Bodyhair (Page 7)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bodyhair
N3N44
Neophyte

posted 08-26-2005 06:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for N3N44     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
::sigh:: i read through most people's replies, and it saddened me to realize how uncomfortable with my OWN body i must seem... all these women are hairy, and HAPPY.
.... i started shaving my legs in like fourth or fifth grade. then in fifth or sixth, my underarms. near the end of sixth grade, i started shaving my arms and pubic area. ive been doing my eyebrows also since fourth grade.
now i alternate between shaving and waxing with my stomach, legs, arms, pubic area, underarms, and lower back. i dont know why, but hair on my kinda bothers me.. but hair on other people is fine.
its not like, a growing up too fast thing, i wasnt allowed to wear make up until i was fourteen or so- it was just i have SO MUCH hair, that my mom said it woudl be okay to get rid of since othe rkids made fun of me.

maybe i should give it all a rest for a bit, see if i mind.
ill probably end up with a lot more free time, thats for sure

IP: Logged

PuNkYeGg
Activist

posted 09-06-2005 04:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PuNkYeGg     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hmmm....Body hair...Im only 14 and i have quite alot of body hair, on my legs, arms, pubic area, upper lip, hands, stomach, chest etc. its not a major deal though! I get really uncomfortable with my facial hair, yet im not too fussed about anything else. Yeah i shave, mainly just my legs and underarms but theres not really much need to if your not going out. I like to feel smooth, but i dont have a problem with body hair. Most people feel self consious about some furry bits, but the people who see it usualy dont care. So if you have it, love it. Or if you dont love it, get rid of it. Just make sure you do what makes you feel good, dont let other peoples comments influence you!!

tinyrebel
Activist

posted 09-06-2005 09:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tinyrebel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have extremely hairy arms and legs and fine hairs everywhere else (except my palms and the soles of my feet) that are about a centimeter long. I shave my legs about once a week (because my boyfriend likes it) and my armpits the same times (because I like it). I also have bushy eyebrows, over-abundant eyelashes,and sideburns that nearly go past my ears. And to top it off, the hair on my jaw line is (I'm guessing) about 1.5cm. (I blame it on being half French.)

My classmates have told me for years that I should take care of my hair problem, but it's never really bothered me. Then again, I've been lucky enough to have very fair hair (everywhere but my legs and pubes) with all of being either blonde or red, so it might be because you can't see it that well.

The only issue I've ever had is that my boyfriend seems to like petting my cheeks and belly, and even then I enjoy atention.

[This message has been edited by tinyrebel (edited 09-06-2005).]

cheerchickie2009
Neophyte

posted 09-17-2005 09:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cheerchickie2009     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave my legs and armpits, but I don't know if I want to shave my pubic hair yet.I think that it's really gross when a girl has armpit hair, I don't really care about leg hair. I started shaving when I was about 12.

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 09-17-2005 09:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cheerchickie2009:
I think that it's really gross when a girl has armpit hair, I don't really care about leg hair.

And yet, hair grows in women's armpits, all the same, and worldwide, more women go without shaving than those who do. Through nearly all of history, save the last 100 years or so, pretty much ALL women had hair in their pits, as-is.

Let's please remember to avoid calling anyone's body or how they choose to tend to it gross on the boards, please. It's both rude and destructive.

MichSM2
Activist

posted 10-31-2005 06:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MichSM2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I also have hair on my fingers.

I consider myself somewhat a hairy person, and I think in the black community, that is somewhat unheard of. You look at people from Sub-Saharan Africa, and they barely have hair on their body. Me? I have hair EVERYWHERE except for the inside of my arms and inside of my legs and palms and soles of my hands and feet. Thankfully, I'm not growing a beard or anything, but I've noticed a few long hairs (FEW) on my chin that need plucking occassionally. Both of my parents are hairy argh!!! But I believe I'm much hairier than my mother. And I'm a black girl whose hair on her head is almost down to her waist. People always ask if I'm mixed in ancestry or what not or how pretty (jet black) it looks on me. Sighs.

