Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Ask Scarleteen
  what happens when a guy pops your "cherry"?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   what happens when a guy pops your "cherry"?
kissmeinalltherightplaces
Neophyte

posted 01-02-2006 05:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kissmeinalltherightplaces     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i was looking through your guys sex talk and i couldn't find anything about popping your "cherry". my friends told me that when somebody pops your cherry there is alot of blood. is that true? is there any anyway to prevent that? what exactly does somebody have to do to pop their cherry?thanks so much!

IP: Logged

ErinK
Advocate

posted 01-02-2006 07:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ErinK     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
There's no such thing as a "cherry." Women don't have a fruit salad down there. That's why we don't talk about it, since we're giving you medically accurate information.

When people are talking about "popping a cherry" they're usually referring to tearing a hymen. Some women still have a partial hymen, which is "a thin membrane that was likely around the vaginal opening when you were born.

Most women are born with hymens, but the hymen doesn't usually completely cover the opening to the vagina." Most women's hymens wear away during normal activity, but some women find that they still have some left as they become sexually active, and sometimes during sexual activity (manual sex or penis-in-vagina intercourse) it can get torn and thus bleed. That's where the whole "popping the cherry" myth comes from.

Other times women bleed during first intercourse because they were not aroused enough and thus friction created small tears in their vaginal tissue, or because they were nicked with a fingernail during manual sex.

Some women bleed during their first intercourse; other women don't. Whether or not you bleed has nothing to do with whether you were a "virgin" when you first had penetrative intercourse. In fact, not bleeding is really a goal that you should be striving for.

To avoid it, we recommend that people take sexual activity slowly, that women be fully aroused before they have penetrative sex, that you use lots of condom-safe lube (and condoms), and that you stop if it hurts.

IP: Logged

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen