Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Safer Sex & Birth Control
  Latex Gloves

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Latex Gloves
chrism12673417
Neophyte

posted 12-27-2001 11:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for chrism12673417     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Can anyone sugesst ways of introducing latex gloves to sex, i want to start haing manual sex with my girl friend but i have no idea how to start useing them, i think my girlfiend will see them as a turn off. Can anyone help?

IP: Logged

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 12-27-2001 01:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Get a stehoscope and play doctor.

I'm only partially kidding, because that is a way I introcued them into play with a reluctant partner once, and it worked really well.

Too, manual sex for women feels a WHOLE lot nicer with gloves, because it provides a nice, smooth surface. Really, given the choice between gloved and non-gloved manual sex -- even if there were NO risks present -- I'd pick using a glove, just because I like the way it feels better.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

chrism12673417
Neophyte

posted 12-27-2001 01:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for chrism12673417     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
is there any way i can persuade her? that it feels better as well as being safer?

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 12-27-2001 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Of course: ask her to try it with you once and find out.

I'll be plain: when it comes to sexual health, if you have a partner who isn't willing to try any reliable and safe safer sex method at least once, you might want to ask yourself if that partner is really ready to be sexually active.

Me? I find the idea of having a permanent sexual infection a far bigger "turn-off" than having some fun with a little latex. if being as safe as you can with what you do is a turn-off, I'd earnestly suggest you put the brakes on the sexual relationship until your partner is really ready to go about it responsibly. I just can never see it being wise or sane to jeapordizxe your health of your partner's because they're inflexible about something small and easy, if you follow me.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Lisa D
Activist

posted 01-03-2002 02:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lisa D     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Definitely! A long term STD can *really* put a cramp in your sex life!

Honestly, you might want to say something like," I've been reading a bit about safer sex, and I'd like to start by adding gloves to our safe sex kit .(you should have one, if you are sexually active) I also think you will really like how it feels. Can we try them together?" If she feels threatened by a totally casual approach such as that, I'm betting your partner isn't ready for sex.

BJadeT
Activist

posted 01-08-2002 03:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BJadeT     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Although I don't have any personal experience of this situation, I would guess it would be useful to have some information on hand as 'back-up' to what you're asking. For someone who has never heard about the risks of manual sex, they could interpret the suggestion of using gloves as similar to being asked to put on a PVC nurses outfit and brandish a leather whip (although that may well appeal to them of course! )

Maybe go over Safe Sound and Sexy together-let her see the benefits for herself so it's her informed choice as well as yours.

Good on you for deciding to take this step-you too can be one of the Scarleteen latex kings and queens (and what a lovely bunch they are )

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness-My new, improved Blog.

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 01-09-2002 08:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
my 2 ... offer them and tell her you're afraid of scratching her inside. and then try them out. i'm sure she's not going to object. some people might (unfortunately) freak out if you go in lecturing about STDs -- they (wrongly) think it kills the "mood." but if you give a reason that's not so dire, it might be less frightening to her. then afterwards, you can bring her over to ST, read some articles with her and talk about safer sex.

just an idea

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google