Bodyhair (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bodyhair
Sun Wu
Activist

posted 02-26-2002 01:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sun Wu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm pretty good with my own body hair. I'm not that concerned with body hair on females myself... It's like, I am a very hairy guy, it would be hypocritical for me to make comments about hairy girls. It's annoying, I have tons on my forearms, some on my triceps, stomach, and then this *itty bitty* patch on my chest. Very annoying if you ask me. :P

IP: Logged

insatiablesmiles
Activist

posted 02-26-2002 08:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for insatiablesmiles     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
my body hair ... hm. i shave under my arms but not like every day ... prob once or twice a week or whenever i'm gunna wear a sleeveless top. i shave my legs probly twice a week cuz i don't like how the stubble feels - and even less like the idea of my boy feeling it. my boy who is nicely hairless on his chest and has jus the right amounts elsewhere ... i do find that 'tresure trail' some men have -enormously- sexy though...just because i know where it leads!!

-xxo
pandora

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Rizzo
Activist

posted 02-26-2002 10:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rizzo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Just a quick reply to Miz Scarlet: I saw a documentary on body hair a while ago, and there was a bearded woman on it. I thought she was sooo cool I feel like it takes a lot of courage not shaving legs or armpits as a woman in North America, but imagine your face... that's very gutsy.

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 02-26-2002 12:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Excellent!

Honestly, I can't begin to tell you how beautiful this woman was. Part of it is that androgynous peopple have just always been particularly appealing to me. But I think a lot of it (aside of it being the softest-looking beird I've ever seen) was likely what it made me see in her, a very serious bravery to break convention, a lack of fear about her own physical eccentricities, a pride in herself based ON herself.

She was just astounding. I'll never forget her.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Zae~Zae
Activist

posted 02-26-2002 01:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Zae~Zae     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I shave my legs in the summer time, and i shave my underarms just about all year long. Now I am uses methods of hair removal on my stomach. It is so hairy and I hate that. I don't care too much about other places, but I prefer my stomach area to be smooth and hairless. That's important because I enjoy wearing midriffs, tube tops, and bikinis and tankinis in the summer (it's extremely hot here in the summer).

I wonder, if I plucked enough will the hair in that area stop growing? I might test this!

Question: Has anyone tried NADS?

tasha
Activist

posted 02-26-2002 01:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
In the summer, or anytime i'm going to have bare legs, I shave them. Other places I'm not so meticulous with...I'll shave under my arms every couple of days, because I don't like the idea of hair being there. It just feels odd. In the winter, I generally couldn't care less about having stubble...although, honestly, sometimes I simply *enjoy* shaving...to me there's something very relaxing and calming about the whole process, and i adore the smell of shave gel (am i the only one?!)

quote:
Originally posted by Zae~Zae:
Question: Has anyone tried NADS?

And to Zae~Zae, I tried NADS last summer, and it was basically just messy. It pulled off like 1/2 of the hairs in the space I put the strip on, and while it felt really nice and smooth in those areas for like a week or so after, I don't really think it was worth it, because I wound up still having to shave all the inbetween spots where it didn't get all the hair off. On a side note, though, my bf at the time really wanted to see if it would get the thick dark hair he had on the top of his feet off, because he was so self-conscious about it, and it worked really well for him! So, in my experience, it seems to work better on non-traditional places, like guys' backs and legs and stuff, than it does on a girl's legs...

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

lemming
Advocate

posted 02-26-2002 01:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lemming     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
re the NADS, that is probably because any form of sugaring or waxing requires that the hair there be quite long, so that the stuff can attach itself to the hair. if you didn't let the hair on your legs grow out to at least 1/4", and better yet, 1/2", it's not going to get all the hair out.

tasha
Activist

posted 02-26-2002 02:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for tasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I hadn't shaved in like 6 weeks, since i did it during the winter. So I'm guessing the hair was probably long enough...But my hair's really fine, maybe that has something to do with it? either way, no more Nads for me

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte

posted 02-27-2002 04:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I want to try NADS, but hey everyone, never use that epilstop stuff. Omg! It smells so horrible, like rank lemons that have been buried in an even ranker garbage can. And it also itches like hell. And sometimes even burns. It's so nasty. What a waste of 75$

------------------
~**Pamela**~

indigodazed
Activist

posted 02-27-2002 04:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for indigodazed     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I've never used nads or sugaring or waxing. I've never plucked my eyebrows. I have no tolerance for pain.

