Bodyhair (Page 6)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bodyhair
Bobolink
Advocate

posted 05-22-2005 09:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bobolink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Speaking of hair removal, society indicates approval of those men who shave their beard hair.There are some belief systems that hold that a man's beard, or part of it, must never be shaved as it is a sign of adulthood. Myself, I grew a moustache because I could never stop severely nicking my upper lip.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

IP: Logged

soccer21
Activist

posted 05-23-2005 10:21 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for soccer21     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i shave everything because i feel gross if i dont, unless im too lazy ) but i have a question, is it wrong to shave my pubic hair? i always let it grow out for a week before i have a geno app. for fear that she would tell me i shouldnt shave for whatever reason.

faifai
Activist

posted 05-23-2005 02:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for faifai     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It's your hair, you do whatever you feel like doing to it. Your doctor can't tell you not to do anything to it much in the same way s/he can't tell you not to get a haircut on your head.

Rally
Activist

posted 05-23-2005 02:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rally     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nope, there isn't a thing wrong with shaving your pubic hair. =)

MichSM2
Activist

posted 05-30-2005 12:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MichSM2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is slightly different, but is it normal for women to have hair on their lower fingers and big toe?

thetimehascome
Neophyte

posted 05-30-2005 04:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for thetimehascome     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I get rid of my body hair because I want it gone not because of set standards of society. In the winter, i'm less likely to shave my legs & underarms. In the summer, I find that I shave because it feels nicer because of the heat & whatnot. I don't usually wear bottoms shorter than capri length. I've been shaving my pubic hair since I have gotten it because I feel cleaner, or if i don't shave completely i trim & touch up as much as possible. I've gone months & months without shaving. I don't have a problem with seeing hair on women who don't shave. As you grow up you realise it's childish to have the first response of "EWWWW!" when you see it. I can still remember when I first saw my cousin changing, who lives in Italy, with underarm hair. I was at the local swimming pool in the changing area which was full with atleast forty upper teens & women. I thought, at the age of ten, for some reason that was the coolest thing. I wanted to be able to look like these women.

zeta
Neophyte

posted 06-10-2005 01:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for zeta     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Whoooa, Mike K. You really seem to have an issue over hair/ lack thereof, of legs.

Why do you care so much about society? I mean, sure I understand one needs to conform enough, during office hours, to hold a job, and obviously one shouldn't needlessly pesk one's fellow humans. But beyond that?

Has it ever occurred to you that someone who devotes time to giving looks to other people over their leg hair probably has no life of their own. How about just deciding that someone who isn't willing to accept you as is -such as your ex, apparently -probably isn't worth your time anyway.

Social norms change. In the "stone age" it was unacceptable for a woman to hold a job -someone had to be the first, and I bet they got a lot more flak than just a few looks. If societal norms make no sense (say, that women should be hairless and men should not, when the question really has a lot more to do with personal preference, convenience, genetic makeup and whatnot) -and if such social norm actually causes harm (it obviously has to your self-esteem, and may to your future girlfriend -what if her skin is so sensitive she just can't shave?) then it should be our business to change them and not just blindly follow. How is the world supposed to be improved if we all just obey all possible customs, never mind how idiotic?

If logic/sense and "societal norms" disagree I'd say the norms can go. They can be changed you know.

Dallas109
Neophyte

posted 06-11-2005 01:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dallas109     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a lot of hair on my body which I've more or less gotten used to. I like to shave my legs and armpits, and I pluck the darker hairs on my stomach, but I have light hairs on my breasts too, and I'm very self-conscious about it. My ex-bf never said anything about it, so maybe it's normal, but I'm just wondering if this is something a lot of girls have...? Do guys find it unattractive?

~jess~
Activist

posted 06-11-2005 07:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~jess~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas109:
I have light hairs on my breasts too, and I'm very self-conscious about it. My ex-bf never said anything about it, so maybe it's normal, but I'm just wondering if this is something a lot of girls have...? Do guys find it unattractive?

this reminds me of something. back when I was like 12 me and my best friend were talking and she was like oh my godsh, its so gross, my g-ma as hair on her boobs. and being 12 we were both like ew gross. then a few days later i relize that I have hair on my boobs too. I just figured it was normal. and when I had surgery on one of them, they shaved my arm pits but not the ones on the actual boob.

