Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » 3,2,1...Venting...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3,2,1...Venting...
LishyElizabeth
Neophyte
Member # 47452

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LishyElizabeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so this really dosen't need a reply of any sort, I just need to vent to someone. It's really late where I am, so late in fact, that even though I have friends in 4 time zones, *no one* is online on Facebook o.O, and my boyfriend is asleep, so I don't have anyone to talk to about this.

So here goes.

My boyfriend and I were performing with our show choir today at a retirement home, and I'm sure it was obvious to most people that we're a couple, but it's not like we were hanging all over each other. At the most, we had an arm around the other or were holding hands, or I was leaning against his chest or shoulder. All completley G rated, no kissing (that I can remember, but even if we had kissed, since we were in public and surrounded by our very conservative fellow show choir members, it was a peck on the check or he kissed the top of my head. Again, G rated.) After the show, we were heading back to some chairs along the wall to grab our stuff because he had to leave with his mom and brothers for Maryland to go see his family for Christmas, and a woman, who I guessing was probably a resident there because she was oldish, stopped us and started talking. It took a second for what she was saying to sink in because she was pretty quiet and had a Southern accent, but she said "Ya'll need to limit your actions in public. You were right in my line of sight, and I was watching you the whole time..." and she went on for another minute or two, making it sound like there had been hot and heavy sex right there in the lobby. I could feel my face immeadieatly heat up and I knew I was bright red (sometimes I really hate being insanely pale and embarrassable.) I apologized and said ok. Numerous times, because she kept on talking and reprimanding, basically repeating what she'd already said about 4 times before. Finally she let us go, but because I'm so insanely overly sensitive (thanks, Mom) I had to blink back tears for a second.

She vanished after that, but I'm still *issed. I mean, I get that she's probably pretty conservative, or just doesn't approve of any teens dating, or seeing any sort of "touching" between guys and girls, but there was seriously so little contact. I mean, if she'd said anything before the show started, when everyone was wandering around the lobby talking and there were no residents sitting there watching us, then she mightve had about *one* actual kiss involving lip contact (if that. I can't actually remember any kissing, of any sort, so there probably wasnt any) to complain about. But still, my bf and I are involved in a pretty conservative homeschool setting (the opposite of us, we're really liberal, but when you live in the Southeast, what can ya do?) so we don't usually kiss or anything major like that in public, or if we do, it's G rated. I mean, kissing that's more graphic happens in Disney movies for God's sake!

Sorry this is so long, and, if anyone even reads it, thanks [Smile] When I'm angry, I can't sleep, so now that I've vented I should get a couple extra hours of sleep XD

Peace,
Lishy

Posts: 25 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Ouch. That's...I'm pretty surprised, actually...my grandparents are sometimes a little on the conservative side, but most of the older people I've met are happy just to talk about young love and how they met their sweetheart. I'd guess she grew up in an area or family that didn't deal well with any affection whatsoever?

As a related topic, I too am insanely pale and highly embarrassable. If I feel nearly any negative-ish emotion (sad, frustrated, angry, annoyed, etc) then I start crying, and my nose, lips and ears all turn bright red. And when embarrassed, my entire face goes red. Which is even more embarrassing, which makes me even redder. It's a vicious cycle. Suffice it to say, I feel your pain.
(Sunburn much?)

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that really sucks. i'm sorry that happened to you, but i can certainly feel your pain. my mother is the same way. I can't kiss my boyfriend in front of her, i can barely touch him. She won't even let me lean on him innocently while sitting on the couch. She admits that it's due to an inability and unwillingness to accept that i'm growing up and having an intimate relationship with a boy. but we never do anything in front of her, so it makes me so angry that she barely lets me touch him in her presence.

i also totally understand being hard-pressed to sleep when upset. I can't sleep when i'm upset either and i also frequently find myself without people to talk to because they're sleep

Posts: 95 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LishyElizabeth
Neophyte
Member # 47452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LishyElizabeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kawani3792~ It is indeed an extremely viscious cycle. At the moment, I can only think of a couple things more embarrassing than having a complete stranger old enough to be your grandmother walking up to you and reprimanding you O.O And of course, every time I even think about it, I can feel my cheeks start to get red again. *sigh* and the sunburns...my dad doesnt understand that some days, not even SPF 100+ keeps me from burning XD

AponiKanti~ Wow, I'm glad my mom's more open then that. I think my parents (namely my mom. My dad's kind of oblivious) are just happy that I have friends after a couple years of not really having anyone (public school to homeschool transition to blame for that [Razz] ) so they indulge me quite a bit. But my boyfriend and I don't even really kiss in front of them cuz I'm really shy and private, and I'd like to keep my private life just that, private. XD I've had people who I know say stuff to/about me and Nat, my boyfriend, telling us to not be all couple-y (mostly teachers. My chemistry teacher *issed me off for a couple weeks because she wouldn't even let me sit next to him in class. now we can, but it still makes me mad when she says anything to us in front of the 20 other people in class.)

I've lost sooo much sleep because I was angry or stressed XD I'm a night owl by nature, so that already limits the number of people able to talk to you, but when you're suferring from stress/anger induced insomnia and its 4 a.m., there are only so many people awake, lol XD So I'm glad I have Scarleteen [Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol hey even on scarleteen the number of people awake and online is very limited. i've been on here at five am and gotten no responses lol i usually find something to read on the main website, night owls for life! XD

[ 12-25-2010, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: AponiKanti ]

Posts: 95 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LishyElizabeth
Neophyte
Member # 47452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LishyElizabeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, true! Thankfully, though, what I really needed the other night was just to get it out, not necessarily an answer, so Scarleteen was a huge help XD
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually go on this site called Sheroes Central...one of their boards is called Blowing Off Steam, and it's a no-holds-barred spot to rant about whatever's going on when there's no one around to rant to. Even when the other members don't give an answer, there's usually several virtual hugs.
Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

sounds cool, i'll have to check it out the next time i need to rant at four am. thanks kawani!
LishyElizabeth
Neophyte
Member # 47452

Haha, yeah, I'll have to remember that, too! Thanks!!
Ash5girl
Neophyte
Member # 53277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ash5girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You want to hear about venting! I like guys and all but I don't even have a boyfriend and my mom is practically shoveling the "no touchy-touchy" thong down my throat! That and the sex talk! First of all, mom, I dOnt have a boyfriend yet so save it for later! Second, when I do I think I'd rather actually kiss him when we're alone so I could actually kiss. Not just a peck on the forehead or cheek!! But god! I thought dating is suppost to be good! Now I'm scared to even mentioning liking someOne in front of my parents! And I'm not even dating yet!!

--------------------
Ash5girl

Posts: 5 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.