Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Huge test today!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huge test today!
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a huge college exam today that determines whether I get into a program or not... Which determines my entire future :0 I'm terrified. On top of that, I stress myself out with pregnancy scares all the time. I got on birth control for it, but I still drive myself crazy. What does anyone else out there do in times like these?
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recognize that I only have what control over things like this that I do, and do the best I can to do what I can, as well as the best I can to let go of attachment to what I don't have control over.

In other words: you have a big test today. I assume that if it's one you could study for, you did your best to study for it. I assume you did what you could to take care of yourself so you could take it well: got some good sleep, for instance. And thus, the rest is just chips-fall-where-they-may stuff.

Even if you did NOT do those things, when it's time to take that test? All you can do is take that test. Worrying won't make you do better on it: if anything, it'll make you do worse because it'll be harder to concentrate. So, you do all you can to just let go and do what you can do.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Heather [Smile] I just finished it, and I think I did pretty good!! I'm very excited with how I did. Thanks for the advice!
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Per the pregnancy scare part, I just wish I had someone who could relate to my situation, ya know? No one around where I live brings up these things. I emailed my gyno again, and she said "You should definitely be okay, particularly since you were starting a new pack of birth control". But when I'm alone, it's all I can think about. And online people say "there's that 1% chance" and that terrifies me. Maybe if I had someone to talk to that has been in my shoes, it would help me through this.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I could swear that there used to be a thread somewhere on the boards for just that: people sharing how they've dealt when they've been in a similar place to the one you're in, but I cannot for the life of me find it. You're more than welcome to start one of your own, though, and I'm sure a lot of users would really appreciate having a place on the boards to discuss anxiety around pregnancy-risks-that-aren't.

(Also, just because no one in your circle of friends or acquaintances has talked about this before, doesn't mean they don't have experiences to share. It could be that they're just waiting for someone else to speak first, and maybe you just need to ask.)

[ 02-05-2013, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Well I don't even know if it'd be considered a risk-that-isn't, Karybu. My bf and I were making out unclothed and he laid on top of me. We weren't purposely grinding, but I may have somehow gotten precum on me. I'm on the pill also.. So it could be a risk that isn't. Right now I can't test (too soon).... I just wish I could find someone who did the same and could tell me "I turned out fine!"

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.