Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards

What's Your Favourite Part? con't (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   What's Your Favourite Part? con't
Milke
Activist

posted 08-09-2002 01:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000502.html
. . . Was a long-running and really awesome thread on what we all like about bodies, that had to be close for excessive length. Any posts on positive body-image are a great thing, and something we really need to have around. So, let's start it up again.

What's your favourite part of your body? Why do you like it? Share!

------------------
You're the one I adore
You're my C64

IP: Logged

*stardust8717*
Neophyte

posted 08-09-2002 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for *stardust8717*     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I am finally going to let myself think about this!

Okay, I love my eyes, they're kinda small, but they're really, really dark. I've been told that they looks mysterious. Mixed with the right make up they make me sparkle and dazzle!
My hair! It's long, thick, and curly. It's color is dark blonde/light brown. All my friends love playing with it.
My hands are pretty. And my nails are always long and perfectly filed and painted.
Since I play a lot of sports, and I lift weights almost everyday, my whole body is very muscular. I get so many compliments about it...expecially my arms. I have pumped biceps, triceps, the whole works.
My teeth are almost perfect. I've never needed braces, and they are straighter than most people's who have had braces. They're straight, and always white, always clean.
I have a cute nose. At least that's what my b/f says. He loves to kiss it.
I love the way my lips aren't too big, but also not too small.
The shape of my face is cool. It's kinda heart shaped. My big sister is the same way.

Wow, for someone who constantly complains, hates, and fights her body...this make me look at me with a new light. Maybe I'm perfect just the way God made me. Maybe...

[edited cuz I'm a ditz who can't spell]

Ali

[This message has been edited by *stardust8717* (edited 08-09-2002).]

OoMEoO
Activist

posted 08-09-2002 06:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for OoMEoO     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I looove my soft skin ...and my lips, and my feet, my hands, my eyes, my nose, my cheeks, my neck, my lower back, my shape, my abdominals, my legs. I'm pretty happy with myself. There are some things I nag about, but I love myself. People have said I'm really beautiful, and dammit, I believe it!!

starlight23
Activist

posted 08-09-2002 10:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for starlight23     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ok well, i never used to say i liked anything about myself...part because i thought other people were prettier and such...but my totally-awesome-wicked-supportive b/f, HATES when i say anything bad about myself. he actually made me list off the things i like about myself, both physically and otherwise. so ok, here's a few of the things i was 'forced' to say i like about myself. lol.
i love my eyes. they're this really pretty blue color...and i just love them. at my senior pictures the photographer wouldn't shut up about them. lol. i love my hair. (even though i almost killed it by getting blonde highlights last year...sad thing...) but now that its grown in, i just love it. its soft and the light brown i just love. i like my smile alot too. its kind of crooked, but i like it. and when i smile really big or laugh, my eyes get crinkly and stuff, haha. oh, and my cheeks always have this red tint to them, like i've always spent the day outside in the sun, even when i've been like, sleeping all day. (only time they dont is when i'm sick).

badly_behaved_badger
Activist

posted 08-11-2002 01:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love my eyebrows. How many people can admit to saying that, eh? They're really long and I can wiggle them around (great party trick)

I like my feet. For practical reasons more than anything - they carry me around all day!

But first prize goes to my brain. Thats what makes me who I am after all! Couldn't live without it. Its got a pretty wicked sense of humour too!

Fab thread! *Badger*

------------------
Philosophers wonder whether the fridge light stays on when the door is closed; fridges wonder whether philosophers still talk rubbish when they take off their corduroy jackets.

MorphineAngel
Neophyte

posted 08-12-2002 02:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for MorphineAngel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love my eyes and lips. My eyes are exotic looking and my lips, in my belief, are the PERFECT size, something many women PAY for. But then again, I just love my face. Does that make me an egomaniac? Conceited? I don't think so....I think self confidence is key if you expect to be loved by others.....

....and did I mention I have cute feet?

And also, although it isn't something PHYSICAL about me, I love my mind most of all I love being witty and (what some people would call) a bit "odd"...

------------------
It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye...
Then it's fun and games you can't see.

lavendar71
Neophyte

posted 08-12-2002 02:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lavendar71     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hmm, I'm making myself do this, for a kinda self-esteem thing. heehee, but here goes:
*I like my eyes, as most girls do, they are primarily blue, but can appear green, gray, or any combination of the three, depending on the day.
*My skin, which I have been noticing latley, is really quite soft.
*And my feet...They're cute, right Josh?
*My body shape-I like my proportions... And, more recently, my (small...but getting there!) arm muscles.
*I like my lips, the color and size, and their softness. And what goes with that, I supose, is my smile...