Since its' fall/winter season, I don't even shave. I save the shaving process when it gets warmer and sunnier. I just lie in my hairyness.

Waste my time
Neophyte

posted 11-02-2005 09:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Waste my time     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I dont care much for shaving. im only 16 and i dont shave my legs unless i get bored, or about every 2-3 months or so.
im redheaded, and have the pale skin, so my body hair is white/blonde and you can hardly see it. but i shave my underarms every other day or 2 just because i think it feels better.

My boyfriend acts like women not shaving is a sin. No one ever said that women had to shave, its not a law or anything.
i told him ill shave if he shaves. and he wont. so i wont.

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 11-02-2005 09:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Good on you. An absolutely perfect response!

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 11-02-2005 09:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Good on you. An absolutely perfect response!

Electro057
Neophyte

posted 11-12-2005 04:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Electro057     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well........i am 15 and i don't even have body hair . i envy you people. What i wouldn't give to look like chewbacca! Damn freakin crappy genes and their no hair chromosomes. We'll at least i got a nice head of hair!

------------------
i'll start being nicer if you start being smarter

BiGoddess
Activist

posted 11-13-2005 12:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BiGoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think it's nice when my legs are all smooth and shaven. It makes me feel good. But I don't often bother to shave them because I'm lazy and I think it takes too much effort. Besides, I hardly ever wear anything but long pants, so no one ever sees my legs (except in the locker rooms). And really I don't much care either way. What I do have an issue with, is the hair on my face. Most of the time it's pretty fair and non-noticeable, in which case it doesn't bother me, but every now and then I'll get these wierd long dark hairs on my forehead and cheeks. Those are plucked right away. And, in addition to that, my eyebrows and nosehairs are pretty out of control. So I like to keep that in check. :) Mostly, though, I'm comfortable with my body hair.

BiGoddess
Activist

posted 11-13-2005 12:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BiGoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think it's nice when my legs are all smooth and shaven. It makes me feel good. But I don't often bother to shave them because I'm lazy and I think it takes too much effort. Besides, I hardly ever wear anything but long pants, so no one ever sees my legs (except in the locker rooms). And really I don't much care either way. What I do have an issue with, is the hair on my face. Most of the time it's pretty fair and non-noticeable, in which case it doesn't bother me, but every now and then I'll get these wierd long dark hairs on my forehead and cheeks. Those are plucked right away. And, in addition to that, my eyebrows and nosehairs are pretty out of control. So I like to keep that in check. :) Mostly, though, I'm comfortable with my body hair.

babygirl88
Activist

posted 11-13-2005 12:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for babygirl88     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Lemming- You mentioned bleaching your mustache and asked if anyone knew of a good bleach. Actually!!!!!...... I don't. However, I was in your shoes once. I would go through the same routine of making those little hairs above my upper lip lighter than they wanted to be so they would be less obvious. Then, one day I made a discovery that ended my tedious, burning bleaching sessions forever: A little trimming with some nail scissors once every week or two is a far easier, better option. I just cut the hairs short, and it doesn't matter how light or dark they are because they are no longer noticeable. I believe that most women have SOME hair above their upper lips, anyways. I was self-conscious about it, and I like the way my face looks without it better. Hooray for little nail scissors :-D!

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

babygirl88
Activist

posted 11-13-2005 12:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for babygirl88     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Lemming- You mentioned bleaching your mustache and asked if anyone knew of a good bleach. Actually!!!!!...... I don't. However, I was in your shoes once. I would go through the same routine of making those little hairs above my upper lip lighter than they wanted to be so they would be less obvious. Then, one day I made a discovery that ended my tedious, burning bleaching sessions forever: A little trimming with some nail scissors once every week or two is a far easier, better option. I just cut the hairs short, and it doesn't matter how light or dark they are because they are no longer noticeable. I believe that most women have SOME hair above their upper lips, anyways. I was self-conscious about it, and I like the way my face looks without it better. Hooray for little nail scissors :-D!

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

babygirl88
Activist

posted 11-13-2005 02:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for babygirl88     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to: