Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Bent Penis Causes Problem?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bent Penis Causes Problem?
cory445
Neophyte
Member # 41680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cory445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read so much about penises with a curve, and all don't answer one thing: Does a curved penis cause pain for a female virgin having sex for the first time?

I have a left bend of about 30 degrees on my penis, so it is definitely significant, but normal due to circumcision. I've never had sex before, but neither has my fiance. Is this going to be a problem when we do have sex? I know that the first time can be a bit painful because of stretching that has to occur, but my bend is causing me excessive worrying as I think about the first time we are intimate. I don't want to cause her pain, and to be honest, I would really like to let her know beforehand to be (fair??) but the thought worries me a lot, too. I know there are various positions, etc. that make penetration with a curve easier, but I can't help but wonder if that will really ease matters during first time intercourse. Basically, just another lost and somewhat insecure guy thinking about that first time with his future wife. Help anyone?

Posts: 2 | From: N/A | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vaginas are stretchy, muscular tubes (which also have their own curves: the vagina isn't straight or static). As well, the idea that vaginas need to be "stretched out" in some permanent way (or can be) is myth. When we're not talking about the hymen, the vaginal opening and canal loosen when a woman becomes very aroused at any given time, but when that arousal passes, go right back to where they started.

And I'd hope that if you're going to be having intercourse with someone that well before y'all got to that point, you and a partner would have spent some time with other activities first, for a whole bunch of reasons. But in addition to all of those, she'd know full well what shape your penis has and be familiar with it.

If you're worried about pain with intercourse, I'd say that's much more likely to happen due to things like rushing into it, not spending plenty of time with OTHER sexual activities that most women tend to enjoy more first, not being relaxed, not using lubricant as needed, the works, than it would due to a common variation which, indeed, is usually just a matter of any two people finding out by experimenting what feels best to them.

Check it out: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse.

[ 12-25-2008, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cory445
Neophyte
Member # 41680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cory445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, other activities are inevitable, but we both want to save intercourse for marriage. The hymen is what I am most concerned about. I don't want any more pain than normal to occur because I have a bent penis or because it irritates the vaginal canal. Could a bent penis cause more discomfort when the hymen is passed through, or should it not effect the process too much?

Thanks for the help so far!

Posts: 2 | From: N/A | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you two are engaging in plenty of other sexual activity before this, and your partner is at least an older teen, chances are she will only have a partial hymen at that point anyway. It may even be fully eroded by then.

But regardless, penis curvature isn't going to make anything any different for a woman who does have some hymen left to wear away when she starts having intercourse.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BUDIKI
Neophyte
Member # 108677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUDIKI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cory445,

I am also facing with the same kind of problem like yours. My penis bent left side almost 30 degrees, but i never had a problem of paining during erection. Can you please tell how you had overcame your problem at first time you had sex.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BUDIKI, this post is 5 years old and the original poster has not been around since. It is extremely unlikely that they will come back and respond. If you have any questions, you can start a new post of your own and we'll be happy to help you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.