Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards
  Town Hall
  ingrown hairs?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   ingrown hairs?
angel545
Neophyte

posted 06-27-2001 05:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for angel545     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
what exactly are ingrown hairs? i'm not sure that if i had em i would know i did. thanks!

IP: Logged

lilnerd
Activist

posted 06-27-2001 05:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lilnerd     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ingrown hairs happen when hair is growing, and one way or another becomes diverted. A lot of times the surrounding skin becomes irritated. It's fairly obvious because a lot of time you can see the actual hair, sometimes it can appear to be something else.

CallMeBuffChick
Activist

posted 06-27-2001 07:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
But if you're having unprotected sexually actives you may want to go get tested for an STD. That ingrown hair may be HPV or Herpes. Sometimes it can just be a pimple.

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

angel545
Neophyte

posted 06-27-2001 09:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for angel545     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
so it is a hair with red, irritated skin around it? is it usually just one or a bunch al together? i dont have them but im just curious

CallMeBuffChick
Activist

posted 06-27-2001 11:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm guessing an ingrown pubic hair would like just the same as if you had an ingrown hair on your leg, armpit, or eyebrow.

Aquamarine
Activist

posted 06-27-2001 11:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Aquamarine     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Here's an actual definition of "ingrown hairs" -- http://www.ingrownhairs.com/definition.html .

Ingrown hairs may result from various hair removal processes. Because "ingrown hairs" is plural, I would assume that it refers to more than one ingrown hair.

[This message has been edited by Aquamarine (edited 06-27-2001).]

LilBlueSmurf
Advocate

posted 06-28-2001 10:42 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well in my personal experiences, they're pretty painful. Just itchy, sore bumpy things that spew pus when/if you pop them (if they're infected). Not fun huh?

You can make the swelling go down by soaking in a tub of hot water w/ some epsom salts ... or taking a facecloth and a bowl of hot water and applying hot compresses. It's extremely important that you don't squeeze these things too too hard ... You can send the infection into your bloodstream, then you're really in trouble.

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2001 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c