Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Need someone to talk too.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need someone to talk too.
mgirlygirl
Neophyte
Member # 110140

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mgirlygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone,

I really need someone to talk to, I am giving myself anxiety and I feel really sad. Anyone advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I was suppose to get my period 5days ago and it still hasnt come. I feel nothing and usually I get cramping and bloating before any period. I have been off the pill for a year now. During the pill I would miss my period often, but never before have I missed a period off the pill and its really scaring me. Me and my bf have been together for a while and we have not had intercourse yet because i get anxiety over pregnacy risks and my bf understands. We do other stuff and since my period hasnt come I am worried about a pregnacy risk. I have been told by many ppl that there is no risk but i dont know why i still think there is a risk.

If there is no risk where is my period? I know stress, eating habits, excersize can all effect but what if there is something wrong?

Please anyone?

--------------------
mazoriana

Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Throughout your reproductive lifetime, I can promise you that there will be times that something major or minor about your periods change, and that sometimes they will be later or earlier than expected, or even skipped. All even if you never, ever become pregnant. [Smile]

If you are worried you may be pregnant and want an answer to that, the only way to get that for sure is by taking a pregnancy test.

If you want help managing anxiety, your very best bet is to consult with a mental healthcare provider.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mgirlygirl
Neophyte
Member # 110140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgirlygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we didnt have intercourse. They only way sperm could have been tranferred is on the hands. He said he is sure there was nothing on his hands.... So no direct contact.

Really? What happens if you dont shed your egg that month?I thought your body is suppose to shed it? You just dont produce one that month? I dont understand....

--------------------
mazoriana

Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, but you are worried about pregnancy, even knowing that. Sometimes just taking that test and seeing that negative result can do a whole lot to help when a person is worried about pregnancy. [Smile]

And yep, really.

Ovums (eggs) do not get "shed," so I am not sure what you mean. During a period, it is the uterine lining that is shed. And some months, every now and then, enough of that lining doesn't build up, or hormonal signals get crossed due to about a million possible factors, so people can skip a period. It will not happen often to most people, but it will usually happen at least once or twice in a lifetime.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mgirlygirl
Neophyte
Member # 110140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgirlygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel really embaressed going to the store to buy one, exspecially in a really public place..... I would like to take one though, i think it would make me feel better.

Oh i was confused then, I always thought we released an ovum every month and the blood that is produced is the ovum releasing. Then in a month us woman produce a new ovum and the cycle repeats itself again. So its the uterine lining that we shed and thats the blood that we see. Oh okay I understand now.

--------------------
mazoriana

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people really don't notice what other people are buying - they're too busy thinking about their own lives [Smile] And cashiers serve so many people that they're not going to think about it either. The most important thing is what you need, not what other people might think.

If you'd like to know more about periods and the menstrual cycle, you could have a read of Heather's article: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mgirlygirl
Neophyte
Member # 110140

So i ended up getting a pregnancy test. I followed the directions and it said i was not pregnant. Im just scared its something serious now though. Like never before have i skipped my period. It only happend while i was on birth control. I havent been on birth control for 1 year. Should i talk to my doctor?

--------------------
mazoriana

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One late or missing period is not a big deal. If it would make you feel better, you can certainly talk to your doctor about this, however.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.