Guess that's about it~And I agree with you guys, this is a great thread.

------------------
Lavendar Babe

jessakuh
Activist

posted 08-12-2002 06:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jessakuh     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i love my blue eyes, my legs,my skin and my lips, i also love my mind and personality =]

Mad_Larkins
Neophyte

posted 08-12-2002 06:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mad_Larkins     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I Like my Eyebrows i can make girls giggle and freak people out with them *Grins* I think some girls like me raising and lowering them to for some reason =*) So Confusing"!

~You*Know*Who~
Activist

posted 08-13-2002 10:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I like my eyes, they're BIG and dark brown. I get compliments on them occationally, and I love them.

Also, I like my Breasts. Not to sound perverted. And I am strait and like guys. I think they are a great asset. They're not to big or too small. They're a medium-big B cup, and are perky enough, where I dont need to wear a bra.

Zanney
Activist

posted 08-13-2002 10:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Zanney     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ~You*Know*Who~:
Also, I like my Breasts. Not to sound perverted.

There is nothing wrong or perverted about liking and being confident with a part of your body. In fact, there is a lot that is RIGHT with it.

Personally, my favorite part is my eyes. They're really, really blue and sparkly, so I like that. And I'd have to say my skin. I've been blessed with my mother's problem-free skin, so I have always been fortunate to have a clear face. I'm grateful for that, and quite happy about it.

Rose-Zanney

mistress_monkey
Activist

posted 08-13-2002 10:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mistress_monkey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i really like my whole face, pretty much. my eyes are huge (like, anime style) and blue. my nose is one of those tiny princess ones. my lips are pretty full, and my teeth had a slight gap between the front upper two, giving a kind of endearing affect. my bottom canines are kinda pointy, so i think thats pretty cute.

all in all, i look kinda like a faerie

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

"Faeries are only friendly until you steal their magical amulet."

"In retrospect, I guess we resorted to cannibalism a bit early."

GaiaTheorist
Neophyte

posted 08-13-2002 11:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for GaiaTheorist     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My favorite part of me is my smile. It's one of those big, bright uninhibited smiles- the kind that get your attention. No matter how stupid or ugly or sleepy I look, when I smile I look great.

------------------
Scherezade

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 08-14-2002).]

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 08-28-2002 05:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
All in all, I'd have to say my favorite body part would be my eyes.

I always get compliments on them. On geometry the other day my friend told my other friend how pretty my eyes were, and then this boy was trying to look.

They're brown with green; hazel. And very interesting. Some people's eyes are solid, but mine are very pattern-y.

I really do believe a person's eyes are a window to their soul. It's true for me, anyways.

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-- Winnie The Pooh

Olive
Activist

posted 08-28-2002 06:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Olive     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mine too, Daydreamer! rock on, mine are very pretty. I have like 8 pointy teeth, I like them. When I'm in the sun, my eyes seem to shine and they look like sunflowers...so I kinda have to love them.

freakedout
Activist

posted 08-29-2002 04:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for freakedout     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Wow, i never really had to think about it! I don't know, because i always thought other girls were prettier than me...(like everyone i know!) anyway...lemme think:
1.My smile -- minus the braces (only a few more months!)
2.This isn't really a physical thing, but my voice...it's cool...
3.my stomach...it's so smooth! (to me anyway)
Any more? Maybe i'll think of them later...

"there's no such thing as no chance."

Monosyllabic Girl
Neophyte

posted 08-30-2002 04:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Monosyllabic Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I can't say I love anything about me! Sure I'm not ugly or unlpeasant to be around, but I'm just... me.

SuitableBoy
Neophyte

posted 08-30-2002 06:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SuitableBoy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is my first post, and seems like a good place to start!
Things that I like about myself are:
- My eyes, they're blue, and I just like them.
- Breasts, not too big, not too small, just nicely in proportion to the rest of my body
- Stomach - it's been well tanned this summer, and is kind of toned but it's still a little curvy.
- Hips. I like having hips, and looking girly

In fact, I like my general figure, it's not too slim, or too big. I have curves, and I'm proud of them!

