Bodyhair (Page 3)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bodyhair
Milke
Activist

posted 03-24-2002 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Vodou, why should a woman shave her pubic hair if you don't? That doesn't seem quite fair to me.

IP: Logged

Lil' Love 1
Neophyte

posted 03-30-2002 03:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lil' Love 1     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
When I see some light hairs in between my eyebrows, I grab the tweezers and pluck them out. It doesn't hurt too bad for me.

punknpretty
Neophyte

posted 03-30-2002 04:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for punknpretty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't understand how some guys who have a lot of body hair get freaked when they see that a girl has body hair. My ex. once touched my knee and I hadn't shaved for I guess two days and he had a flipping fit. ::rolling eyes:: Really, its hair people...its natural, its going to be there, and if you remove it, it will grow back. Just had to vent about that.

Jay

"If sarcasm was an art, that would make me pretty talented then."

badly_behaved_badger
Activist

posted 04-09-2002 12:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I am a girl and I don't shave my legs. A lot of people at my school think it's weird that I don't, especially boys. Personally, I think that it's your own decision whether you do or not and I think that since God gave me hair on my legs, it's there for a reason. Also, shaving or waxing takes time that I could be using to do something else. I get called a 'bloke' for not shaving my legs, but I refuse to be forced into doing something just because most other girls do it. *lotsa hugs from da bajjah*

Beppie
Advocate

posted 04-09-2002 06:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Beppie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Good on you Badger.

Stud69
Neophyte

posted 04-16-2002 05:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Stud69     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
some men hate hair on their body besides their face and head.MAny like me hate pubes and it hurts if you shave,wax,etc...but men get hair in places were it shouldn't be F.E.around their butts or back of thigh where the hamstring is. It sucks when you got hair there cause sometimes it itches against your underwear.

god didnt make coke god didnt make pepsi but god made me oh so sexy.

breakingarm
Neophyte

posted 04-16-2002 09:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for breakingarm     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
im a man and i like my budy hair.

Celtic Daisy
Advocate

posted 04-16-2002 10:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Celtic Daisy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stud69:
...but men get hair in places were it shouldn't be F.E.around their butts or back of thigh where the hamstring is.
[B]

FYI, a lot of girls get hair there too, they just tend to get a little less, depending on the person of course.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

[b]Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

[This message has been edited by Celtic Daisy (edited 04-16-2002).]

Robyn2
Neophyte

posted 04-19-2002 07:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Robyn2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I lived in Europe for awhile, and girls there usually don't shave their armpits. I'm 16 yrs. old and quit shaving my pits. My hair there is blonde. Some other girls tease me about it, but they are the ignorant ones.

stargoddess
Neophyte

posted 04-22-2002 06:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for stargoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I personally don't like body hair and I wish I didn't have any, but the fact is that I do and everyone does b/c its a natural part of life. I do however shave my underarms every morning b/c I love to wear tank tops and I don't like the sight of stubble under there. I also shave my legs but if I wear pants every day of the week I will only shave once b/c it's to much work to shave constantly if your not even showing the skin. But when I wear skirts or shorts I instantly shave all the unwanted stubble. But I love the silky feel so thats what I think!

------------------
...·:*¨¨*:·.StarGoddess.·:*¨¨*:·...

Lil' GreenBean Nose
Neophyte

posted 05-02-2002 10:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lil' GreenBean Nose     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think its pretty much jes personal opinion. I really dislike hair. I wish I could jes wrap my whole body, with the exception of my head, in a huge thing of wax and become hairless. I shave my arms, my underarms, my legs, and various other places. But, the only thing is, I tend to be to lazy to shave how i want to, so I end up shaving my legs only when I know someone else will see them. My hair grows back really fast too. And when I do shave my legs, at the bottom, it looks like there is still hair there when there isn't. Does anyone know anything I can do about that?

Vinnie Tesla
Neophyte

posted 05-03-2002 10:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Vinnie Tesla     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
As you say, Jade, we boys don't have to worry about it nearly as much. I grew a beard partially 'cause shaving is a pain in the neck. My chest hair is noticably asymmetrical--quite sparse around one nipple, thicker around the other--but I'm not particularly self-concious about it.

My responses to body hair on women are weird and inconsistent.

Underarm hair on a woman is a turn-on to me. It suggests that the woman is unconventional and sensual.

Leg hair in moderation doesn't bother me a bit. Thick black hair, particularly on a pale-skinned woman can be a little offputting to me, but it's not a big deal.

Facial hair on a woman makes me uncomfortable. I feel a little guilty about it, but that's my gut response.

Angel07
Activist

posted 05-16-2002 04:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Angel07     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i hate my body hair. i have dark dark brown hair and its really long. i have it on my: arms legs underarms back stomach butt feet, basically anywhere you can get hair i have it. i hate it. it really annoys me. i shaved my arms this year once and once last year. i want to just make my body hair lighter colored so you couldnt see it as much.