I generally use to hate shaving. In the winter I normally shave once a month or as needed. It would take forever to shave. I relize that if i shave often, it willnt be that big of a deal. but I have blonde hair so its not that noticable. As for my arm pits, i only shave them if im wearing a tank top. it took me for ever to find a razor that wouldnt cut me badly(I have CP therefore im not too sturdy with my hands)

------------------
my bucket of tears

BiGoddess
Activist

posted 06-15-2005 10:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BiGoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave my pits whenever I'm going to be wearing a tank top, but other than that I very rarely shave. I think it's a waste of time. Also I feel that if guys can have hairy legs, so can us gals! I used to shave the hair on my toes, but I've stopped doing that. It's barely visible anyhow. I do, however, like to keep my eyebrows in check. They're rather bushy, you see. So I pluck them now and again.

Kari
Neophyte

posted 06-16-2005 04:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Alas, I have no eyebrow hairs... I resemble spock... I'm a very hairless woman... except in two places where I seem to make up for it...

I have very strange hair stories...

I have really really thick red hair that I've always been made fun of for... but I'm actually starting to like it now.. I never used to wash it with the right shampoo.. so I always had like a red afro... but now its straight... ^^ My friend said the other day that I had magazine hair cause it's wavy in the right spots.... ^^ I like that hair...

I don't like my other hair though...

I extremely dislike shaving because I have really light and thin blond hairs on my arms and armpits and legs... so I really don't se a point unless someone is going to be touching me.. or staring very closely at my armpits... (I have strange friends...)
Shaving irritates me because even though I have thin light hairs, they grow back in like two hours and they get really itchy...
as for pubic hairs.. I hate them being there because they're icky (sorry ... I couldn't think of a better word..) but I hate shaving them even more... I was wondering if you could use hair removal creams like that veet stuff down there or if that might get into places and cause infections of something....

Kari
Neophyte

posted 06-16-2005 05:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kari     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Alas, I have no eyebrow hairs... I resemble spock... I'm a very hairless woman... except in two places where I seem to make up for it...

I have very strange hair stories...

I have really really thick red hair that I've always been made fun of for... but I'm actually starting to like it now.. I never used to wash it with the right shampoo.. so I always had like a red afro... but now its straight... ^^ My friend said the other day that I had magazine hair cause it's wavy in the right spots.... ^^ I like that hair...

I don't like my other hair though...

I extremely dislike shaving because I have really light and thin blond hairs on my arms and armpits and legs... so I really don't se a point unless someone is going to be touching me.. or staring very closely at my armpits... (I have strange friends...)
Shaving irritates me because even though I have thin light hairs, they grow back in like two hours and they get really itchy...
as for pubic hairs.. I hate them being there because they're icky (sorry ... I couldn't think of a better word..) but I hate shaving them even more... I was wondering if you could use hair removal creams like that veet stuff down there or if that might get into places and cause infections of something....

mini_minx
Activist

posted 06-16-2005 09:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for mini_minx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have laungo as an effect of being anorexic. I really hate body hair. I shave or was everywhere. I was proud of my laungo when i first got it because i realised it meant i was getting sicker, and loosing more weight but i dont like it so much anymore

ktbarrsuperstarr
Neophyte

posted 06-16-2005 06:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ktbarrsuperstarr     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just stopped shaving my legs, because I think it's stupid that we're expected to get rid of our body hair. My boyfriend likes it, too, so that doesn't hurt. I'll keep shaving my armpits though, just because I like not having hair there. But leg hair? Here to stay, at least for now.

ktbarrsuperstarr
Neophyte

posted 06-16-2005 06:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ktbarrsuperstarr     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just stopped shaving my legs about two weeks ago, because I think it's stupid that we're expected to get rid of our body hair. It grows, so why do we go through so much trouble to get rid of it? My boyfriend likes it, too, so that doesn't hurt. I'll keep shaving my armpits though, awkward as that is. I like the way my legs feel so far though, and theyre getting softer. So I think I'm going to stick with it.

ophelialives
Neophyte

posted 06-28-2005 11:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ophelialives     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I am stuck in the unfortunate position of being half Italian and half German, heritages which gave me thick, black body hair, and ridiculously pale skin. *sigh* I started shaving my legs/ underarms when I was in 6th grade, mostly as a reaction to my classmates' teasing. I still only shave my legs and armpits, although my arms are rather hairy as well. For some reason, that doesn't seem to bother me, whilst hair on my legs just makes me feel unclean. Not that shaving is a picnic at all. I'm prone to ingrown hairs... a fate worse than death, let me tell you. I pretty much avoid shaving my bikini area because it just ends up being rather painful/ ugly-looking, so I always wear shorts over my bathing suit. *shrug* Bah. One of these days I'm just going to bite the bullet and have electrolysis done. But with my fear of pain... yeah, I'll be shaving for a while longer.

jewelgirl1
Neophyte

posted 06-28-2005 02:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for jewelgirl1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a weirdness when it comes to hair. I shave usually once a week or so, but sometimes I get lazy and don't feel like it, or sometimes I do it every other day. But I won't do it for anyone but me, that's for sure. If they do not like the hair, they can deal.

