or since you are in the same class, why not get his number and call him up and ask him about homework or about something your teacher talked about today.

It is always easier to start if you guys have something in common and if Science class is the only thing you guyss have in common, make use of it and use it as a stepping stone.

All the best hon. And I agree with Miz S. Crushes are incredibly cool and fun.

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 01-19-2001 12:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
am i the only one here who hates getting crushes??? whenever I get a crush on someone, i feel like beating my head against a wall. oh the frustration!!!

anyway, i'm with pink. look for some random excuse to start talking to the guy. ask him about the homework or something. if you have a lab activity, ask to borrow his graduated cylinder. whatever. it'll work.

oh, and pink, my guy did the same thing. he noticed my green hair and used that to start a conversation. we've been together 10 month and he turns 21 today parTEEEE!!!

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

PunkGirly16
Neophyte

posted 01-19-2001 03:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PunkGirly16     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
thanks all i feel like banging my head in the wall too when i have crushes but oh well, it keeps me busy, i would ask "hey did we have any homework" but we never have homework in that class! damn nation! lol

------------------
"Im punk its not in my veins to be liked"
your a fruitcake

glitter695
Activist

posted 01-19-2001 09:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for glitter695     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Awwwww isnt it sweet?

I think you should talk to him, thats the best way to get a relationship going. Get to know him better, what does he like to do, and yada yada yada. Write him notes, (I love doing that) I think its easier to say things in a note then in person because you can write easier than you can talk right?
That seems like a good start.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

maztec
Neophyte

posted 09-09-2004 06:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for maztec     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hi there im also new to the boards and ive got this crush on a girl. she studies the same subject as me but in a different time. the way i broke the ice is "Did you study for the test today". then she went on to ask what was in the test and we got into a conversation about the test... so yea maybe bring up something about the subject like "can you show me how to do the work we did in yesterdays lesson i dont understand it" or something like that

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen