Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Drug-addict mother NEED HELP

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drug-addict mother NEED HELP
Member # 94920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missingmyangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm fighting with my mother because she told me to go get her prescription pills from her boyfriend. I did, not thinking of it. I look at them. And it's all kinds of pain pills and anxiety pills. Some she is prescribed. Some she is not.

She is trying to have my dad come take my car because she is mad because I called her a druggie and a liar.

She just told me that she hated me, that I'm a fatass, and that I should have been aborted.

I am 17 and live in Tennessee.

I want to find a way to where I can get away from this.

I want to be able to move out and not be in foster care. Living with my dad wouldn't work out.

I've been the one to call the ambulance for her.
I've been the one to clean up her blood after she fell multiple times from mixing muscle relaxers with her medicene.
I've been the one to take care of her kids while she goes out and while she is high.

I have dealt with her addiction since I was 11. She's been on crack, meth, and pills.

I just cannot take this anymore. This is just too much for a 17 year old to handle.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry you had to wait on a reply to this.

I agree, this isn't healthy and it's not something anyone should have to handle, especially not a child (not a literal child, you get what I mean), with a parent.

In terms of getting out of this while avoiding the foster care system, you basically have a couple options:

1) Do you have any extended family you could stay with, and/or who would be willing to take custory of you?
2) Alternately, you could file to be an emancipated minor, but that involves things like being able to prove you can pay all your bills on your own, get a legal place to live, all while still going to school, etc.

Personally, if neither of these things are options for you, given how close you are to 18, I think it sounds like getting into the social service system and being in temporary foster care is likely a much better option for you than remaining in this house.

What do you think?

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3