Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards

Those darned little ingrowns

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Those darned little ingrowns
crazy_sexy_cool
Neophyte

posted 06-27-2003 04:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for crazy_sexy_cool     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I searched for any past posts on ingrowns and all I found were messages about how to deal with them once they've occured, but none were tips of how to prevent them in the first place!

So maybe this discussion can be of everyone's tips on how to prevent those nasty little buggers in the first place..

I found that as everyone says, soaking in hot water first works best.. I also read somewhere that using conditioner rather than soap works well, I've been doing that lately a lot.. also I dip the razor in hot hot water to clean it off (I don't know if the temperature of the water has any effect but my dad does it when he shaves his face).

After shaving I apply surgical spirit; which stings crazily.. but it works for me.

I just bought Gillette women's shaving cream todya and some Aloe Vera lotion, which I'll use next time.. I'll post my results up if people are interested.

------------------
..discipline without freedom is tyranny, freedom without discipline is chaos..

IP: Logged

lemming
Advocate

posted 06-27-2003 09:01 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for lemming     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Exfoliating regularly, and if you shave, definitely before shaving, can prevent 'em and take care of any hairs trying to in-grow. I love those little scratchy glovey things, or a good loofah.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

Fools in love, they think they're heroes/'Cause they get to feel more pain/I say fools in love are zeroes/I should know because this fool's in love again..." - Joe Jackson

IP: Logged

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2001 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c