Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Waiting for period, minor pregnancy scare strikes back

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waiting for period, minor pregnancy scare strikes back
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello folks [Smile]

I was waiting for my girlfriend's period to come, so I want to get some tips from you guys.

This month we didn't do intercourse, just manual sex. I didn't thinking about that too much, because based on information here I know pregnancy wont happen because of that. But today, my girlfriend said that she was supposed to get her period yesterday. So then, we worried why didn't it come on time.

If any of you guys has been in my position, what should I do to enjoy my life in this waiting time? She didn't want to take a test so I can't force her. I'll be glad if you guys share your opinion or experience [Smile]

Sorry for my bad english [Razz]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even the most regular cycles can vary by a few days each month, so one day isn't anything to be concerned about.

As for what to do in the meantime, pretty much anything that helps you relax is good. [Smile] If you're looking for some ideas, we have a great article on self-care here: Self-Care a La Carte

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gilang5
Activist
Member # 108484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gilang5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link Karybu,

Actually in the middle of her cycle she had a flu and fever for several days, so she went to the hospital and she got an antibiotics which she took until yesterday. So I wonder, maybe the illness and antibiotics were the reasons for late period?

I've been spending my time watching movies and hang out with friends, while today she was spending her time with her family, so far so good [Smile]

Well, today she hasn't had her period yet. So it was late for two days for now. I hope tomorrow morning she will bleed when she wake up! lol [Razz]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You really need to know that the reproductive system is a sensitive one, one that can be impacted, and show changes, due to even minor shifts in any other part of the body. Cycles going wonky because of illness is a common occurrence.

Too, there really is no two- days late with periods. Menstrual cycles standardly deviate by a few days for most people who have them. That is why doctors do not even talk about late periods most of the time until a period is later than around five days after the very latest day it was expected.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.