Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Didn't Think It Would Get This Bad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Didn't Think It Would Get This Bad
smalltowngirl
Neophyte
Member # 46811

Icon 9 posted      Profile for smalltowngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh...I just don't understand why bad things keep happening. When I stopped talking to my ex-bf, I felt happy and stuff.I thought I would be happier. Then I began to see my best friend is a liar and she wanted me to be miserable. Telling me stuff about him to get me upset and I'm done talking to her. I've been ignoring her and stuff. She wants me to make my life center around her. She called me (this is before I decided to ignore) and was talking about her "friend" and what him and her did this weekend then she was like well someone has been tryna talk to my ex-bf and someone put I LOVE U on his facebook page. What does she want to say? Did he say I LOVE U TOO? She knows I've only been with him so she'll be like you need to experience more and you probably don't know what real sex is like. Seriously, I'm not gonna sleep with every guy that shows me some attention. I actually have standards.She always has problems. She calls me as soon as I get out of school, she moved away but she is still concerned about what goes on in our town. She claims she moved because of differences with her mom but i think part of it was because no one really liked her anymore. So it is like misery loves company. Then i cut off all contact with my dad because he is spiteful and disrespectful. He yelled at my mom and disrespected her but I guess it hurt because he abused her in the past. And he tried to make her feel little around his new girlfriend to be spiteful. I just don't understand. I don't know to deal with this. I haven't really been eating much. I have tried coping with this but I can't. My mom is worried I'm going to start losing a lot of weight again. I just feel like I cant win for losing. I'm trying to take on [Embarrassed] [Mad] all of this at once and I know when I get over this I'll just be tested. He'll text me in a month trying to get back with me, she'll be a psycho and text me and call me, and my dad he'll make it seem like my mom caused all this. I just don't know. I don't know how to deal with all this by myself.
Posts: 28 | From: mississippi | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear smalltowngirl,
It sounds like you have been going through a very difficult time with family and friends, both is often so hard for anyone to deal with.

You wrote that you felt happier after breaking up with your BF. Would you like to talk a little bit about your ex-BF and what events/incidents led you to break up with him?

It seems like the girl you refer to as your best friend is creating difficulties for you. It seems like you are feeling confused and unhappy with the thing she has been telling you. While it is helpful to get advice and feedback from others, it is not acceptable for anyone (regardless of whether they are our friend, brother/sister or parents) to *tell* us when , how much and with whome we ought to having sex without talking to us or giving valid reasons or concern. It is also not acceptable for anyone to quantify one kind of sex as "more real" or "less real" that the other.

Seeing a parent verbally abuse another parent can be traumatizing for anyone. About your dad, however, cutting off all contact with a parent can be a major decision. Is this something you have done in the past? How do you feel about it? What particular behaviors of your dad have upset you and have you talked to him about it? Often times , boundaries are healthy and important to have to protect us and make us feel safe.

[ 01-17-2011, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: breath ]

Posts: 347 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smalltowngirl
Neophyte
Member # 46811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smalltowngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he had been upset during the week and we hadn't really talked so I told him we didn't have to talk anymore and he just said I was selfish and he didn't care but he just takes this as a joke all the time. And my friend had asked me why he was upset because she saw it on his facebook page and she said someone was trying to talk to him and stuff, so it is like she just wants me to be miserable since she knows we aren't on talking terms right now. She says stuff like well you need to experience more other guys because you're sex life is boring and stuff. She's been with at least ten guys but everyone knows I'm not like that. My dad basically never did anything for me so this was his last chance and he messed up by causing a scene and yelling at my mom so idk it just been a lot.
Posts: 28 | From: mississippi | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.