------------------
"I want you to want me"

jayde
Neophyte

posted 09-01-2002 05:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jayde     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love my blonde hair. I always wanted long, wavy hair as a child, because it used to be short and straight. Weird thing is, it GREW that way!
I also love my eyes, because they change colors all the time. They can be anywhere from light brown, to lime green, to purple!
I love my breasts, because they're soft yet firm, and they're large, but not too large; just enough for other girls to envy me. :P!
I love my hips and my smooth (yet EXTREMELY pale) skin, and my long nails that I've worked so hard to finally stop biting. I love my feet, because they're small and the nails are just pretty.
I love my eyelashes, because unlike most of my hair on my body, are completely black.
I love my bum, because it looks so good in anything I put it in ^.^, it is very versatile!
I love my hands because they're thin and soft, and because I can squeeze my hunny's cute butt with them! ^^ Teehee.

Most of all, I love my whole body, because I am unique and beautiful. It has taken me forever to learn this, and I am just now starting to believe that I am beautiful and that I am worth it. Every girl is beautiful in their own way. Be you, and love it, and the joys of the world shall be revealed to you.

Ssexxigurl18
Activist

posted 09-02-2002 12:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ssexxigurl18     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Okay first off I want to say though some people may call me conceited I do think I am very attractive! I absolutely love my long blonde hair!I also like my pretty dark and soulful eyes!I am mostly happy with my whole body actually...and that is a very good thing!

WinterMoon
Neophyte

posted 09-10-2002 08:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for WinterMoon     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love my feet. I'm a ballet and jazz dancer, so my feet are really busted up from my pointe shoes, and not the prettiest things in the world. But I love them because they look all gnarly and worn. It shows how much I dance, and how devoted to it I am.

I also love that I look like my mother. She was a truly beautiful woman, physically and emotionally, and when people see her likeness in me, I walk on air for the rest of the day.

------------------
**Please, please, please, keep your signatures no longer than about five lines!**

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 10-05-2002).]

vball girl12
Activist

posted 09-10-2002 09:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for vball girl12     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'd have to say my favorite part of my body is my eyes. They're just a clear shade of blue, but everyone who knows me says that they can tell what I'm thinking or feeling by just looking at my eyes. But I just think they're beautiful, and whenever I wear make-up (rarely now), I try to play up my eyes.

I also love my hair and smile. My hair's just chin-length and blonde, but cut in the exact way that suits me, and it's very easy to take care of also, which is a plus seeing as I'm a time-strapped college student. I love my smile because it comes so easily to me...I'm always smiling, and whenever I meet someone new, that's the first thing I do is smile at them. It's involuntary--I don't even know I'm smiling, but I do, and it seems to help me make friends.

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 09-10-2002 09:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You all sound so very beautiful.

------------------
That's Mrs. Rivers Cuomo to you. :)

MrLucky
Neophyte

posted 09-10-2002 10:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MrLucky     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
And you, Daydreamer? Surely you must fancy yourself in some way or another, hmm?

Blue Roses
Activist

posted 09-13-2002 06:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Roses     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"I can't say I love anything about me! Sure I'm not ugly or unlpeasant to be around, but I'm just... me."

I agree with you there...though I do like my hands, as they are skinny and knobbly and useful for playing violin with. (people with thicker fingers have trouble) My eyes have been described by someone as having a "deep chocolate" hue, though I've never been especially fond of them. I do like my eyelashes, though, as I will never have to wear mascara I like my hair very much when it behaves...I like my feet, since I can pick up things with my toes And I like my shape in general...I'm skinny, but with just enough curve to be identified as female And finally, I am rather attatched to my collection of scars left from heart surgery I underwent as an infant...I think they make me unique, and the one on my chest sets off my breasts rather nicely

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 09-13-2002 07:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrLucky:
And you, Daydreamer? Surely you must fancy yourself in some way or another, hmm?

I posted here already!

But if you want more, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post a wee bit more about the things I love about myself!

My Mom told me that I have "cow eyes." Then she said it was good! Anyway, I like a lot about myself. My eyes, my smile, my calves (they'll be better once they're toned), my confidence, my optimism, my brain, my assertiveness, my boldness, and my ability to get up in front of my class and NOT be nervous! I like performing hehe.

I can't think of more right now. Eeep! Now I sound totally self-centered.

------------------
That's Mrs. Rivers Cuomo to you. :)

marty
Neophyte

posted 09-18-2002 05:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for marty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hmmm, well I dont think I've ever really thought about it.

Theres not really much about me, like my face or my eyes, that I like, but I guess I like being "lanky" for want of a better word

I like being tall, it dosnt make me feel "big" I just like it *Shrugs* and having thin arms and fingers. Sometimes I just sit and follow my veins around.

