This is topic Is a doctor needed? in forum Bodies at Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive).

To visit this topic, use this URL:

Posted by frenchy (Member # 11720) on :
All last week i had a strange discharge, white that seemed a little like cottage cheese but stayed on and around the lips down there (never went on my underwear), i was also a little irritated there.
The discharge has disappeared, but its still irritated.
Should i go to the doctor about this, or is it most likely this will pass by it self?
Posted by celery (Member # 5594) on :
I think it would be best to get it checked out by a doctor since it sounds alot like a yeast infection.

Since it's still irritating you I would really reccomend it. I don't think yeast infections really just pass by themselves and it will save you alot of discomfort.

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3