Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » How do I stop worrying over this pregnancy scare?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do I stop worrying over this pregnancy scare?
elizabeth23
Neophyte
Member # 101351

Icon 9 posted      Profile for elizabeth23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, I can't stop stressing over becoming pregnant from pre-ejaculate..even though I know that is very unlikely. Someone help me stop stressing out please [Frown]

About 3 days ago, my boyfriend and I were fooling around and things heated up. We didn't have a condom on us but his penis went inside of me for about less than 2 minutes...I know he didn't ejaculate but I'm woried about pre-ejaculate getting me pregnant.

I don't understand why I am still worried when I know he didn't previously ejaculate in the last 24 hours before we had that encounter and he urinated right before this. And I'm sure he was dry when he entered me...

I also read the link on this site about pre-cum not being likely to cause pregnancy. And this was like my situation http://kinseyconfidential.org/can-you-get-pregnant-from-pre-cum/

and all the signs lead to me not being pregnant, but I am still extrememly worried. I know that my chances of being pregnancy are extremely low because he did not ejaculate, but why am I still worried? How do I stop my anxiety? I am probably making my period late because of this..

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI elizabeth23 and welcome to scarleteen,

In general, when there is contact between bare genitals with no birth control used, we do consider that a pregnancy risk. You're right though that the risk here is minimal as there was no ejaculation.

The sexual activity you're describing has a much higher risk for STI (sexually transmitted infection) transmission than it does for pregnancy. Have you and your boyfriend both recently been tested for STIs?

What do you mean by all the signs leading to you not being pregnant?

In terms of how to stop stressing, do you have a sense of what it is that is making you feel stressed even with all the research you've done? Do you feel like you understand the science of how someone does and doesn't get pregnant?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabeth23
Neophyte
Member # 101351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabeth23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the quick reply. But by minimal, how low are the chances? I know you can't give statistics, but should I even be the least bit worried?

Neither of us have been sexually active with anyone else in the past, so I believe that it would be unlikely for us to be getting STIs.

Oops, I meant that all the evidence and proof from my research lead me to believe that I am most likely not pregnant.

I even talked to another sex health educator and told me that my chances of being pregnant are extremely low because there was no ejaculate and even IF there was pre-cum it would be highly unlikely still due to the low amount compared to semen in a full ejac.

I have no idea why I am still stressed even with all the research I've done. I've read many trustworthy, credible websites that state that pre-ejaculate does not always contain sperm and it is unlikely for pregnancy. However, I was also reading other websites where they state where someone has gotten pregnant from pre-cum, however many of these sites I viewed that made me stress more were from people who seemed to be less educated with their information as it was a forum, and they were posting with incorrect grammar and in a hostile manner.

However,maybe a refresher of how someone gets pregnant will help me? I know that a woman is most likely to get pregnant by a full ejaculation...

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabeth23
Neophyte
Member # 101351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabeth23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually why I might be worried is because I think I am ovulating right now...and I keep thinking the "what ifs" like what if there was sperm?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to help fill you in on how pregnancy happens: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

This might help, too, per your concerns about ovulation: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabeth23
Neophyte
Member # 101351

So now that I read that, I should be sure that my chances of pregnancy are very low and I should stop worrying right? Sorry for the bother, I know I should stop questioning it because it's unlikely but I just need some reassurance so I can stop stressing out. :/
elizabeth23
Neophyte
Member # 101351

"If semen comes in direct contact with a vagina, pregnancy can occur. It is that simple."

This was from the article you posted. Sorry I missed this part. But since he didn't even come close to ejaculating because he was in me for a short amount of time, it would be safe to say that there was no semen? Correct?

Pre ejaculatory fluid is different from semen right?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't ever tell anyone what to worry about or not: that's just not up to us, and it's not like telling people to worry or not changes anything. Worrying, too, doesn't do anything except make you stressed, so when someone asks me, no matter the situation, I'm always going to vote for not worrying.

I don't know what other reassurance we can give you that we haven't already. Plan B works up to 120 hours after a risk, so if nothing else, if using it would make you feel better, know that's an option.

Otherwise, you just need to wait it out until your period. maybe you can also ask your boyfriend for some extra emotional support?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cherylcakes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey elizabeth23 [Smile]

im actually going through the same thing atm, so I know how hard it is [Frown]
would you like to talk? I know it can be helpful to have someone else there who knows what its like [Smile]

Posts: 135 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.