Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Dealing with death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dealing with death
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know its suppose to be the happiest of the yr, christmas, but its not for me. I have so much disasters intruding into my life at this point. One major thing for me right now is the death of my grandma approaching. A few days ago I found out my grandma has cancer in her stomach but went to her live and she has 6-12 mons to live but she and I believe it will be sooner. And I just been hanging with her recently more, but like sometimes I just feel like not going over there at all cause its so hard to face. And I try and not let it bother me or show emotions but it really kills me inside to see her the way she is. How does anyone cope with this???
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry, my gran died when I was about... 16-17 I think, it was very very hard because she was very nice and kind and I loved her a lot. One thing I would say is that it's probably advisable to try and see her even if it's hard to face because while I did see my gran when she was sick shortly before her death, I still wish I'd had more time with her.

I can also relate about the holiday/winter blues, even when nothing is going wrong, I still get affected by the cold weather and the short days and I have triggers around religion which are more pronounced when so many people are celebrating it even more than usual. But you say you have a lot of disaster in your life at the moment, do you want to talk more about that? Or would you find it helpful to talk more about your feelings about your grandma's illness?

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackT
Neophyte
Member # 72460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry that you are going through this...
I understand that it's hard when everyone else seems to be focusing on the holidays. As Jill said it's good to spend as much time with your gran as you can, and try and seek support from your family.
It's not easy coping with death, but it does get easier over time. If you can also seek support from your friends.
I wish I could offer more support.

Posts: 27 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.