Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Stuck in a risk-taking rut?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stuck in a risk-taking rut?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often enough, some of our users clearly get stuck in places where they're taking risks they either don't want to, or which are really dangerous, but have a very hard time changing those habits, even when they have good information about them and a way to get connected to in-person help they need.

So, do you feel stuck? Maybe in something like not using contraception (or effective contraception) or safer sex, having sex you don't want or know you can't handle or unhealthy relationships or ways of thinking? What do you think you need to get unstuck?

Or, have you been stuck but aren't anymore? What finally got you out of your rut, and into more positive, healthy habits?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soprano
Neophyte
Member # 65976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soprano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny that you posted this when I just joined.

I have/used to have a tendency to try and get guys alone with me to test whether or not they'll try to hurt me. Completely idiotic. My body behavior would change, and it'd be like I was trying to seduce them. Only thing is it would be sub-conscious until I'd replay the night in my head. Can't believe I did those things.

Since I have a boyfriend, I'm pretty much never alone with a guy except for him. It's been 2 years since we started dating, so I have no idea if I would still do this or not.

It's nice to know that I won't be in a situation where I would be able to.

Posts: 26 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.