Miss Thang
Activist

posted 02-27-2002 07:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Thang     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i shave a lot. i wish i didn't. well, actually, i like shaving my legs- it feels nice and smooth and soft. but as for my armpits- i'd absolutely love to grow that hair out, but unfortunately i can't bring myself to do it. shaving my armpits is the biggest hassle. i always, without fail, get horrible razor burn there, and it's so so itchy. i like how it looks though. i don't have a problem with hairy people.

since i am recovering from anorexia, i have something called lanugo- which, by the way, i learned about at scarleteen . but so i have a lot of hair on my stomach, back, and arms. it's very thin hair though, and blonde, so you can't really see it at all, but you can feel it. i tried to shave the stomach hair a few months ago, and then when i was with my boyfriend later, he was like kissing my stomach- and he was like, "your stomach is like, sharp". hahaha. but yeah, lanugo sucks. but i wouldn't ever shave my arm, back, ass, or stomach hair again, because it just grows back sticking straight out instead of laying flat. not good. so anyways, that's my feeling on body hair.

and as for the bearded lady- that takes guts, man. i wish i could be that gutsy. oh well. but anyways, how could she grow a beard? i've never had to take care of facial hair. i know that some people bleach or wax their lip, but i never knew women could have a beard. is it some genetic problem? i knew there were bearded ladies in the "freak shows", but i thought it was fake, i guess. well anywho...

------------------
"i just found out there's no such thing as the real world/ just a lie you've got to rise above" John Mayer

TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte

posted 02-27-2002 08:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
sorry to post twice! i thought it didn't go through. teehee.

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Celtic Daisy
Advocate

posted 02-27-2002 09:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Celtic Daisy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey, just a note twisted...you can edit your message by pressing one of the 3 little icons at the top of your post. Where it has a little piece of paper and a pencil on it, click that, and edit away!

------------------
"No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Rizzo
Activist

posted 02-28-2002 01:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rizzo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Miss Thang: yes, as far as I know, it's pretty rare for women to grow a full beard. I've heard that it's possible to encourage beard growth by repeatedly shaving your face, but some women do grow them naturally. Some people are just hairier than others.

Milke
Activist

posted 02-28-2002 02:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Accidental double-posting isn't something to worry about. I have special powers which enable me to delete stuff, and I use them wisely. *g*

Lilfran14
Activist

posted 02-28-2002 07:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lilfran14     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
well i myself find it very gross, and most of my guy friends find it very unattractive. no guy wants to date a girl with little hairs sticking out from under places, or even facial hair that girls sometimes get very lightly, i really hate that, so i pluck those as fast as i can.

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~
"No i dont want to meet ur friends,
and i dont want to start over again
i just want my life to be the same just like it
use to be"

"In the land of the free, home of the brave, why is it that i still feel like a slave.?"

lemming
Advocate

posted 02-28-2002 09:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lemming     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yo, lilfran, I have to take issue with this:

quote:
no guy wants to date a girl with little hairs sticking out from under places, or even facial hair that girls sometimes get very lightly

I've just asked one guy and he said he definitely didn't mind, and then he even kissed me.

So, sorry to throw off your statistics, but it's obvious that not every guy feels this way. And let's remember not to make any disparaging comments or sweeping generalizations, okay?

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

ookuotoe
Advocate

posted 02-28-2002 09:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ookuotoe     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Actually my (male) partner loves my body hair and finds it rather sexy. Which is a Good Thing because I love it too and have no intention of removing it.

I'm simply more comfortable this way. Since I love my body hair I never look in the mirror and see something that needs to be changed - even after not shaving for nearly four years.

That is especially cool since I can still *clearly* remember the days of poor self esteem I had in middle school. Everything in that mirror needed to be changed back then.

punknpretty
Neophyte

posted 03-11-2002 06:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for punknpretty     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't have issues with body hair, though I do shave my legs, underarms, and some pubes. I shave under my arms on a reg. basis because it bothers me when I am sleeping, and I shave my legs when I feel the urge or am going to wear shorts/skirt. My pubes on the other hand I shave, well more like keep in check because one time they got stuck in a zipper. can we say OUCH? But who cares anyway? Hair is naturel, if you want it then keep it and if you don't there is always a gillette razor (sp?)

Kelsbels
Neophyte

posted 03-12-2002 08:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kelsbels     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i'm really confused about where exactly pubic hair is suppossed to grow. I'm afraid i might be abnormal and have hair growing way too far down there...like on the lips..i know this might sound gross, but i have been so severely insecure about this forever and i've only let one guy touch me down there and i wish i could get some answers so maybe i can be more self-confident...thanks!

Milke
Activist

posted 03-12-2002 09:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Kels, female pubic hair is found on the mons (pubic triangle; fleshy bit at the top), outer labia, around the anus, and sometimes the inner thighs. And it's more apparent on some people than others. You sound absolutely normal to me.

The Shy One
Activist

posted 03-13-2002 10:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for The Shy One     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm big on the hair removal situation. I shave my legs whenever they are going to be seen, which means the days I have gymnastics, or almost everyday in the summer. (If I don't get them waxed)

I get my eyebrows waxed whenever they need it, which is about once a month or so. I could tweeze them, but I don't trust myself. I'm afraid I'd go tweeze happy It's easier for me to pay $7 and get them waxed.

Underarms: Whenever there is hair there. Every other day I guess.

Bikini line: In the summer, or if I have a gymnastics competition and have to wear those dumb suits.

The Shy One

Scorpio
Activist

posted 03-13-2002 11:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Scorpio     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well like a bunch of people here i started shaving when i was 13. I started because everyone else was doing it which made me embarassed to have hairy legs and arm pits. Well it didn't last long. 8 months ago i finaly started to realize i don't care what others do or think of me. I didn't enjoy shaving my legs so i stopped. I grew to love my hairy legs really fast. It feels really natural and i love how it looks. I shave my arm pits occasionally. Arm pit hair doesn't bother me anymore. Also on me it doesn't grow very fast at all for some reason. It was weird; the time i started shavingw as the exact same time i met my boyfriend. He likes my hairy leg which is nice

My opinion on bodyhair on guys is that to me if they have it thats cool and if they don't thats cool too. My boyfriend has all the normal body hair for guys. He doesn't have a hairy chest or back though. He actually has grown out his beard which i really enjoy!

Vodou
Neophyte

posted 03-24-2002 08:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Vodou     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I used to cycle alot in Africa...it was a wise idea to shave your legs (even though im male) but not only cuaz i used to cycle but in African bush...you dont wanna know what sits in your hair(eek!).those days are over now and i dont shave my legs.But i have once attempted to shave my pubs..(NOT A GOOD IDEA)i was really itchy???and it just didnt look right!

But i really like a woman to shave under her arms...and i dont mind her pubs if she has a few but not alot..i think she should shave then!

Gumdrop Girl
Sexpert

posted 03-24-2002 12:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
about the Nads and the boyfriends

i have used Nads, and it's not so bad. It's not great, but what method of hair removal isn't without its share of drawbacks?

as for the boyfriend, i used to shave compulsively if i was going out with a boy. i was afraid he'd be repulsed by my cactus legs. but after dating one guys steadily for 6 months, i stopped caring since he had laready seen me in worse conditions. and he really didn't care. even when i let my legs get really hairy, i asked, "does this bother you at all (pointing to the legs)?" and he just shrugged and said no.

i did shave shortly thereafter for the reason that it was getting horribly uncomfortable. it's like velcro on my jeans. not great under panty hose, either, with it all sticking out and/or getting smushed.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2004 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c

Google