Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Pregnancy Fear- out of my hands :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Fear- out of my hands :(
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cherylcakes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how does everyone else deal with a pregnancy scare? I seriously need help, I know that, I just need some support and advice, I feel like im going crazy, like I want to do something like run away. [Frown]
Posts: 135 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SittingPretty12
Activist
Member # 94883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SittingPretty12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey hun,

First: breathe.
Second: I have had a few pregnancy scares in my day -- and guess what? I never got pregnant. There is a HIGH chance you're just feeling anxious.
Third: What kind of risk are we talking about here? [Smile]

--------------------
xo.

Posts: 113 | From: West Coast, Best Coast | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cherylcakes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi SittingPretty [Smile]

I just cant do this anymore, y'know? im going to see a dr/nurse today to get counselling, I feel desperate [Frown]

penis to anus contact, no penetration, precum but no ejaculation, and I took EC as a precaution.

please help me, please. [Frown]

[ 12-22-2012, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Cherylcakes ]

Posts: 135 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Run away from what?

I ask because I think that whatever that "what" is might actually be a big part of the answer here per how to help yourself.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

i feel really strange, emotionally raw and drained....i have opened up more in the past rwo days than i have for a very long time, perhaps even for the first time ever...and what really feels like a weight has been lifted was just talking to a friend about how the boyfs comment about conselling only schizophrenics really hurt me...i dont understand why talking about my relationship has lifted more of a weight than talking about my pregnancy fears??
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, again I'd ask you want to run away from what?

My guess is it's possible some of what you might want to run away from could be this relationship, and talking about it has made you feel better because it might be a big part of the problem, if not *the* problem.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

i want to run away from feeling like this, the bad thoughts and negative emotions.
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. But can you see why talking about your relationship has probably been making a difference? because clearly, some of these feelings and thoughts are being triggered by what's happening in that relationship, including around sex?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

yes I can, so clearly [Smile]
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, having identified that, what do you think your next steps need to be?

If what is happening in your relationship is a big part of this, what do you feel like needs to happen with that?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

my parents say I need to tell him straight how I feel, how anxious I am and how I am seeking counselling whether he thinks its for schizophrenics or not [Smile]

SittingPretty, I wonder if you could speak abit more about how you dealt with your pregnancy scares? I really feel I need someone to talk to right now, someone whos been there, y'know? [Smile] x

Heather
Member # 3

I certainly think those places per talking to him are places to start.

You know, I think it's safe to say that most of us who a) have a uterus and b) have ever engaged in the kind of sex that can create a pregnancy have been through at least one pregnancy scare. Of course, that doesn't mean we all have felt the same way about them or handled them the same way.

If it helps, for myself, when I've been there, I've just used all the best emotional coping tools I have for managing stress that work for me until I could take a test to find out, or until my period arrived. For me, those tools have been things like hanging out with friends, spending time doing things I enjoy, especially things that let me let off some steam, hunkering down with things to keep me busy and put my mind elsewhere, and if and when an ongoing partner was the person involved in the sex that created that scare, leaning on them for some extra support and comfort.

Sometimes, too, even figuring out a plan were I to in fact, be pregnant, also helped, because having some idea of what I felt I would do, rather than not knowing that, helped me feel more together.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.