TifaStrife
Activist

posted 09-18-2002 09:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TifaStrife     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Let's see, this is harder than what I DON'T like, lemme say that.

I like my hair. It's very nice to me most of the time. My dad's a professional hairstylist and he just recently gave me this haircut and color that I love! But I've loved my hair before that. It's very healthy, shiny, strong, long (fast growing!) and smooth, and people often compliment me on my hair. Of course, I'm a total klutz when it comes to styling it, but I get help from my whole family (even my 11 y/o sister!)

I like my nose. It's just an average nose! Not big, not small, just there. I guess I'm glad it isn't weird or anything.

I like my freckles. They're small, light, and subtle and just kind of sprinkled across the tops of my cheeks and nose. They're really nice.

I like my boobs. They're natural, perky and round. And big. Actually that can kind of be a pain when shopping for clothes because they're a little out of proportion with the rest of my body. But that's my beef with clothing, not my body.

I like my hourglass figure. I can certainly stand to use quite a bit of weight (and I don't mean that in the "stick-thin girl saying oh i'm so fat" way, I'm 5'4" 160 lbs.) But still, my waist is quite thin for my weight and I think that even when I lose weight I'll still have some of that proportion.

I like my shoulders. They're sturdy and strong and usually soaking wet from the tears people have cried on them.

Okay that's it.

inkie
Neophyte

posted 09-25-2002 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for inkie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Let's see here. I love my brain because it hepls me to be who I am. It helps me make all those crafty little comebacks to fake insults when me and my friends are goofing off. I love my shoulders because they are so broad (I have my daddy's shoulder). I love my eyes becasue they are really brown and deep looking. I love my breasts because they will have the ability to nurse babies when I become a mother. I love the little mole on my stomach. I love the strecthmarks on my tummy because they add color to me. I love my legs because they take me everywhere. I love the scars on my knees because they remind me what I have been through, how much of a klutz I am and that I can survive eight months on crutches. I love my feet becuase they help keep me standing.

Kudos to whoever thought this up because I have never really thought about how much I love myself! Abbie

P.S. I love my smile too because it shows how happy I am.

CountryGirl3
Activist

posted 09-26-2002 10:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CountryGirl3     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What do I like about myself...hmm, I see myself every day so I kinda take all the good things I have for granted and dont really think about it that much...but if you want to know what I love here goes:

-I love my eyes, they're dark brown and big, and lots of people tell me they are pretty...someone even once called them bedroom eyes which I just love! And they show all my emotions, which I love too

-I love my nose, I think it gets the most compliments of all the features on my face...its small, round, and cute

-I love my smile....it just lights up my face...and I dont consider it my best feature, but once someone told me out of the blue that they love my smile which always helps

-I love my hair, its color, its thickness, the fact that everyone else loves it too helps out a lot...but even if they didnt love it, i'd love it anyways

-I love my butt...its not too big, not too small...

-I love my hands, because they're a little on the smallish side and really, where would I be without them?

-I love my voice...I used to not like it, because I sound so much younger then I am...but then I realized, it just makes me more unique and it makes me more who I am

And I realize that some of the reasons that I like what I like about me is because other people like those things too...But you know what? I would love my features no matter what just because they are MINE. They make me beautiful because I decide they make me beautiful and I dont need anyone else to tell me that. And everyone who has responded to this is truly beautiful for just loving themselves the way they do.

RoryM
Neophyte

posted 10-04-2002 03:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for RoryM     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Okay, this is difficult. I suppose I like my top row of teeth, cos they're perfect, even though I can't get a brace for the bottom ones cos it would put them out. And I suppose my eyes are ok cos they're different - they start off on the outside as blue with green flecks then change to green with blue flecks by the middle. But no one has ever complimented me on them. Or anything else for that matter. Oh well. That wasn't so painful.

MiSs_Behave
Activist

posted 10-04-2002 08:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MiSs_Behave     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love my skin. Its very fair, from my English decent.

I also love my lips, always very red and voluptuous.

My height is great too, Im very tall and my legs are loveeerrrly.

I don't really dislike any part of my body.

------------------
Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the MaDdNeSs...

Angel07
Activist

posted 12-23-2002 10:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Angel07     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i posted on the other one, but heres some stuff i dont think i had on there.

i like my ability to make people laugh, and how i can smooth fights in my group of friends. good thing since we have so many!
i like my neck. i used to hate it. isnt that a weird thing to hate?? but now i like it. funny how that works out.
i like my freckles. when i look around not many people have them actually. i have tons though. all year round. just get darker and more of them in summer.

