Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » such a mess!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: such a mess!
Sara
Neophyte
Member # 49208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like such a mess right now. I don't know what to think or do.

Nothing in my life seems to go right. My family is so screwed up. When things happen and I need my boyfriend he's not there.

I get in these moods where all I want to do is cry because I'm so unhappy. I get so unmotivated and want to give up on everything.

I have nobody to talk to. The only way I can talk to my mom is by texting her. That way we don't start fighting. She rarely answers back.

I'm so lost, confused, unhappy, angry, worried, jealous, anxious, and I don't know what else.

Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a lot. I'm sorry you're so unhappy.

You say you have no one to talk to but your boyfriend. Can I ask about friends?

As well, it sounds like you're dealing with depression. Have you talked to a healthcare provider about that yet?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara
Neophyte
Member # 49208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really have friends.

After 6th grade the friends I had transferred schools and quit talking to me. By the 8th grade I had a new group of friends. 9th grade I met new people (3 middle schools got put together). The friends I had turned to drugs and alcohol so I quit hanging out with them. Didn't want to be associated with it. My new friends started ignoring me (I still don't know why). People started making fun of me for being quiet so I kept to myself.

I haven't talked to anybody. I'm afraid. I can't express myself well, especially in person. I'm afraid of what others will think.. afraid of what my family will think.

Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand. That sounds like a pretty tough friends-making situation. Does your boyfriend have friends who you can get connected to, maybe also getting connected to their larger group of friends?

It sounds like you've got some social anxiety on top of what sounds like depression. Not talking to anyone qualified about all of that can be so hard, and make it really hard to feel better.

Counselors and therapists don't need you to come in expressing yourself well. It's their job, and in their skillset, to help people communicate and to find out ho a given patient is most comfortable doing that. Maybe start with a school counselor?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara
Neophyte
Member # 49208

Yes, I have major social anxiety issues. I went to an 8 week group therapy at my school last semester. It helped a little bit with being able to do everyday things and be a little more confident.

My school actually offers (I think) free counseling. I have looked into it a little bit and have considered it, but I can't make myself actually do it.

Heather
Member # 3

I think one of the toughest times there is in taking care of ourselves is when we strongly feel others should be taking care of us better (and sometimes they should be). I don't know if that's part of what's going on here, but from your posts, it sounds like it might be.

Here's the hard truth: in so much of life, it really boils down to us taking care of us. If we feel like crap and want to feel better, it's we who have to take the steps we need to do make that happen, which include things like seeking out help that we KNOW we will actually get and know we need.

I know it's a scary step sometimes, especially if we get comfortable in our discomfort, which can happen pretty easily. But I'd strongly encourage you to do it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.