Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Orientation and Identity
  So happy...

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   So happy...
Clav
Activist

posted 04-28-2001 04:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Clav     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi everybody. This isn't really a 'question' post, more of a statement. I just wanted to say a big thanks to Miz S and everyone else here at scarleteen.
Why? A couple of nights ago I came out as bisexual to a couple of my friends at uni. I've been deliberating over this for ages (i think i did a post in august(?) about that). Anyway, it went better than I thought it possibly could. One of the friends I was with told me she was a lesbian, and that loads of our mutual friends knew about this (including the other person we were with) and none of them minded at all! Whcih is great, cos now I have a whole load of people who, if I decide to tell at some point, i know won't mind and that takes *a lot* of worry off my mind.
I know it's rather long winded story, but I just wanted to say thanks to eveyone here. I might not have made that many posts, but i've read loads of the ones other people have made, and I think that doing that (+articles here) have really helped me come to terms wiht who am i quicker than otherwise. I'm only out to two people, but it's a huge step (as many here will know, i'm sure) for me to have made
So keep up the good work...

Calvin
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)

IP: Logged

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 04-28-2001 04:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
(drumroll please!)

Welcome to the world outside the closet, Clav!

And I'm so glad it went well.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Laughs_Wisely
Activist

posted 04-28-2001 04:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congrats, Clav! It's great to hear your friends were okay about it.

Mary
Activist

posted 04-28-2001 11:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mary     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yay!!!!!! Clav, I think that's wonderful! I know how hard it is to come out of the closet. You've got guts! I hope life outside of the closet treats you well. It seems you have some great friends, too. Take care!

~Mary

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

Lin
Activist

posted 04-29-2001 09:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hope you didn't trip on the laundry on your way out.

Good for you hon and we are all happy for you too. *whistles and jumps around*

Clav
Activist

posted 04-29-2001 10:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Clav     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey, thanks for the great replies everybody. Thats why i love this site...

Calvin
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science" (Albert Einstein)

Alaska
Sexpert

posted 05-02-2001 12:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alaska     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yay, Clav!

I know I am late but I still wanted to join in with the well-wishing. Am very happy for you.

------------------
"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Starry Night
Activist

posted 05-02-2001 05:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Starry Night     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Congratulations. It makes me so happy when people can just be open about who they are, no matter who they are.
Wishing you the best.

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47e

Google
Search Scarleteen