Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » cutting?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cutting?
Fluffybunny678
Neophyte
Member # 45780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fluffybunny678     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i started cutting myself a couple weeks ago.. i honeslty don't think ive gone a week without thinking about killing myself. i dont think im beautiful, everyone else thinks that my sister is prettier/ more beautiful than i am. this one time, this person said to me "no offence but your sister is hotter than you are" i just keep replayng that over and over in my head and i cry whne i think it every single time. i die a little more inside every time i hear it. my ex bf is the only one who every called me beautiful and i miss it so much evern though the relationship wasnt its best. i just want my current boyfriend to understand bc i told him why i did the other night. i just want him to hold me in his arms and tell me im beautiful. id only believe it if he said it to me face to face.. i feel like complete shit bc all i get is bullshit from my sister bc shes a year yonger then me and i get treated like im the piece of shit.. i need help. but my parents wouldnt understand. i dont want them to like worry..

--------------------
Fluffybunny678

Posts: 22 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey fluffybunny: Do you have someone close to you that you can talk to about what's happening? I see you saying you don't want to talk to your parents because you don't want them worried, but how about another adult that you're close with. Also, would you be willing to talk with a counselor about this? It's REALLY important that you find some in person support so you're safe. I'm going to link a number here for you as well so you have some support in the meantime, it's the National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255. They're really great and offer some really great support.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fluffybunny678
Neophyte
Member # 45780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fluffybunny678     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's not just because i want them to worry, its just like my 3 older brothers smoke pot and all the attention and everything is on them and my sister is one of those really annoying "popular" girls and if i told them i wouldnt want it to seem like i'm doing it for attention because im nott.

--------------------
Fluffybunny678

Posts: 22 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's something you can explain to them as well, or they can talk with someone else about. The important thing is finding some support, and getting yourself to a place right now where you are safe, and where you will not be doing something to hurt yourself. If not your parents, how about another adult you know and can trust? It's going to be really important for you to find some in-person support.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brittanycookie
Activist
Member # 47565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brittanycookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what its like, I used to have a bad cutting problem. My life was amazing but then it just went down hill. I'd like to say that things will get better but i cant read the future. But i know if you patiently wait it out, try to look at the bright side of things, it wouldn't be as hard.
Posts: 78 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Optimus.Prime
Neophyte
Member # 46654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Optimus.Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a really bad cutting problem when I was younger. It got to the point where I was shipped off to therapy every Wednesday for 3 years. What really helped me the most is knowing that someone out there loves you so much and thinks you're the most beautiful person out there. Just try to push through this hard time.
Posts: 11 | From: In Wonderland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.