Maryha
Activist

posted 05-16-2002 05:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Maryha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hmm. . . I guess for a girl I'm on the medium side of hairy. Not too bad. If I know I'm wearing something that causes no one to see it, I could care less. But otherwise I generally shave. I tend to like feeling smoother, though, regardless.

bethy
Neophyte

posted 05-17-2002 08:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for bethy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I honestly think that it is a personal decision that each person needs to make for themselves. I don’t think that there is a “right” or “wrong” answer.

For me personally… I do shave my armpits because I can’t stand the way it feels if I don’t. I normally shave my legs about once a week in the winter (hey, I wear long pants most of the time anyways, so what’s it matter?) In the winter, if I want to wear a short skirt or anything that would show my legs, I normally shave then. In the summer, I shave a little bit more, normally about 2-3 times a week. I don’t shave my pubic hair – ouch!

I think when you make your own personal decision on whether you are/aren’t going to shave, it should be a decision made by YOU and not influenced by anyone else (although I know that it’s hard to be young and be teased and “not fit in.”)

i_think_i_love_him
Neophyte

posted 05-17-2002 10:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for i_think_i_love_him     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i shave everything and im sorry if some of you didnt want to know that but i like to be soft!
i think that shaveing is your choice and if you dont want to do it then dont! the most nasty thing about hair on a guy(i think)is hair on his back its juat grose!!!!!!

------------------
Chas

OoMEoO
Activist

posted 05-17-2002 03:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for OoMEoO     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave my arms, legs, armpits, and pubic area. I just HATE being hairy it makes me feel really dirty!

Milke
Activist

posted 05-17-2002 04:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
There's nothing gross about back hair!

Mary
Activist

posted 05-17-2002 07:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mary     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I just made the decision to stop shaving three days ago.

#1: It takes up so much time
#2: I always get little red bumps and cuts where I shave
#3: It hurts when I haven't shaved my thights in a while and the stubble from each leg rubs against each other
#4: It's expensive to keep a supply of shaving cream!

To be honest, the idea of not shaving didn't even occur to me until this week. Every woman that I am close with shaves routinely; I've always thought it a mandatory thing for some reason. But now I realize that I have options in this world, and I don't have to do what everyone else does. So I'm doing this for myself to get more comfortable with my body and to save myself a lot of discomfort.

I've been very aware of my hair since it began growing in more places and got darker during puberty. I was ashamed of it and worried about people seeing it. But I'm trying to accept myself now (even though it can be hard when we're exposed to so many pictures of thin, beautiful, hairless women), and by not denying who I am by shaving, I'm accepting my hair as a part of me.

Daria
Neophyte

posted 06-26-2002 10:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daria     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hmm well I'm pretty hairy. It's blonde, but I always feel theres just to much. I am always concerned that EVERY guy thinks hair is gross, and that we woman should be hairless like all those models we see in magazines and such. but after reading all these posts, my confidence about my body hair is better, and i see that not all guys mind hair.

Olive
Activist

posted 07-11-2002 03:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Olive     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I hate shaving but if i dont i dont really feel like a women. I started shaving when i was in fourth grade, I regret it now. I also shave my arms and my underarms. Im self conscience about my body hair but I guess there really isnt a reason to be. I live where it's hot (California) so i wear shorts and tank tops a lot so i shave about every three days. It sucks!!

Olive
Activist

posted 07-11-2002 03:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Olive     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I hate shaving but if i dont i dont really feel like a women. I started shaving when i was in fourth grade, I regret it now. I also shave my arms and my underarms. Im self conscience about my body hair but I guess there really isnt a reason to be. I live where it's hot (California) so i wear shorts and tank tops a lot so i shave about every three days. It sucks!!

holly8705
Activist

posted 07-11-2002 03:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for holly8705     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave every day, its not a problem for me really. It makes me feel re-freshed when I am all cleaned and shaved!!!

babytasa69
Activist

posted 07-16-2002 12:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for babytasa69     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave everywhere because i dont think its sexy and i dont like the looks i get in gym class when i have hairy legs lol so I shave but i really think that my boyfriend should try trimming his pubes or something because sometimes they get in the way if u know what i mean and its not to sexy getting hair in your mouth (im soooo sorry for being graphic) does anyone know how i could tell him because i am kind of shy and i mean i shave my down there area for him!! so yeah if anyone has sugestions thank you so very much

------------------

notooniceguy
Activist

posted 07-20-2002 06:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for notooniceguy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I used to live in Europe and until I came to canada, arm piut hair did not bother me. I find no pubic hair very sexy because i am very visual and I like to see the female part. I like the smoothness too. IN terms of my hair, I am quite a bit annoyed by my bum hair. Although it's not excessive, I would like to get rid of it. Any suggestions? Has anyone ever tried those epilator that look like electric men shavers, that pull the hair very quickly. They say that it last for 3 weeks. True?

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2004 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c

Google
Search Scarleteen