Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Ask Scarleteen
  Oral Sex - Swalling bad? And Possible Warts

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Oral Sex - Swalling bad? And Possible Warts
MercieR
Neophyte

posted 02-12-2003 09:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MercieR     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have gone against medical rules for a long time, since about the beginning of 9th grade (almost a junior now), and left my genital warts (self diagnosed) untreated, they have gone away, I just have a few small scarlike things, and 1 wart that just hangs around.

My girlfriend has given me oral sex, and I her, but she told me that when she swallows my cum, she says it makes her stomache hurt later. Is this a normal thing to happen? I figure it because semen isnt meant to be in the stomach and intenstines, but who knows.

Also, she has told me that she doesnt care about the warts, and doesnt really care if she gets them, because she loves me and will risk it. I dont agree with this, but I am not able to make her care. I have warned her that she can get cervix cancer, as well as the fact that if she does get warts, she will have them in and around her vagina, and that will cause it to burn when fluid runs over the warts, and that her lips will be less elastic.

Please tell me if any of my information is incorrect, and answer my question in an email and/or a reply on this forum.

Thank you,
MercieR

IP: Logged

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 02-12-2003 09:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I cannot possibly urge you enough not only to get treatment but to INSIST your partner and you use a condom. You can control that you know: you put it the heck on and say that's the rules. Why do you say this? if you need a reason, you say it's because you care about her. That's what a responsible person who DID care would do.

Your semen isn't going to be effected by HPV, nor can it transmit the virus (and semen in and of itself is perfectly digestible, but it can carry other infections -- just because you have HPV doesn't mean you can't get others, and if you've not been getting screened each year as part of your medical rebellion, you have no way of knowing). And warts going away doesn't mean the HPV is gone or non-transmissible. Nor that the warts are gone -- they can grow in your urethra you know, and eventually get so big you can find your urinary tract totally closed off and that, my friend, can be deadly. To boot, again, you can transmit and contract OTHER STIs, and walking around with one untreated STI makes you MORE likely to contract and carry others, immunologically speaking.

Cervical cancer can KILL. It can also impact her health very badly for the rest of her life and cost her loads in treatment and surgery, something she can't just blow off if it happens like you'be blown off treatment. She may love you all she wants, but do you want her around and healthy enough to continue doing so? If you love HER, you do. If she loves herself, she does. Come on.

So please: really, this post makes me want to cry and then yell and then cry some more. Please, please, get treatment for you. And get her to the GYN to start her annual pap smears and get treatment if SHE needs it (why do I have this funny feeling she's never had a GYN exam, either?). The majority of HPV cases do NOT show symptoms (wincluding visible warts) so for all you know, she's already got an untreated case herself. And for the love of Pete, please start practicing safer sex. Talking about loving each other loses a lot of mileage when you're seriously putting each other's health in danger, knowingly no less.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 02-12-2003).]

IP: Logged

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World