Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Sex Basics and Sexual Health
  Can u get pregnant from anal sex?!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Can u get pregnant from anal sex?!
CheeRinBaBe426
Neophyte

posted 11-29-2002 09:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CheeRinBaBe426     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ok well me and my boyfriend are alwayz FOOLIN around...but we've never been all the way b4..cuz we agreed to save ourselves when we get married..but we've dont mostly everything besides sex..so im askin can u get pregnant from doin anal sex? i like it when we do it..but im afraid after that his pre-cum had dripped or sumthin towards my vagina...and we use vaseline...and so that why im so wet down there or is it me from likin it or his pre-cum?I NEED TO KNOw

IP: Logged

ErinK
Advocate

posted 11-29-2002 10:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ErinK     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Anal sex carries some risk of pregnancy, because, as you correctly said, pre-ejaculate and ejaculate (come) can drip down from the anus into the vagina. Anal sex is also the one of the riskiest activities in terms of contracting and spreading STDs, which you can have and transmit even if you and your partner are virgins.

If you want to have anal sex safely, you and your partner should use condoms and condom-safe lubricant (such as KY Jelly, Astroglide, or other WATER-based lubricants) -- vaseline is a bad choice for use with condoms. This will help to reduce your risks for pregnancy and STDs.

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 11-29-2002 10:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CheeRinBaBe426:
can u get pregnant from doin anal sex? i like it when we do it..but im afraid after that his pre-cum had dripped or sumthin towards my vagina...and we use vaseline...and so that why im so wet down there or is it me from likin it or his pre-cum?

Whoa whoa whoa. DO NOT MIX VASELINE AND CONDOMS. EVER. SERIOUSLY. Since the vaseline is oil-based, it will break down the latex that the condom (that you should be using) is made of. Instead of using Vaseline to lubricate, use Astroglide (the prefered lube) or KY Jelly. It's waterbased and it will lubricate things, make them very comfy, and slippery.

Now for your question. YES, YOU CAN GET PREGNANT FROM ANAL SEX. The vagina and anus are very close together. Anytime semen comes in contact with your vulva (outter female genitals) you are at risk for pregnany and STDs.

Check out these links, for they include all of the info you need to know:

Pink Parts – Female Sexual Anatomy
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
Advice: Anal Sex
Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options
A Simple Condom Primer

------------------
Deegsy; ST advocate

"One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams."
-E. V. Lucas

truplayaforeal
Neophyte

posted 12-11-2002 04:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for truplayaforeal     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is a little off the subject. But I dont understand why you say that anal SEX isn't sex. I mean it's your choice but it just didnt really make since to me. I guess you're choice to save yourselves till marriage had nothing to do with religion or purity or anything just not getting pregnant?But now that you know that you still risk pregnancy and STDs with anal sex, you will remember to use a condum regardless of "what kind" it is.

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen