Sound Off - Scarleteen Boards

good girls did, and still do... i think?? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   good girls did, and still do... i think??
Dead Dog
Activist

posted 01-21-2001 06:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dead Dog     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
this may sound like an odd topic, but lemming and i were discussing it earlier, and i wanted to get some other opinions on it.

do any of you remember when you first started masturbating? i'm curious about other girls especially, though male input is always welcome, too. ;-)

lemming and i remember it starting around age 5 or 6... we didn't necessarily know what it was we were doing at the time, but we were definately doing it. a lot. and it continued regularly all through chidlhood, puberty, and adolescence. and we're still doing it, of course (self-sex is the safest sex! hehe).

i was just wondering if it was typical for girls to start that young, or if we're in a minority... curious to hear y'all's thoughts... =)

------------------
Ignore the Gable candle!
http//www.geocities.com/musingkitten23

IP: Logged

mamaalli
Activist

posted 01-21-2001 07:14 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mamaalli     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I remember masturbating at that age. Lots of pillow- rubbing going on then. At about 10 I stole my parents back massager. Then I discovered the art of manual stimulation and managed that way until I hit the magical 18 and was able to buy a vibrator of my own. :::love song plays softly in the backround::::

aaaahhh, the joys of masturbation! heehee

lemming
Advocate

posted 01-21-2001 10:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for lemming     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey, dead dog chickie-poo.

actually, the first time I masturbated, I was probably around 7. I did do it a lot, and still do. ;]

a girl I was sort of friends with showed me how (by rubbing herself) when we were in a back room at day care after school.

and I didn't know what it was or that there was any stigma to it till I got to 9th grade and heard someone talking bad about a girl because she "fingered" herself. I guess I sorta figured it out from there, between that and Judy Blume books.

and then it was on to reading, reading all the time and now sex, non-fiction, was the subject. fun, fun - but at least it gives me information to share with you guys, right? and the guy who must have had a huge impact on my sexuality, my first boyfriend, first kiss, first admitting to anyone else (and someone of the opposite sex!) that I masturbated - and the guy who discovered that he's gay. wow.

anyway.

that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
Ike Ike Go Go Jump!

Etch
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 12:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Etch     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I dont remember exactly when i started.... i was probably 8 or 9. I remember i was masturbating the first time i got my period just days after my 11th b-day. However i just used phallic objects and never knew exactly what it was untill i was in 7th grade and i heard about orgasms for the first time. i had never had one before. To be 100% honest i didnt learn to orgasm untill just AFTER i first came to this site. that was sometime this past summer i think. After i learned to climax i would do it several times daily. Now i just do it every once and a while.

Lin
Advocate

posted 01-22-2001 01:17 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Lin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
^5 mamaalli.

I was probably 5 or 6 when I realised that intimate contact with my pillow made me very happy.

I continued doing it until I was older and realised that what I had been doing had a name. Masturbating. And I still use my trusty pillow.

muddcookie
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 02:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for muddcookie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Whoops! *hehe*

I don't really know the mechanics of masterbation, is the general meaning just anyway you can sexually satisfy yourself by yourself? Hmm i've probably done it before, but i've never i think actually tried. i guess im a prune hehe

i'll learn sooner or later

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 01-22-2001 03:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Let me just put my former Kindergarten and Pre-K teacher hat back on for a minute.

Folks, if you really want to know if most people masturbate when they're young, go sit in an afternoon at a Kindergarten or Pre-K classroom where they have nap time.

Because lemme tell ya, I'd be hard pressed to think of a kid in nearly ten years of teaching who I did NOT at one time or another have to softly walk to their cot and whisper in their ear gently "Sweetie, that's something to do at home, okay?"

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Rizzo
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 04:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rizzo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Quite right Miz Scarlet... I definitely remember masturbating at that age. I used to do it at day care, too, with the felt puppets they had... I'm so embarassed now, but I didn't think it was weird back then. Anyway, I started really young, probably around age 3.

Daisyluv
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 04:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Daisyluv     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I remember having fun with my pillow around 4 or 5, it didn't seem wrong cause I was told it was something mommies and daddies did and like most others I didn't know what I was doing in a sexual sense.

Miz Scarlet
Sexpert

posted 01-22-2001 04:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Miz Scarlet     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
...and I'll bet you never thought about who had to CLEAN those felt puppets, now did you!?!

VeNT
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 05:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for VeNT     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
me errr since i was 8/9 maybe a bit eirlyer but not mutch
my girlfrend well since 2-3 months ago!

------------------
-------------------
head like a hole, go get ur sole, I'd rather die, than you have control.
-------------------
My web site
coming soon AN UPDATE!
new pics
total REVAMP OF THE WHOLE SITE!
if i get any ideas!
[email=famin@btinternet.com]mail[/email] me....please? i realy need some insparation!

Dead Dog
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 05:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dead Dog     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
wow, thanks for all the replies, guys.

i always feel so much more *normal* after discussing stuff like this. i used to wonder if i was strange for having started so young, but now i know better. ;-)

i still know girls - 18, 19, 20 years old - who deny ever masturbating and say it is a depraved activity reserved solely for depraved people.

i feel sorry for them for feeling that way!! ;-)

Etch
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 05:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Etch     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well, i had to convince my boyfriend to masturbate. There were times when we were 2000 miles away and he was feeling a little.... frisky... but he would refuse to masturbate. He thought that it was gross and that he had enough self controll to wait untill he could have me. But i was able to cinvince him to just TRY it for me. Turns out it actually kinda feels good!! WOW. He still thinks its weird but he enjoys himself. He was 17 the first time he masturbated and knew that was what he was doing. So that takes him out of the 2% who doesnt masturbate. (and trust me, he is way more in tune with his sexual self now )

KittenGoddess
Sexpert

posted 01-22-2001 07:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for KittenGoddess     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The first time I remember doing anything like that I was about 12 I think. Even at 12 I know I had no idea what I was doing or why, but I had found my mom's romance novel collection, and started to wonder exactly what was going on down there. And at the time I really didn't get anything out of it, except a better understanding of what all that stuff was. And then I started going to a Christian school, where anything like that would have sent me straight to hell, so there was a healthy does of guilt tacked onto any sexual feeling...so it didn't really occur to me to even consider masturbating. Then I got into college, and it took a while, but I shook off that guilt. And while I don't masturbate very often, at least I know what's going on, and I don't feel bad about it anymore. Maybe after I get this whole "orgasm" thing figured out it'll get better...I dunno.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."
~Joan Crawford

Sexy1985
Activist

posted 01-22-2001 08:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sexy1985     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I was 14 the first time I masterbated. I remember "touching" myself at an earier age..but it certainly wasn't masterbating. It was just...umm....exploring?? LOL.

Rizzo
Activist

posted 01-23-2001 09:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rizzo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hahaha Miz Scarlet...

Nope, I didn't think about it then, but I do now, after volunteering at a daycare and a kindergarten class

AshleyInABottle
Activist

posted 01-23-2001 03:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for AshleyInABottle     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think I started around age 6 maybe. It was kind of funny..I was sitting in a chair at my grandmother's being bored, and she was snoozing on the couch, and well..it all goes from there!

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Eclipse
Activist

posted 01-23-2001 08:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Eclipse     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I remember playing "doctor" and "changing diapers" in the girls' bathroom in kindergarten... I had a stuffed penguin at home with a long stiff beak who was my "doctor" at home at that age. I don't remember such things from gradeschool though, although I *do* remember having very elaborate, well, in retrospect I guess they were sort of the childhood equivalent of sadomasochistic fantasies. In the car sometimes I'd think about people being tied down and put on conveyer belts through various spikey lashy torture apparatus. And every now and then I'd sit on something spikey at home or something like that. This was when I was, oh, 7 - 9 years old or so. I remember talking to a girl friend from school, when she came to my house just before she moved away, and finding out that she liked doing that too. Some years later, when I was 11 or so and my best friend was over, we were playing with our dolls and started talking about those torture fantasies--turned out she'd had them too! has anyone else experienced that sort of thing? Was I just more repressed than usual?

The first time I masturbated to orgasm, or knew that I was masturbating, was when I was eleven. I remember being totally thrilled with my new discovery. It was a Friday night, and I spent the rest of the evening thinking to myself, "Wow, now I never have to be bored or unhappy again! If I can't sleep, I'll just play with myself! If I don't feel well, I'll just play with myself!..." and so on. I also remember looking up the word "masturbation," 'cause I knew there was a word, but I couldn't remember it. I enjoyed it a great deal for, oh, almost a year, and then started feeling guilty about it. It was free floating, unjustified guilt, although the usual excuse I made to myself was "It's not BAD, it's just that, there are OTHER things that I SHOULD be doing instead..." but I really did feel pretty bad. After a couple years though, that faded away though. And even when I felt bad, I still did it a lot. I used piles of pillows and long thin things and spit and vaseline, I read graphic descriptions of animals doing it in my collection of natural history type books, I acted out fantasies with my dolls... we had one of those shower massagers... I always wanted a vibrator, and even considered trying to make use of the vacuum cleaner many years ago, but I realized it'd probably land me in the hospital. Of course, MOST of the time I didn't use anything but me, myself, and my hand.

DC_WillowFan
Activist

posted 01-26-2001 08:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for DC_WillowFan     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't remember exactly at what age it was but I guess I was about 11 years old. I was about to take a shower when I got hard and I started playing with myself. I didn't had an orgasm that time but I learned to get one after "practicing" some time.

I still do it and don't always get full satisfaction but I always enjoy it. But at least I have control on myself.

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

nikki2137
Neophyte

posted 01-27-2001 03:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nikki2137     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
maybe im just plain wierd, but i grew up going to christian schools. i dont recall ever masturbating. im now at a public highschool, with normal kids, and they all do it. but maybe its not for me, being that i never really learned about sex. ha ha, in 6th grade i lost my sex ed permission slip, and never bothered to get a new one. so i sat in the library that week reading books about magic. so call me crazy, but i never have masturbated

surferChicka
Activist

posted 01-28-2001 01:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for surferChicka     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
*whew!* im relieved! and i thought i was the only one who started at a young age. i remember i was about 4 or 5 when i was watching tv with my dad. i saw these two people kiSSing in a car and i duNNo, something just haPPened! i discovered that it felt nice and i stiLL do it today.

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

PoetgirlNY
Advocate

posted 01-28-2001 12:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for PoetgirlNY     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I too started at an early age. Actually I don't remember a time when I didn't masturbate. I know that by the time I was three I knew what masturbation was. One night when I was about 3 I was in bed with my parents watching TV and I was under the covers. For whatever reason, my mother thought I was masturbating(I wasn't). She said, "-------, if you want to masturbate, you need to go to your room." I remember being really mad because I wasn't masturbating at all, just watching TV. Whatever. And then when I was 5 I started playing BDSM fantasy games with my friends. I played those games with 3 friends, all of which were girls. One of us would be the princess, and the other one would be every other character in the story. Somehow, at the end the princess would always end up being tied up and spanked "in the middle of the center of the town square." Of course, it was ALWAYS the middle ages. Oh, we were imaginative little ones. I still talk to the original girl who I played with. She claims not to remember any of it.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

magpie
Advocate

posted 01-28-2001 01:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for magpie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I didn't start till I read one of those "growing up" books in fourth grade. I read about it and I decided I wanted to try it. It was really nice, but then my friends decided it was gross, so I didn't do it again for a while. Then after I got a boyfriend and he fingered me I remembered how good it felt and I'm back to doing it again.

CallMeBuffChick
Activist

posted 01-28-2001 03:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hmm...I don't really remember when I first started to, but I do remember rubbing my hymen wondering what it was. I would also use my Barbies and this big bear I had. After one night I used it, I put it in the back of my closet because I was so "dirty". I really starting masturbating in 7th grade, but I didn't have my first orgasm till 8th grade. After I watched American Pie for the first time and figured out what an orgasm was I thought I'd give it a try. Ever since then I been hooked.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

"No one can stop you from who you love and the one love is who you love."

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Sunnie
Neophyte

posted 01-29-2001 10:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Sunnie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi I just joined and this is my first post Hopefully I won't sound like a geek

Hmmm..I don't remember when I first started "touching" myself... I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. I had no idea what I was doing..all I knew was I liked touching my body.. especially my nipples and 'down there'
When I was about 10 years old or so, I found a book of (ewww) my mom's called "101 Ways to Have an Orgasm Whenever You Want" I kinda knew what an orgasm was, but I had no idea how you had one, so I started reading the book.
The first chapter was about masturbation.
It took me a lot of practice to be able to achieve orgasm. I got close alotta times, but I always stopped. Now I do it all the time My boyfriend is waiting till marriage to have sex, so we pretty much stick to.. I guess itz phone sex... which is great. We even showed each other how we like to masturbate and now we do it for each other.

------------------
~*Sunnie*~

[This message has been edited by Sunnie (edited 01-29-2001).]

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are CT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | Scarleteen: Sex Ed for the Real World

Copyright 1997, 2001 Scarlet Letters/Scarleteen

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.45c