Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Emergencies and Crises
  Friend wants to kill himself

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Friend wants to kill himself
~Pandora~
Neophyte

posted 10-17-2002 06:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~Pandora~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
please help me.
one of my good friends and ex boyfreinds is planning on killing himself. even the mere thought of it is very out of his character. therefore im afraid he is telling him the truth. he told me that slitting his wrists wasnt ideal, but perhaps he'd take a large amount of pils and drink some drain-o or perhaps even something else. i keep telling him i care and love him and he just says " yes, now ive really changed my whole outlook: one person cares" it just isnt enough. he also does not belive me. i love him to death and will be lost if he goes through with it. what hes doing is looking for an answer. seeking the key to the mystery of life. he wants to know the point. but hes only 16!! he thinks life is a dream and he wants to wake up. he thinks he will find the answer if he takes his life. hes lost and i dont know what to do. because ive been in the same situation many times. i am very depressed and have wanted to kill myself and have severe anxiety problems as well so i dont feel right lecturing him and i dont know who to turn to. and i know he just wants to throw it all back in my face. but if he kills himeself he could just be starting a chain reaction. please help me i dont want to lose him.

IP: Logged

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 10-17-2002 06:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
if you think he is serious about his claim, you will call his parents and the police NOW!

He might be mad at you for a little while, but that sure beats the alternative by a long shot.

------------------
"Things are only fragile till they break."

lemming
Advocate

posted 10-17-2002 09:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lemming     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
pandora,
to reiterate what Gumdrop said:

when someone who is contemplating suicide is making a plan, this is a Very Bad Sign. this is one of those signs that tells you that they aren't "crying for help" any more - they are *telling you* that they want to kill themselves and that they have the ability.

he probably isn't looking for you to convince him.

the ONLY thing that you can do at this point - and the thing which you need to do - is, as Gumdrop said, to call his parents and call the police now.

if he's dead, he can't be mad at you, but him being mad at you is a whole lot better than that.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen