Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Morning After Pill HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morning After Pill HELP
barcagraz
Neophyte
Member # 85444

Icon 11 posted      Profile for barcagraz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am terrified, I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend, I am not even sure if his penis was inserted, however, we didn't use condom. I took the morning after pill and got the side effects of dizziness, headaches and fatigue.
I know nothing about this, but my friends told me I could have my period late. Two weeks have passed and I am not supposed to get my period until the fourth, but I am completely paranoid about getting pregnant !!!!!!!!
anyone with some experience in this???

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If two weeks have passed since the risk, you can take a pregnancy test now and fine out for sure.

Unprotected genital contact also poses STI risks, so if you and your partner aren't up-to-date with your testing, you'll want to get caught up on that.

Would you like any help in figuring out how to protect yourself better next time?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barcagraz
Neophyte
Member # 85444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barcagraz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes of course I'd like to know protection methods for the next time, as before this I was not sexualy active, but what I really want to know is how far does the Morning after pill avoid a pregnancy? Is it very effective?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EC can reduce the pregnancy risk by 75-89%, depending on how soon after the risk you took it. The sooner you took it, the better the chances that it worked.

But also, it sounds like you had a very small risk to begin with, if at all. So, I'd not worry too much. But again: at this point, you also don't need to fret, you can take a test and find out for sure.

And these articles will help you get a better idea of your options in terms of protection:
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barcagraz
Neophyte
Member # 85444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barcagraz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Thanks a lot, really [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.