Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Village People
  Who the **** is Londongirl?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Who the **** is Londongirl?
Londongirl
Activist

posted 07-13-2004 01:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Londongirl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi, I've been posting here quite a lot, so I thought I'd post up some info about myself for anyone who is curious......

I'm a mature psychology student who is about to graduate. I am from London in the UK.

I started reading Scarleteen's pages for my own information. Then I got interested in other people's problems (spot the psych student, oh yeah), and one day I registered to try to help one of the younger users who was in a crisis. I figured that with an interest in psychology, some basic counselling skills, a knowledge of safer sex, 30+ years experience of living on this planet and time on my hands, maybe I could make myself useful. Since then I've tried to help out where I can. However no-one should regard me as having any kind of expert status, as I only have 30 hours counselling skills training, and a psychology degree here is just academic, not practical. And I'm not an official volunteer here, so anyting I post is my personal opinion, not Scarleteen's.

So now you know......

------------------
Londongirl
University Student (about to graduate - what to do now????????)

[This message has been edited by Londongirl (edited 02-07-2005).]

IP: Logged

aoooch
Neophyte

posted 08-25-2004 04:12 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for aoooch     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just found this site due to the post about safe suicide.

I'm also from London, an undergraduate student of Physics though.

I look to the internet in a way to find a reason for my lack of relationship.

I also am atttending regular counselling after a suicide attempt.

From reading your biog you seemed like someone who could be helpful to talk to.

Let me know if you get this,

Londongirl
Activist

posted 08-25-2004 07:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Londongirl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Aoooch

Nice to see a fellow Londoner on the boards. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling suicidal, well done for going to counselling.

I would prefer not to turn my biog thread into a discussion, so how about you post something you'd like to discuss or a biog in a thread of your own? (the relationships forum is usually more active than this one, so maybe post there, or to "support groups") You could post a link to it in this thread, then I and anyone else reading will know where to find your post.

I can't correspond with you personally as posting personal details here is prohibited for the protection of members, and in any case I don't give out my personal details on the web. Also, I am quite busy at the moment, so I'm not sure how much I will will be around on the boards, so it would be good for you to talk to others too. It's a friendly board, so don't be shy, others have been through the problems you are going through - if you do a board search you will also be able to find threads started by others on topics that interest you.

------------------
Londongirl
Mature Student in Psychology(About to graduate - what do I do now??) Read about me here

[This message has been edited by Londongirl (edited 08-25-2004).]

rockerboy
Neophyte

posted 02-07-2005 05:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rockerboy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You seem awesome, Londongirl. Thanks again for your reply to my post, the advice was completely invaluable and I will always remember it for my entire life... THANK YOU!!! Lol

Londongirl
Activist

posted 02-07-2005 05:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Londongirl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks for your thanks!

seff1011
Neophyte

posted 02-07-2005 05:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for seff1011     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
people suicide is frowned upon in the angelic realm.
you have been given a body to do work of light (serve humanity)dont waist it

lov seff

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen