Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Something i'd like to share

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something i'd like to share
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 7 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys... I've been around scarlateen reading some of the stuff cause i've been really worried these last days, but today i have something i'd like to share.
I'm 23 years old and just lost my virginity.
Guess, despite the age, i'm still not mature to do stuff like that and i think i might suffer from some baaad kind of anxiety. xD
But here goes my story:
I'm having my first bf, and doing the first things ever with him.
The day we had actual sex, he didn't came, but i got really nervous about the precum thing... So i took an emergency pill about 8hours later.
One week later, i got my period, it lasted about 7 days...
Even that i knew, he didn't came, that i got my period, and the chances of the emergency pill work on me (cause it was the first time that i had taken one of those) was pretty certain... i was still freaking out, cause i'm not ready to be pregnant and i don't feel like i could ever be.
So i made an hcg blood test in which the result was negative, my period ended... but i was still worried thinkin about the minor chances of things going wrong...
I was reading soooo many things that was making me scared and i started feeling nausea...
So today (24 days after i had unprotected sex), i went to the pharmacy and bought a test... and guess what?! I'M REALLY NOT PREGNANT! [Big Grin]
(obviously!)
What i really feel i need to share is... don't freak out if you're passing through some doubts and fears! Find ways to know for sure you're okay!
Cause if you're feeling scared and reading too much stuff that doesn't aways are true u may feel really worst...
Keep calm, always!
After that reckless action of mine, of having unprotected sex... i promised myself that i would never be so stupid again and started taking birth control pills as well using condoms, wich is the way that makes me feel safe.

Thank you for your attention!
I really appreciate if someone read this cause i got no one to share aaalllll that was going on.

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi 183791, and welcome to the boards.

I'm glad you were able to sort out contraception methods you feel comfortable with and that helped you feel more secure. Not using reliable methods of contraception is one common, and real, reason why people worry a lot about possible pregnancy.

Emergency contraception has the same chance of being effective no matter how many times someone has already taken it. It's simply more likely to be effective the sooner after a risk it's taken.

You're absolutely right about all the inaccurate and panicky things on the internet about possible pregnancy. That stuff is like tank-fulls of oxygen to the flame of worry! Best to avoid it if people don't want to feed their worry-flames [Smile]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.