*Girl*
Activist

posted 12-24-2002 11:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for *Girl*     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I like my eyes, even tho they are small/medium they luk sexyyy in eyeliner. i quite like my hips as they giv me som curves and i hav bin told i have a reli nice bum. I have reli long legs and i like my long dark hair

youcancallmepunk
Activist

posted 12-26-2002 05:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for youcancallmepunk     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
::chews on lower lips::

I have to think about this, the thing I love most about myself (personality and physically wise) would be my wit. I'm very flippant and it keeps people interested. Physically it would be my eyes, though they have a tendency to reveal more about my feelings more then I would like. Ooohhh and my hair, now that I've managed to remove all the brutal damage I did to it during my *trying to find myself* phase. You don't realize whats you had until it goes bye bye ::sigh::

Overall I'm very much happy with myself, which is surprising because 6 months ago I could of wrote a notebook full of all my fualts and hates. It's a good feeling when you realize your something special.

shortstuff1389
Neophyte

posted 12-29-2002 11:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for shortstuff1389     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I like soo much about my self!!
My hair- because its always soft and i can count on it 2 frame my face
My eyes that are big and such a dark brown that at night they look black and so expressive.
I love my nose ecause its the perfect sizxe for my face
I love my lips because there soo soft i swear by soft lips
I love my neck because its thin but not to thin
I love my shoulders because there muscular and tan
i love my arms because they are long and have hair and the dark hair makes them unique
I love my hands and wrists because there so small and delicate and msmooth
I love my boobs because there not to big not to small the perfec size for me
I love my stomach because its flat and smooth and i still alsmot have a six pack from when i did gymnastics
I love my back because its straight and smooth and tan and always keeps me up right
I love my butt because its round and bouncy and a totaly ass(hehe)et to my body
I love my "area because it will someday produce another life
I LOVE my legs because they are long and toned and smooth
I love my feet ecause they are tiny and carry me through life and dont give out on my no matter how many rocks i accidently step on
I love my posture because even though im only 5'2" in class when everyone else is slumping i look tall because my back is always straight and my head is heald high. well exceot when im sleeping ut thats another story.

------------------
*~*XOXO*~*
*~*Lizz*~*

DiamondGirl2K
Activist

posted 12-30-2002 11:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well I'm usually thinking about what I don't like instead of what I do and I realize I have a few:
I love my nose...it's just the right size and fits my face perfectly.
I love my lips..they're really small but have a cute shape.
I love my eyes...they're a dark coffee as someone told me and mysterious.
Last, I love my hands...they're also small but have those dimples like a baby does (my boyfriend can't get over the dimples)
I just made my own day thinking about what I LIKE instead of HATE about myself!

------------------
DiamondGirl
~N~
Boogie Black
9/27/01
Still Going Strong!!!
Forever and Always!!!

youcancallmepunk
Activist

posted 12-31-2002 12:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for youcancallmepunk     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I also remembered something else I absolutely love about my body....my calves!!! I some how managed to maintain the toned look of them though I really haven't been active in sports for 4 years. Oh now that i'm thinking about this, I love my pinkies (how odd is that) that look so cute when i paint them only.

Sir John the Green
Neophyte

posted 01-09-2003 03:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sir John the Green     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Weeeeeeeeelllll... I seem to recall from the previous thread that there was a guy there who remarked on the scarcity of guys posting on this topic... when by all rights there should be an equal number. I wonder what that says about our culture's acceptance of guys having good self esteem too?

Anyway yeah this is kinda weird for me, I mean, I completely agree with that guy before who said that it was hard thinking about something to like about yourself. It's almost as if we're not *supposed* to think that way. Wonder why that is? Having recently come out as transgendered to my friends, I know I have some issues with my body, but... I'll give it a go.

I'll start with my feet and work my way up. My feet are on the desk in front of me so it's the first thing that came to mind. I like my feet, and especially the long hairs on my toes that are so much darker than my skin. The calluses on the bottoms of my feet remind me of all the walking I do to and from work and school, and sometimes I like to pretend I'm a hobbit or dwarf on a quest in Lord of the Rings. Hobbits have fur on the tops of their feet.

I like my legs, which have been getting a lot stronger and more muscled over the last year since I took up sword-fighting last summer. My roommate is envious because I have more leg hair than he does. We get into arguments over these sorts of things. He still thinks he's won though because he's taller than I am. I just tell him that a mad axe-wielding dwarf with hairy legs is nothing to be trifled with.

