Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards

Bathing suit blunders!

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bathing suit blunders!
Doe4youbaby
Activist

posted 07-03-2001 08:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Doe4youbaby     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hey for a kick What was your most embarrassing thing that happened between you and your swim suit?
-----------------------------------------

Mine was when I was at the beach and I had this really cute strapless bakinni on and I unhooked it to go tanning and then this guy mark from school walked up to surprise me and I got up but forgot too hook it back up...can wee say oops!
lol

------------------
*~ And the beat goes on~*
~*Ya da dada de~*
~*ya da da da dum~*

IP: Logged

AngelElisheva
Activist

posted 07-03-2001 08:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AngelElisheva     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hahaha, good topic!

Mine came last year, when I was wearing a suit that my mother had bought for me without my trying it on. It was a size too big, but I figured, OK, whatever, won't make a difference. HAH!! I went off of a diving board, and not only did my breasts completely fall out of the top, but the bottoms rolled completely down, exposing my entire rear end! Needless to say, I haven't worn that suit in a while.

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

girly2499
Activist

posted 07-03-2001 08:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for girly2499     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doe4youbaby:
Hey for a kick What was your most embarrassing thing that happened between you and your swim suit?

heh. i was at the pool last year and i dove off the high dive. my top had like no elastic and it would push up. well it got pushed up and i flashed a [large] crowd. including guys i knew.

Pixie69
Advocate

posted 07-03-2001 08:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Pixie69     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Oi oi! I have the classic bathing suit blunder. I was at the end of the year pool party for my dance team, and wasn't going to swim because the clasp on the back of my bikini top was broken, and held together with a mere rubberband. Well, I figured that I was superwoman, and nothing bad could happen to me because I was karmaically balanced (ha). So I went swimming anyway. It wasn't a problem until we all started doing various types of jumps and flips into the pool (did I mention we were a dance team? yeah..) Well, a friend had challenged me over who could do the most things. When it came time for the one handed cartwheel, my top decided to come off in mid air. Fortunatly my best friend was near with a tee shirt (albeit a white one).

I'm not sure if this counts as a bathing suit blunder per se, but it sure was embarrasing! At a synchro meet there was a solo (me) and a duet (two friends). One friend dyed her hair the night before, and couldn't get it wet. So the three of us had to wear swim caps. Mine came off during my solo, and the judges marked points off! Fortunatly, it was retrieved by the next team when they did a move and it got caught on someones foot Thank ye much, muwahaha. We lost anyway, but it was fun.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Gumdrop Girl
Advocate

posted 07-03-2001 08:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i took a dive and the top part of my one-piece kinda slipped off, but i managed to get it all back into place while i was submerged so no one saw.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

~You*Know*Who~
Activist

posted 07-16-2001 09:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think a "bathing suit oppsie" happens to every girl atleast once.

Mine happened in a pool in a hotel 2 years ago. I was in the pool and had a top on that I thought was tight enough to stay down. This guy that was with us (one I didn't like AT ALL, and who is a COMPLETE jerk) decided it would be funny to throw me off the deep end. He went to grab me and I fought him. When I hit the water my top flew up. This guy ended up likeing me. And I could not stand him. To this day I make sure theres a bra top under my tankinis.

Milke
Advocate

posted 07-16-2001 09:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Milke     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, white transparent bikini.

surferChicka
Activist

posted 07-17-2001 03:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for surferChicka     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ah! i wore a new suit to go surfing, and the waves were big that day. after the first wipeout, i emerged with one boob popping out of one side. and i did end up flashing my two (girl) friends, and this one guy i knew.

haven't worn that suit for a LLLOOONNNGGG TIME!

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Eve_iLL
Neophyte

posted 08-01-2001 06:52 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Eve_iLL     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ok well this is not mine, but it's an aquaintance of mine:

In middle school we all had to wear like these horrible swimsuits which were always really loose, especially since they expanded when you went in the water. We all had to tie them back with strings ripped of towels. Well this aquaintance of mine was sitting on the edge of the pool during open gym where all the girls and guys classes are in the gym at the same time. Well I think I was the first to notice but one of her boobs had been out of her suit for a while and no one noticed. I told people with me and we all yelled her name (we were across the pool) and finally she noticed and covered herself up. The thing is she was talking to friends and no one noticed, or at least no one said anything... it was funny, because I kinda disliked the girl at the time.

------------------
Not Unusual

SolitaryTear
unregistered
posted 08-01-2001 01:34 PM           Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Okay, I didn't want to be cliched but oh well, looks like I'm going to be.

Last summer (2001) I was wearing my old bathing suit that was black and the top zipped down to my belly button. Well, I liked to show off my cleavage so I unzipped it just a tad bit. My friend was like "have you ever heard of the dolphin splash" I was like, of course not! Well, he showed me what it is (it's where you go completely underwater so you are squating underwater and then you hold your hands and arms tightly to your sides, and jump out of the water seeing how far you can come out and if you come far enough out you can flip your body over and splash in face first and it looks like a dolphin). So I was like, boy I have you beat, and I went down, still not thinking about the top of my suit, and I went full blast out of the water when I felt my boobs pop completely out of my bathing suit! To top it off, my nipples were cold (girls, you know what that means) and so he got a good look at just about everything!

I have another one where I didn't shave my bikini line because I was on my period. Well, I was at the pool and I was wearing a pad (I know, it sounds stupid, but I can't wear tampons). Well, I know this sounds gross, but my boyfriend decided to swim underwater to see what everything looks like "down there". He swam down and he came back up laughing hysterically! I was like "Justin, what are you laughing at," he said, "it's a jungle down there". I felt so embarrassed, and then he decided to later sneak up on me and give me a killer crotch wedgie! Well, he was underwater and he saw my pad, and it floated up and went right next to these two little kids. The kids started screaming and crying! Oh my goodness, it was embarrassing!

Sincerely,
Amanda

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

blackbird
Activist

posted 08-01-2001 02:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for blackbird     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
i feel weird now..nothing has ever happened that was embarassing involving me and a bathing suit..

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

blackbird's blog

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 08-01-2001 02:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Me either, blackbird, so it's okay.

...unless, of course, wearing a bright purple velvet ruched tank suit is embarassing all by itself, but given it was 1979, I think I get some leeway there.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

towel42
Activist

posted 08-03-2001 10:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for towel42     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
See people, this is why I don't bother to wear bathing suits. Or swim. Or go anywhere near a beach or pool, LoL.

Nothing's happened to me, but, something did happen to my mom. It was set up so perfectly it could've been in a sitcom.

She was around 19, and wore a little yellow bikini to go water-skiing. So, she was skiing away, when the itsy top popped off. She dropped into the water as quickly as she could, but some of her guy-friends on the boat got a good show. They decided to steal the top (which was floating on the water) and wave it over her head, saying things like "come and get it!".

Now that's embarrasing.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Dream dangerous, and thanks for the poem!"
- what Neil Gaiman signed in my copy of "American Gods". I gave him a poem I wrote.

"Christina Aguilera tried to make out with me! But I shut her down!" -Joel from Good Charlotte. Its a loooong story. ;)

SirenMissy
Neophyte

posted 08-05-2001 11:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for SirenMissy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think I was 15 or 16 at the time, I went with 2 guys (a potential boyfriend and a neighbor friend) to the community swimming pool. I guess I was trying to impress the potential boyfriend by doing flips off the dive board and trying to syncronize swim in the pool. Well when I finally got out of the pool, little did I know half of my swimsuit rolled up in the back in the butt area and my white buttcheeks were exposed for the whole world to see. Just about everyone there saw!! Ahhhh!!!

------------------
~Melissa

When life gives you lemons, put them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger!

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2001 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c