Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Site Help and Service
  no-no to smilies?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   no-no to smilies?
lilnerd
Activist

posted 06-21-2001 05:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lilnerd     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Miz S, do you not want us to use the smilies off the others boards/web? I was about to post something before and it said [IMG UBB OFF ... (it doesn't say that now though) Just wondering because I don't want to continue using them if you'd rather we didn't.

------------------
"Why worry about STD's? Public lice is so cute!"

IP: Logged

SlowCookie
Activist

posted 06-21-2001 10:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SlowCookie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
lilnerd, I believe it's okay to use smilies from other boards. Just as long as you don't cover your posts with them, we'll all be happy.

As for the IMG thing. I don't think it applies to smilies. We're just prohibited from posting pictures/images.

If I'm wrong, someone plase correct me. Thanks.

Alaska
Sexpert

posted 06-27-2001 08:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alaska     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
[IMG UBB off] Just means that the IMG tag in UBB code is disabled so that pictures can't be posted.

I don't know whether Heather personally has anything against using Smilies from other boards, but please be aware that what you are doing there is robbing someone else's probably costly bandwidth and hence poor netiquette.

If you want to use these other smilies, I'd recommend that you save them to your harddrive and then upload them to your own website and link to it there, so that the other UBB owner is not affected (apart from the copyright infringement of his or her possibly self-designed Smilies).

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

lilnerd
Activist

posted 06-27-2001 10:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lilnerd     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
OK, just curious if Miz Scarlet says this is okay?

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen