Bodyhair (Page 5)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bodyhair
summergoddess
Activist

posted 01-26-2005 10:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for summergoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I honestly don't care much of body hair. But that's just me.

I too started shaving at 13 with my legs and armpits. But shaving wasn't regular until I got to highschool at 14 (and I usually had gym class first semester). I had gym all through HS. So gym was usually the main reason (and of course when it was summertime).

I began to shave more when I started dating, and i felt more grown up (and more comfortable with my body). I didn't touch my vaginal hair until I was 17, and i realized for me, that I would be more comfortable being bare (and feeling sexy). It took a while to get used to the hair being gone but i loved it and i continue to shave around my vaginal area (and still shave my legs and armpits).

The decision has always been foremost for myself. My honey of almost 4 years has seen me with my legs with some stubble before (and with my vaginal hair as well). He doesn't care how shaved I am, he loves me for the way I am as an individual. To this day at 21, I still choose to shave because I want to (and it makes me feel sexy). I love my shaving cream and razors!

As for my honey, he shaves most places. Up until last year, he had some hair every hair (not a whole lot, just a lil bit, and i'm very drawn to sexy legs too ). Due to him working out and wanting some abs, and everything, he made a personal choice to shave his legs. I didn't object much as it is his body, and i don't want to be telling him what to do or not to do. It just took me a while to get used to having his legs shaven. Through out our relationship, he had trimmed his penicle area (and that was his choice too, and it was also for me as well). Anyway, back to the body shaving.... my honey also decided to shave the rest of the other hairy parts of his body and again, it took me a while to get used to it. But I told him, if he gets tired of shaving, I wouldn't care if he went back to having his body a little hairy. My honey is sexy either way so I'm just being supportive and still lovin' him

[This message has been edited by summergoddess (edited 03-20-2005).]

IP: Logged

bubblex
Activist

posted 03-17-2005 11:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for bubblex     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a funny stance on body hair. I don't really shave my legs or armpits, but I am vigilant about keeping my pubic region waxed. For some reason having pubic hair feels really uncomfortable for me, and waxing makes it soft and more fine when it grows back.

tragic xx ending
Neophyte

posted 03-19-2005 05:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tragic xx ending     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well i respect whatever anyone wants, personally, i shave it all, legs, armpits, pubic region, but thats just me. i actually find it pretty cool that most of you woman or so open with not shaving! i like a man with hair, i love stubble on their face in fact, and a guy with a little hair on their chest is nice also.

hazardousqueen
Neophyte

posted 04-09-2005 01:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for hazardousqueen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
*giggle* Wow, I love this thread.

Well, to start off, I think I'll explain that when I was under 12 years old, I went to this Christian missionary park in the summer, where it's kind of like a daycare. I was in the orange room (for 11 years and up), and there was a counselor there who knew sign language. Oh, yes, I was deaf at the time (still am, but different circumstances, which is a story for another time). I loved her, but hated her body hair! I wasn't fully conscious of body stuff or whatnot.. but hers was the only female armpits I had noticed and she had fuzzies. I remember thinking it was gross-looking.

Now, I don't think it's so gross anymore. I don't like the sight of it, but I know it's only natural, so I've just simply accepted it.

I shave my armpits every day, shave my legs only several times in the winter, shave every other day in the summer. Sometimes I'll just wait out two weeks (I have light, blonde hair, anyhow) because I'm more worried about conserving water and... yeah, also, I'm just lazy. I actually like stubbly legs.. feels good, but I hate it when they're .. in my opinion, ..overgrown. It's just that feeling! I don't mind the look, except when my boyfriend sees it. He likes it anyway, though, soooo.. I've come to accept that, too!

The first time I shaved around my privates.. ouch. Itchy, bumpy, but ... more air! I liked the bareness of it. I like fuzzy, too. A little bit of fuzziness. I guess I like a little balance. I totally admire fuzzy women.. legs and privates... but.. hmm.. armpits, I have trouble with.

Ah, male hair. I like furry chest, legs, and privates! I just read a post about someone being artistic with her boyfriend's chest hair... that made me absolutely fall over laughing, and guess what! I think it's awesome, and I plan on doing that the next shower with my boyfriend.

Okay, rambling too much here....

Cheers!

Edit: psst - it's 2 in the morning here. I think this post made absolutely no sense at all..
But, here ya go.

[This message has been edited by hazardousqueen (edited 04-09-2005).]

zeta
Neophyte

posted 04-18-2005 07:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for zeta     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

I had no idea it was possible to be this political about body hair. I epilate mine because I prefer it that way, but I'd consider any opinions from non-lovers to be completely out of place, strange and rude. (Unless of course we're having a theoretical conversation on the matter). What on earth would they be doing staring at my bikini line, armpits, or feeling up my legs, anyway?!?

I simply like the look, much as I like my glittery makeup stuffs. I like to play with my appearance when I happen to have the time -how could it be unfeminist, when it's my body and getting creative with decorating it is just another way of enjoying it. It doesn't feel like I have to conform (and I don't), it feels like there are options for me to enjoy. If I don't feel like girlying up, then I don't.

Oddly enough, I did discuss the matter of body hair with my friends some time ago (both male and female) and the general opinion seemed to be that *men* should shave their body. Especially the guys thought that; most girls didn't really mind either way.

I do think one's partner should have a say; I ask my boyfriend to shave his face daily because his stubble irritates *my* skin horribly when we kiss etc. He likes me to keep my pubic hair shortish because, he says, it makes going down on me easier, which seems good enough a reason to me.

But really, they're just personal preferences and questions of convenience to me. Like whether to wear my hair on ponytail or braid. And should someone say something like "oh, your braid looks so dirty, all feminine women wear a ponytail", well, I wouldn't think much of their manners or opinion.

Guess I've been lucky with my peers in this respect.

Mullet_Furry
Neophyte

posted 04-19-2005 06:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mullet_Furry     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hiar is awsome, not matter where it is. I'm 16 and have been shaving for less then a year and already have a beard. My body is covered in hair, comes from my dad. My whole family is hairy, like everywhere. Some people think we are the link between Apes and Humans. I have a very hair butt. Like too hairy to look at myself. Ask anyone I've mooned.....

lizenny
Activist

posted 04-21-2005 09:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lizenny     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Body hair has never really been that much of a big deal. If I'm going to be showing a lot of skin I'll shave but most of the time I just don't care and ignore it. The fun thing about that is after it all grows out I usually shave it into the shape of my initials or some other wacky design before getting rid of it all.

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

yourfavoritegemini
Neophyte

posted 04-23-2005 01:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for yourfavoritegemini     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
wow, i've read through all the posts on this topic, and it's quite interesting indeed. thank you all for giving me these different points of view! I shave my armpits and my legs, but i tend to get lazy about it (example: i was in a hot tub a few months ago with a boy i liked at the time. he touched my leg then immediately recoiled and hissed "wow, you really need to shave". let's just say, that, among other things, pretty much nipped our relationship at the bud.) i pluck my eyebrows maybe 4 times a year. I dont shave my pubic area or arms, nor do i plan on it. i have a slight (blonde) moustache that is noticable when the light shines on it. What do u guys think? should i worry about it?

sweettweet22
Activist

posted 05-02-2005 05:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweettweet22     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
wow....it's been a long time since I've been on this site- and what a coincidence, I was just thinkin bout my body hair and how much i hate it:
legs: I don't really mind, just shave when I'm wearin shorts, skirts, etc.
underarms: when I wera sleveless tops (but I get bumps a few days after...is this normal?)
pubic hair: NO WAY...I was gonna try it, but decided not to (just my bikini line)

I was just wondering, is it normal for a femal to have hair on her toes, hamstring, and stomach? please let me know, b/c I'm very self-conscience about hair being on those places-is anyone in my shoes?

Sporker101
Neophyte

posted 05-09-2005 07:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sporker101     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The one thing that bothers me about body hair is when it's growing back. I shave my underarms everyday because I can't stand how scratchy it gets. I don't believe my hair has ever been longer that a centimeter there, if that. And the problem with leg hair is that when it gets long, it gets caught in my jeans sometimes. I'm not sure how, but it's a horrible feeling to be walking and suddenly it's like someone is plucking out your hairs. And I shave my bikini line as well, because I don't like the look of hair sticking out of my underwear. But other than that, I'm not really obsessive, though I have been more aware of my hairiness or lack thereof since I've gotten together with my boyfriend. There is no reason for it, actually, because he doesn't seem to care.

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 05-09-2005 10:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
(Swetttweet, because we're mammals, both men and women alike are covered with hair. In short, you have hair wherever you have skin, some of it is just finer than others. So yes, all of those places: [b[everyone[/b] naturally has hair on them, save folks with medical conditions that incline them towards hair loss or lack of growth.

So, in some ways, hating body hair is like saying you hate having ears or hate having feet: it's normal, natural and in some ways, essential, part of your body. Nothing to hate there. )

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

faifai
Activist

posted 05-10-2005 05:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for faifai     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I seem to shave everything.

I shave my legs when I'm wearing a skirt or cropped jeans. In dance class I often don't even shave my legs.

I shave under the arms because it's easier for me to use deodorant if there's no hair. I shave my arms/stomach/pubic area just because I like the smooth feeling.

My boyfriend couldn't care less what I shave or don't shave. It's because I like the feeling. The only thing I hate are ingrown hairs--insidious little devils.

[This message has been edited by faifai (edited 05-10-2005).]

Rally
Activist

posted 05-12-2005 03:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rally     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a love/hate relationship with my body hair sometimes. I don't mind having hair legs for the most part, but it gets annoying after awhile and I eventually break out the razor. So I shave my legs everyone other day or so. As for my armpits, I never shave them save for days I plan on wearing a bathing suit or tank top.

As for bodyhair on guys...I love it. My boyfriend's rather hair; he has hair on his chest, legs, thighs, arms, butt, face, etc, etc. Basically everywhere. And I don't think he could be more sexy for it

I don't think he minds my armpits being hairy, but I know he'd rather my legs be smooth.

sweet monkey
Neophyte

posted 05-19-2005 11:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sweet monkey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i...hate my body ahir...the hair on my legs is really course..i swear i shave and the next mintue i feel hairy..i have a lil hair on each big two and a lil on the top of my foot..to much ahir on my arms and its to dark..lil ahirs on my breasts..a dark treasure trail.. might as well say i have a mans *** .. my hair lines are not normal.... i wear pants and long sleeves in the summer to hide it.. if i had a million dollars.. id have all the hair other then my eye lashes eye brows and head removes.. id have my hair lines fixed..and maybe id be pretty..

Mike K
Neophyte

posted 05-21-2005 02:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mike K     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm a 20 year old natural blonde guy and I have very little body hair.I didn't start to grow pubic hair till I was 18 yrs and 4 months old.(u don't forget).Talk about a late bloomer.Have u ever heard of puberty hair this late? It hasn't grown much since.It's very blonde,short and sparce and fine.Looking in a mirror at a distance it's very hard to see.It's very short in length,only 3/4 of an inch when pulled, and it's very sparce.Nothing like my 18 yr.old ex- girlfriend,who was hispanic,she had long black pubes and hates to shave.She had quite a bit more pubes than me.Sometimes I felt like a little boy when our pubic areas were next to each other.She had so much hair,a very full bush, u couldn't see her skin,mine is so little hair and mostly skin.
I also don't even have any hair on my legs.They are completely hairless.I've looked over my thighs and legs and don't even have 1 hair.I guess that's strange cause guys suppose to have hair on their legs.My ex- girlfriend hated shaving her legs and they were very hairy.She had black hair all over her legs.Last year in the summer we were both wearing shorts and we went to the grocery store.U should have seen all the looks we were getting and they were all from females.It's embarrassing for people to see her legs were hairier.There was a girl behind us at the check out lane and she was laughing with her friend,she actually commented saying who wears the pantyhose.
My ex loved the natural look and doesn't care what society thinks.She told me one of us should have hairy legs.She would not shave her legs.Even her younger 8 yr.old sister has fuzzy hair all over her legs.She said I was jealous of her legs and she started teasing me that I had bald legs and that her legs were qoute "ha ha hairier and don't u wish u had hair like me".She said my legs should be in a comercial for Nair.She said I had feminine legs.
That was the last straw,I broke up with her.I could not see ourselves walking around in shorts all summer and people seeing her legs were hairier.
I do expect females to shave their legs every other day.Since my legs are hairless,I expect a females leg to be hairless also.
A female should not have hairier legs than a guy.My next girlfriends legs are going to be either naturally hairless like mine or she will do all she has to to keep every hair off of them.Don't u think a girl should shave for a guy in this instance? Would u be embarrassed if u had hairier legs than a guy? It's weird being a guy and girls can have hairy legs and I can't.Have a good day, Mike

------------------

dailicious
Advocate

posted 05-21-2005 03:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dailicious     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mike, I disagree with you.

No partner should HAVE to do anything just because the other is uncomfortable or wants it a certain way. That's not a healthy compromise, it's control.

I believe that your ex-girlfriend was wrong in teasing you about your hairless legs, because that's just insensitive, but you'd be just as insensitive if you insisted a girl shaved her legs because you were uncomfortable with your own legs. If you find a girl who doesn't shave, or doesn't shave often, but thinks nothing and says nothing of your hairless legs, then it wouldn't be right of you to say anything about her hairy legs.

There are a number girls, however, like myself, who do shave daily, or wax, or have some other hair removal method, and there are a number of girls who like when guys are very hairless. So you aren't in a bad position, persay, but watch your attitude about thinking a girl should be required to shave.

Mike K
Neophyte

posted 05-21-2005 04:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mike K     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dailicious,if I was with a girl who had hairy legs.How can I be seen in public with her if we're wearing shorts? It would be so out of place to see a girl with hairy legs and my hairless legs next to her.People will stare and give u looks.Do I suppose to wear long pants all the time? I would feel she would be humiliating me by showing the world that her legs are hairier.Have u ever seen a couple together and the girls legs are hairier than the guys? I'm sure u would give a 2nd look and think that's weird.A female should understand that her legs shouldn't be hairier.A womans legs suppose to be soft and smooth. It's feminine.A female should understand that hairy legs are a guy thing.Since ur legs are hairier than mine,how would u feel being seen together in public with me? It would be awkward for me.I would think u should feel embarrassed cause ur legs are more masculine than mine.A female should not put a guy like me in an uncomfortable position. Have a good day Mike

Rally
Activist

posted 05-21-2005 05:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rally     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Mike,

I disagree with you completely.

Although I am a girl who shaves her legs usually once every other day, I'm still pretty offended by several of your comments and, frankly, don't feel a bit of sympathy for you and your hairless legs.

If you feel uncomfortable being seen and compared with a woman having hairy legs than you that's your problem and not hers. Having the notion that she should feel 'embarrased' is pretty darn condenscending, if you ask me. I've gone out in public with hairy legs plenty of time and I've never felt an ounce of embarrasment.

A persons masculinity or feminity (is that even a word? lol) isn't judged by the amount of hair covering a part of the body. Society has placed rules upon each sex, sure, but that shouldn't even matter. Having fine hair on your legs doesn't make any less masculine than an apeman; your ex girlfriend having coarse hair on her legs doesn't make her any less of a woman.

As for her teasing you, sure, that was rather mean, but did she know that it bothered you? Did you sit her down and explain to her how it made you feel? My fingers, toes, and feet have been exceptionally long since I can even remember (one would think I was destined piano player [bah]). My boyfriend, however, has rather small hands and feet for a guy. From the get-go I've teased him about the size difference and he's teased me back--it's been basically a game with us. Until only yesterday did I come to realize that this bothered him. He'd never said a word and even played along. But he took me aside and told me that it did, why it did, etc.

I don't like being told how I should feel and what I should do, even in a general sort of way. If I were your girlfriend, Mike, I would not expect you to expect me to shave my legs for you, nor to feel embarrased if I so chose not to. It seems that you have a problem with yourself, not who you're seen with.

[BTW: When out in public, I doubt it's very often than people actually inspect the legs of a guy and his girl.]

[This message has been edited by Rally (edited 05-21-2005).]

Mike K
Neophyte

posted 05-21-2005 07:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mike K     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My 2 cents again.I'm sorry u feel that way.I still disagree.I am not trying to put anyone down.Society does say men suppose to have hair and women should shave.Why do u shave? Because of society.Society at times does tell us how to think. Does miss america have hairy legs?
It's one thing for u to be in public with hairy legs,it's another one to be a guy and be in public with a girl whose legs are hairier.It doesn't suppose to be.If I went out in public by myself it's one thing,nobody would probably notice,but my exes legs were very hairy,very noticeable.I guess it would be less noticeable if I had some hair on my legs,but not even one hair.It's very strange looking to have my hairless legs next to hers.People do notice because it's so unusual.It happened to me so I know.How many times have u seen this scenerio.Probably zero.It's like if a females genitals are bigger than a guys.My ex was cruel for teasing me,she even said u should try some rogaine on ur legs.Have a good one Ray

xra5enx
Neophyte

posted 05-21-2005 08:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for xra5enx     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey Mike,

Its unfortunate that for whatever reason you seem to be hairless, but come on, insisting that your girlfriend be hairless because you don't want to be seen with her because it might embarass you is a bit ridiculous.
Obviously this issue is something beyond your control but how would you feel if the situation were reversed and girls started turning you down because you had no hair? I feel for you man but ultimately society shouldn't be calling the shots and you should respect people for who they are because you're going to have to count on people respecting your difference too.
Try and remember this isn't the stone age, you can't club your woman over the head and drag her back to your cave and make her who you want her to be.

Rally
Activist

posted 05-22-2005 07:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rally     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
-Why do u shave? Because of society.

Why do I shave? Not because society has deemed it the thing to do, but because I like it. I shave more in the winter than I do the summer because I'm wearing pants, and stubble against my inner pants legs feel awful to me. That is the only reason that I will ever shave.

-Does miss america have hairy legs?

I'm sure she's not immune to it.

-It's one thing for u to be in public with hairy legs,it's another one to be a guy and be in public with a girl whose legs are hairier.It doesn't suppose to be.

Not suppose to be? Wopmen haven't always shaved their legs, honey.

Like I said, it seems that you're insecure with yourself and that's a problem you should really consider working on before you lay down conditions for others.

Bobolink
Advocate

posted 05-22-2005 09:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bobolink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
<multiple post>

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-22-2005).]

Bobolink
Advocate

posted 05-22-2005 09:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bobolink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
<multiple post>

Bobolink
Advocate

posted 05-22-2005 09:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bobolink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
<multiple post>

Bobolink
Advocate

posted 05-22-2005 09:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bobolink     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
<multiple post>

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2004 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c

Google