I don't really like my hips, but I think my thighs look nice when I'm wandering around my apartment in my boxers. They still have flab and stuff on them, but hey, I can always win that game where two people lie on the couch and try to push the other person's legs bent using only their feet. Again, comes from all the sword-fighting and walking. Which I do all the time because those are the two things I love doing most, because they take my mind off everything else.

My waist looks nice to me sometimes, when I'm standing in front of the mirror barefoot wearing only a pair of jeans brushing my hair. I like the way the jeans sortof hang off my hips, and I can see the elastic of my boxers just barely over the top of them.

I really, really like my shoulders. They're very strong from carrying books back and forth all over the city. This one time, when I first joined the medieval reenactment group, I was just lifting a heavy bag of steel armour off the ground when the guy I was with said that I should wait for a strong guy to carry the bag. I just laughed and said that I was the one who had gotten the bag there in the first place. Needless to say I was very pleased with the expression on his face. Also, I don't really have many zits on my shoulders, so that's a plus. I have this little mole on my left shoulder that I've always kinda liked. I don't know why.

My sister keeps telling me how awesome my arms look since I've taken up fighting. I don't see it, but ok. I like my forearms though. They're the only part of me that has any tan whatsoever, and the dark hairs are asthetically pleasing next to the darkened skin. I like my watch tan. The leather on my watchband always makes my left wrist smell nice, well, like leather. I like that scent. I'm very scent-oriented, and smells often bring back complex emotions from a long time ago. I like my sense of smell very much. It lets me smell that special scent of the guy I like even when he's on the other end of the couch. ::grin::

My hands. I love my hands. They are very skillful at typing, and though I never learned the "correct" way to touch type, I don't need to look at the keyboard to know what keys I am pressing. Sometimes it seems like I think with my hans more than with my brain, because somehow they just know what to type, even when I'm not really paying attention. I like my keyboard too. Wait, that isn't a part of me... hehe

I like the back of my neck. It's hard and the spine there is kindof knotty, like an old tree. I also like the way my hair is attatched to my scalp at the top of the back of my neck. Sometimes when it's too hot to sleep and all I can do is roll over in my bed and add another playlist to Winamp to try to stiffle my misery, I find myself playing with my freshly-washed hair. It's a lot cooler than the air in the room and it's soothing besides. My hair goes down past my butt, so sometimes it gets tangled up in things, too. Usually I like it though. I like the way my braid whips behind me when I run. Sometimes I like to pretend I'm Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing. Being a fighter pilot would be awesome.

Um, I like the mole on the right side of my face that's in the area between my cheek and my lip. It's been there as long as I can remember, though I have pictures of me around 5 or so without it. I like the scar on my chin, or should I say scarS... I got the first one when I was little and I jumped off the porch and split my chin open. The second I got just last year when I was playing a real-life verions of counter-strike (using tag instead of guns) with my dorm-mates. I was being chased by the enemy and I was running to the base where I would be "safe", and I was running so fast I couldn't stop in time and kindof bounced chin-first off the stucco wall. Then I was late for class and was dripping blood all over the poetry classroom. But I got a kewl scar out of the deal, so I won't complain. I also like the scar on my forehead hidden just under my hair that I got from hitting my head on the coffee table when I was little. I remember going to the hospital and having to wait forever while they took x-rays. I think I still have a copy of that pic of my skull somewhere. It looked awesome.

Lastly, I like my eyes. Sometimes when I'm trying to talk to someone I like and I can't think of anything to say that isn't stupid I find I can give them this *look*, and somehow they know what I mean to say even before I do, and everything's great. I'm very happy I have my eyes. I even like the fact that I'm nearsighted because it reduces eye-strain when I'm up late at night trying to read, and my nearsightedness lets me hold the book closer to my face without making it difficult to focus.

Alright, I'm done. That was kinda long, wasn't it? ::looks around:: ::wanders off whistling innocently:: Seriously though, I do think responding to this topic is kinda therapeutic... makes one consider the good things rather than the bad like people usually do. Thanks to whoever reopened it. =)

Daydreamer24
Advocate

posted 01-09-2003 03:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daydreamer24     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I love my shoulders. They're pimple free and very soft. I'm very unique in the sense that I have these big bones that stick out of the top of my shoulders. It's really weird looking, like I have very little skin there, but I guess it's just because I'm bony. I've only met two other people who share the trait.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2006 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c

Google
Search Scarleteen