Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » struggling to move on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: struggling to move on
MaddleyLove
Activist
Member # 102003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaddleyLove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi guys [Smile]

I haven't written here for a while, but I feel I am in need of some help here..

if you look at my last couple of posts, you will remember I had a pregnancy scare not long ago..my worst nightmare was almost confirmed. since then I have been on the lookout for any symptoms of pregnancy and have been going over the situation in which I may have had the risk. over and over again I go, and although my instinct tells me I didn't have a risk, obviously my faint positive result followed by a negative blood test hours later makes me doubt myself all the time. I have bled irregularly a few times since (I am on the implant, I got after the situation in question) and although I have bled lighter than a period, It has been sustained for at least 7 days at a time and substantial enough for a pad at times. this should be enough to reassure me, but....
my partner has just gone off to uni, so I have a lot of spare time. I would like to start a new hobby or something, but, heres the thing that's troubling me...I cant seem to move on. my fears are like a giant wall in my way, a wall which I cannot seem to break down. it is blocking me at every turn, stopping me from making decisions which would only enrich my life. how do I get past this wall?

Posts: 199 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maddley,

I know you've mentioned seeing counselors for your anxiety; what sorts of suggestions did they give you for handling your fear when it feels overwhelming? How well have those strategies worked when you've put effort into trying them out?
If you find that those things aren't working for you any more, then your best bet is to go back and talk about what other coping mechanisms you can try to manage those fears.

We do have a pretty new article about self-care that's worth a look as well, if you haven't seen it yet: Self-Care A La Carte

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.