Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » SEX

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SEX
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IF MY GIRLFRIEND WANTED SEX AND SAID THAT SHE WOULD LEAVE IF I DID NOT SLEEP WITH HER I HAVE NOT GOT GIRLFRIEND YET BUT I AM WORRIED THAT THIS MIGHT COME PS I AM NOT READY FOR SEX YET
Posts: 163 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the same girl you mentioned here? If so, I'm a bit confused how the topic of sex has already come up and how you have established a relationship when you two haven't gone out yet.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/000418/p/1.html#000002

I think Joey answered your question already.

But let me reiterate:

Any loving partner will not force you to have sex. Nor do you need to be worrying about this, because you don't have a potential sex partner to force you into it.

If someone DOES say "have sex with me or I'm leaving you" ... Let them leave. They're not a healthy partner anyway.

[ 08-24-2010, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Devanie ]

Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghf
Activist
Member # 47602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I AM JUST CONFUSED ABOUT GETTING A GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO SOME OF MY FRIENDS SAYING THAT WHEN YOU GRT A GIRLFRIEND SHE WILL WANT TO HAVE SEX AND I AM NOT EMOTIONALY READY FOR THAT YET I NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND BEFORE AND THE GUYS SAY THEY HAVE HAD SEX WITH THERE GIRLFRIENDS A LOT OF TIMES BEFORE
Posts: 163 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Can you please stop typing in all capital letters, please? It's hard on the eyes and is the internet equivalent of shouting. Thanks.)

As others have said, it's a bit early to be thinking about sex when you don't have a partner yet. If and when you are in a situation with someone where sex is a possibility and you don't feel ready for it yet, that's all you need to say. A respectful partner will accept that and won't pressure you.

Also? It really doesn't matter what other people have or have not done; when it comes to sex all you need to worry about is what you feel ready for.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.