Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I really want to stop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I really want to stop
helpneeded1
Neophyte
Member # 95378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpneeded1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I am 18 going on 19 very soon and I have never had a bofriend or ever been kissed. The closest I have ever gotten to having a boyfriend was when I was 15 but that did not go down to well. But back to the issue at hand.

I am always constantly feeiling horny. I do not know why. I feel like at least 1.5 time ever hour i think about nasty things, and funnily enough I have never done anything before.

I don't drink or party and I'm in college as well.
I really do not like thinking about nasty things due to religious reasons. I am a muslim and thoughts like these are not permitted at all. This hass been going on for about two years now.

I cannot stop touching myself!!!!! And I really hate that i do this. If anyone evr found out I dont know what I would do. I like to think of my self as a pure person and I do not like the fact that all I ever think about is feeling good. I try to think and pin point the reason why and I always end up at the reason being that I have never actually physically been in a rlationship and That I may just be eager to try all these new things. However I do plan on no sex till marriage. It is something I am very Very adamant about. Like i literrally dont care what most of the people around me have to say about that issue.

I am not the most religious person in the world but that is one rule I intend to never ever break. I littlerally trust no one but God but yet I alwways seem to disapoint Him and myself. I know this is not a religion forum but I really need advice or help on how to kick this feelings away. I do not what to roll with them, beacause I know many people will say..."Your a teeneager with all these raging hormones...and blah blah blah" but I just dont want to do these things.

My mind says know but by body is always overpowering my mind. I have gone months at a time within the past two years without touching myself but lately my will power has been diminishing. I tired and I want to stop.
Please any suggestion on things I can do.

Posts: 13 | From: scotland | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry this post was missed, helpneeded.

Whatever our religious beliefs are, we always have the right to choose not to masturbate. What people often say about hormones is actually incorrect; as they only play a tiny part in sexual desire.

It isn't likely that not having been in a relationship before is causing you to feel aroused. We're all born with sexualities and it's common to fantasize and masturbate whatever our age, religion or level of sexual experience with a partner. However, as I said, we advise stopping if it's something you don't want to be doing.

Here are some alternative ways people express and manage those feelings and desires:

• engaging in sensual, rather than directly sexual things, like say, dancing, doing lovely things for your body (like say, soaking in a hot spring or getting a henna tattoo), creating or eating foods that feel very sensually pleasing for you

• exercise. That can include things like the above that feel sensual or those that don't.

- Indulging in your hobbies and interests. What do you like to do with your spare time?

Any of those have any appeal?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.