Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Site Help and Service
  I'm really confused!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I'm really confused!
CharmeD
Activist

posted 10-23-2000 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CharmeD     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
So wait let me get this straight. You can not become an advocate or a sexpert?! How about a mentor? what are mentors? I think that i'm really good in giving advice and i'm pretty sure that i know a couple of things about sex and other subjects. so i was wondering if i could help since i'd really like to.

IP: Logged

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 10-23-2000 02:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
As is stated in several threads at the boards, the titles here work as follows:

Sexpert: Our Adult Staff

Advocate: The moderators we choose, usually based on a minimum number of posts (generally around 50), general maturity level, previous help experience, the ability to follow the posting guidelines and help enforce them, the ability to use the board functions well, such as the search function, and a thorough knowledge of the basic information at the entire site.

Mentor: Those posters with more than 25 posts. This title is placed on a poster automatically by the system.

Neophyte: Any poster with less than 25 posts.

We appreciate everyone's help here, and anyone can help no matter what their board title. It isn't a title that creates respect, it is what you do here and who you are.

ThisGuy
Activist

posted 10-25-2000 07:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ThisGuy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Being a mod doesn't make a lot of difference. I think I've edited a whole two posts.

------------------
You vil vear ze condoms, or ve vil use ze hot pokers!

~jess~
Activist

posted 06-09-2002 08:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~jess~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
if a mentor is 25+ post and i have 98, then why am i only a activist?

------------------
i love matt
my world

[This message has been edited by ~jess~ (edited 06-09-2002).]

kythryne
Advocate

posted 06-09-2002 08:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kythryne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Because Activists are what Mentors used to be called. We renamed it a while back. Sorry for any confusion.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

~jess~
Activist

posted 06-09-2002 10:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~jess~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
thank you for clearing that up, it was difently confusing, i felt like i was maybe a "bad" user.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Celtic Daisy
Advocate

posted 06-09-2002 11:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Celtic Daisy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kythryne:
Because Activists are what Mentors used to be called. We renamed it a while back. Sorry for any confusion.

I think you mean mentors are what activists used to be called. Yes, confusion, hehe.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

kythryne
Advocate

posted 06-09-2002 11:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kythryne     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Drat... dyslexia strikes again! Thanks for catching that, Erin.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

DarkChild717
Advocate

posted 06-10-2002 04:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DarkChild717     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well, it made sense to me.

Latina Chik
Activist

posted 07-16-2003 12:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Latina Chik     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

So, I can't become an Advocate?? oh, I really want to help! And how do you get to write those articles?? Can anyone write them? I would LOVE to research and write one myself.

------------------

~Latina~

Milke
Activist

posted 07-16-2003 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Maybe.
But there are only so many Advo spots (I mean the boards will only allow us to have so many), and a lot more helpful posters than that. So, if you're a good, responsible poster, we'll appreciate you, and you'll be abl to help people whatever your title is. However, being a helpful poster also means being an original poster. If something's already been said in a thread, there's no need to repeat it. That's a mistake a lot of new posters tend to fall into, so this is just a wee warning.

And anyone can write and submit articles. Not all will be used, but we certainly appreciate the thought.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF, WAOTA

Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 07-16-2003).]

Insane
Activist

posted 11-30-2003 11:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Insane     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
And I thought it was simply once you reach a certain number of posts you magically become an advocate! Good to know! Besides 'activist' is a great title to have. I picture myself as a little computer person handing out little computer flyers (like people on the street do) in cyberspace!

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen