Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Is there anyway I could be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there anyway I could be pregnant?
krissy4789
Neophyte
Member # 110227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krissy4789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On April 5th, my boyfriend and I had an "in the moment" sex thing, unprotected, for about 20 seconds or under. He did not finish inside me. Though he was in me for such a short amount of time, I know that pre-ejaculation can make me pregnant. The next day, about 18 hours later, I was able to make it to the pharmacy and took the Plan B One-Step pill. Also, my period ended 2-3 days prior to Saturday night, so odds were that I was not ovulating. About a week later I experienced period like bleeding but it only lasted 3 days, not my normal 5 day.

It's been 28 days and I took two pregnancy tests, and they both came out negative, but I'm still 3 days late on my period.

Could I be pregnant?

Sorry, I know I'm throwing a lot of information out there. I know unprotected sex is stupid but it lasted such a short amount of time because we both knew how stupid it was. I suffer from an anxiety issue so I'm stressing hard over this and have never taken Plan B before this happened.

Thanks to all who help.

Posts: 1 | From: US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the most common side effects of Plan B is to throw your menstrual cycle out of whack for a few cycles, so the fact that your period hasn't arrived yet isn't unusual.

Since you've taken pregnancy tests that have come back negative, that's a very clear sign you aren't pregnant!

If you and your partner aren't up to date on STI testing, that's something you'll want to take care of, since unprotected intercourse carries the risk of STI transmission as well.

One thing you can do to reduce these worries in the future is to keep some condoms & lube on hand so that if you do decide to have intercourse, you will be adequately prepared!

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.