HumanTornado
Activist

posted 06-29-2005 01:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HumanTornado     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave my armpits and my legs simply because I prefer it that way.

But I am sort of shocked by the amount of people who said they shave because they were being made fun of/think body hair is gross/ are afraid their boyfriend will think it's gross. Geez, people, it's *hair*. It's there for a reason and it's probably the most natural thing on earth. Anyone who would turn down a girlfriend because she has pubic hair really needs to reconsider if they're ready for sex if they can't even deal with the human body.

Neophyte

posted 06-29-2005 05:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 12345     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i tried laser, it was ok, but i just have to shave it now

Kisses Me Pink
Activist

posted 06-29-2005 08:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm one of those people who just doesn't like hair. The only hair I have is on my head...and the occasional hairs on ze toes. However...I shave my toes from time to time too. I don't know. I'm just not a hair lover.

I'm just the opposite with guys though. I always prefer hairy guys to body-bald guys.

Kisses Me Pink
Activist

posted 06-29-2005 09:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm one of those people who just doesn't like hair. The only hair I have is on my head...and the occasional hairs on ze toes. However...I shave my toes from time to time too. I don't know. I'm just not a hair lover.

I'm just the opposite with guys though. I always prefer hairy guys to body-bald guys.

hot4nerds
Activist

posted 07-01-2005 01:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for hot4nerds     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave my armpits most frequently because I just don't really like hair there on me, but I do get lazy sometimes and let it grow out a little. My boyfriend is lucky if he sees me on a day I shave my legs. Now my girly-parts, I go for the bikini line mostly because I just find it kind of gross to see hair sticking out of the undies/bathing suit and I figure not a lot of other people want to see that too.

I wanted to go au naturale (sp?)"down there", minus bikini line, but my boyfriend isn't really for it. I was before dating him. He thinks women shouldn't be hariy, but I told him if we weren't meant to be then why do we grow hair there?

Eh he doesn't ask too much of me in the grooming department except that. He's a good enough sport to accept my hairy legs and sometimes hairy pits.

recuntulous
Neophyte

posted 08-17-2005 09:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for recuntulous     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm new to here, but I have a question in addition to saying, yeah, don't shave if you don't want to shave.

I haven't shaved in about a year. I'm 20. a year ago, i gave all my razors to a friend and decided that i won't do it anymore. it's painful and takes a lot of time and my underarms get really really irritated when i shave, and they're fine if i don't.

now. I want to bleach my underarm hair and dye it a very bright color. I think i want to start with hot pink. green would be very weird. maybe purple. but. does anyone know about bleaching underarm hair? My pits were easily irritated when I was shaving, so I'm afraid that bleach might upset them too. Is there some gentle form maybe meant for upper lip hair or something that I could try?

dailicious
Advocate

posted 08-17-2005 10:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dailicious     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
How fun!

I'd suggest going to a salon (hopefully you have some more crazy, punk=ish salons near you) and speaking to a professional there who may be able to do it for you.

I know bleaching or dying either your pubic hair or your eyebrows on your own or even at all is a big no-no (since you just DON'T want those chemicals around your genitals AT ALL, and for eyebrows you have to be careful to not get the checmicals into your eyes), but I've never come across anything that has mentioned underarm-hair, probably since it's not a common idea.

The sensitive-skin could be a big issue, since underarm skin is generally more sensitive and the process may be more difficult or you'd be unable to do it do to sweat, etc.; but that may be another good reason to check at a salon and ask questions there. It may also not hurt to check with a doctor and see if they have any reasons that you shouldn't be mesing with your underarms. (Also, similar to hair dying and other product use, you could do a small spot test, maybe, per irritation issues?)

Good luck on the search, though, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

DarkChild717
Advocate

posted 08-17-2005 11:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DarkChild717     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If you opt for purple or blue, you might not have to do the bleaching at all. In my youth, I dyed my hair often. I found blue was plenty bright without bleaching. There are also some wild colors that are meant to be put on dark hair.

I do like your idea though. It sounds fantastic!

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2004 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c

Google
Search Scarleteen